star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?

Report bad ads?

Think about it, being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility. And to eat the one fruit that was forbidden out of the millions that were offered to you, i mean come one really....

(if you don't have the necessary knowledge to answer the question please don't answer?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?

Of course it's wrong.

It is very arrogant to say something like 'come on really' in a mocking manner like that.

See, Allah has a ranking system for all humans. You should know that the Prophets and Messengers occupy the top positions in this ranking order. We sit at the low end and have no business trying to act smart and think down of someone who out classes us in a million different ways. Beyond doubt, if we were in his position we would have done the same thing if not in a worse manner. There is no doubt in that. So, it makes no sense for you to think bad of him. It's like me looking down on Manny Pacquiao for losing some of his previous matches when if it was me against his opponents I would have been knocked out in seconds. Only arrogance and ignorance can be to be blame for that.

That said, however, the main issue you have is that you are attributing our existence here in this world onto Adam AS whereas in fact you need to realise that everything happens only due to the will of Allah. I.e. we are here due to the will of Allah and not Prophet Adam's action in and of itself.
    chat Quote

Ali_008's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    - I Love You Allah -
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will leave all the Islamic part out of this answer, and try to answer in the simplest terms.

If Adam and Eve knew the consequences of their action, I don't think they would have eaten in the first place. Additionally, they were the pioneer humans, they had no past examples to take heed from, and one can only imagine how innocent they must have been. Adam (alayhi salaam) was taught the name of things by Allah, and he was a knowledgeable person, but yet there is a lot of difference between theory and practice. On paper, we would give away our lives for the sake of Islam, but in reality how many Muslims would actually stand up? It is a matter of naivete as well as inexperience.

In addition to the above, it is totally unfair to just find an excuse for the ill of all mankind and just attribute it to someone. The fruit brought knowledge to mankind, and as a result also led to wars, but you have to also take into account that it was because of this knowledge that a lot of wonderful things have happened on earth. The immortal moments that have occurred over the years displaying the undying spirit of man are exceptional as well.

It is also human nature to do things which are harmful despite being well aware of the consequences such as students not preparing well before their exams, people being unreasonable with one another, not finishing work until the end of deadline and incurring last minute pressure, and others I'm sure you are well aware of. In the case of Adam and Eve, the consequences going as ghastly as they did was hardly imaginable.

Hope this helps.
    | Likes Abz2000 liked this post

If Allah helps you, none can overcome you; and if He forsakes you, who is there after Him that can help you? And in Allah (Alone) let believers put their trust.
    Surah Ale Imran : 160

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) said:
    The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) climbed up Uhud, accompanied by Abu Bakr, ‘Umar and ‘Uthmaan, and the mountain shook with them. He struck it with his foot and said: “Stand firm, O Uhud, for there is no one on you but a Prophet or a Siddeeq or two martyrs.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari (3483)

Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Taala) does not inspire seeking forgiveness in a slave whom he wishes to punish.
    Ali (RadhiAllahu Anhu)
    chat Quote

Nur Student's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by iiddnn View Post
    Think about it, being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility. And to eat the one fruit that was forbidden out of the millions that were offered to you, i mean come one really....
    It is definitely wrong to think this way, and hate Adam (a.s.) and Eve.

Refer to this thread from only a couple days ago:

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ing-adams.html
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, it is wrong to hate somebody Allah chose, honoured, and guided.

Allah says in the Qur'an:

Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds. (3:33)

Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]. (20:122)

Think about it, being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility.
    You need to be careful before putting such an accusation on Adam (alahyi assalaam).

What you have quoted, is not the Islamic point of view, but the Christian point of view, whereby part of the punishment was that Adam (alayhi assalaam) and all subsequent generations would have endure painful toil, and suffering entered the world. The Islamic point of view, is that Allah forgave, honoured, chose, and guided him. There is no mention of human pain and suffering being a consequence of eating from the tree. Adam (alayhi assalaam) is our father, created by Allah with His own hands.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 11-29-2013 at 09:06 PM.
    | Likes جوري, Muslim Woman, Abz2000, AsheSkyler liked this post

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

Abdullah101's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

(if you don't have the necessary knowledge to answer the question please don't answer?
    Adam and Eve are not the cause of all the pain and suffering in this world.

Quran 2:37
    Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful.

Desire is the cause of all suffering, it drives every bad decision we make.
    | Likes Muslim Woman, Abz2000 liked this post
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there's a hadith, though i don't have the chain, but it's considered to be authentic:

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Him in whose hand is my soul, if you were a people who did not commit sin, Allah would take you away and replace you with a people who would sin and then seek Allah’s forgiveness so He could forgive them.” [Sahīh Muslim (2687)]
    Allah knew Adam would sin. we are not perfect. it's what you do AFTER you sin that counts, repent and return to Allah.

don't get lost in deviant or Christian theology, stick with Islam!

ma salaama
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

OmarHassan's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't blame Adam or Eve. They are only humans, and you should try to sympathize with their downfall considering that you share part of their flaw. Blame the Shayatun for everything and strive to do better every day, and recognize that if it weren't for adam and eve, you wouldn't even be here. If it weren't for adam and eve, Allah wouldn't have delivered his message and he would not have provided a path for you to know him. It's an abstract concept. Lastly, do as the prophet (swt) said and hate that which is evil and love that which is good... I guess adam and eve's downfall is sort of a good thing.
    Salam
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't know the auntenticity of this story I read a long time ago, but it made me think....

A story narrated that on one of his journeys, Moses (pbuh) came across Adam (pbuh) and asked if he was Adam, the first man, (or something like that) to which Adam (pbuh) replied yes he was, and Moses asked a further 2 verifying questions to ensure that it was him and not somebody else to which Adam (pbuh) confirmed that he indeed was, and Moses (pbuh) really let loose and blamed the consequences of that 'apple' action squarely on his shoulders.

Adam (pbuh) replied by asking Moses (pbuh) 3 similar questions, like is he Moses that was sent for the Jews.... to which Moses replied yes, to confirm that he indeed was. Adam then went on tho say words to the effect of,

Do you believe that the Book was written before my (Adam's pbuh) creation? Which Moses agrees to, then Adam asked words to the effect of, 'how can you, (Moses) blame me for actions that was already predestined to happen by the WILL of Allah?' to which Moses (pbuh) conceded and realised that it was not Adam or Eve that is to be blamed for the plight of humanity here on earth...

I liked the story and it answers my curiosity on that matter... as I said, not sure of its authenticity, though... (wished I had the source where I got this from)

Peace
    Last edited by greenhill; 12-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes it is wrong. First of all Adam was the first Prophet and we have to revere all Prophets. Adam and Eve were also our ancestors (parents) so we can't hate them. Finally, the reason we're on earth has nothing to do with their mistake. Allah created humans for the earth, to live here and do their stuff, etc. That is even proven from Allah's statement
    And [mention, O Muhammad], when your Lord said to the angels, "Indeed, I will make upon the earth a successive authority." They said, "Will You place upon it one who causes corruption therein and sheds blood, while we declare Your praise and sanctify You?" Allah said, "Indeed, I know that which you do not know."
    (2:30)

Another translation is: And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth.

So mankind was destined to be placed on the earth from the beginning. Therefore, whether Adam and Eve had made the mistake or not, we would still be on earth.

Remember also, that Allah had asked various creation whether they wanted to take the test (that we are in now) but they refused. Only mankind accepted to be a part of this test. So we brought this upon ourselves. Even today mankind continues to place itself in unnecessary hardships bringing upon itself more than it can bear. Think of the people scaling Mount Everest. For what reason? Only because that is the nature of mankind.

Indeed, we offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man [undertook to] bear it. Indeed, he was unjust and ignorant. (33:72)

For more information, read the tafsir of the above verses.
    Last edited by Muhaba; 11-30-2013 at 04:05 AM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you iiddnn;

You only earn the right to hate Adam and Eve; if you have never disobeyed Allah, and you will never disobey Allah for the rest of your life.

If you have disobeyed Allah only once, then you become sinful like the rest of us, and like Adam and Eve we have to answer to our creator.

In the spirit of searching for a just, merciful and forgiving God,

Eric
    | Likes MustafaMc, glo, greenhill, AsheSkyler liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    Don't know the auntenticity of this story I read a long time ago, but it made me think....

[...]

Do you believe that the Book was written before my (Adam's pbuh) creation? Which Moses agrees to, then Adam asked words to the effect of, 'how can you, (Moses) blame me for actions that was already predestined to happen by the WIll of Allah?' to which Moses (pbuh) conceded and realised that it was not Adam or Eve that is to be blamed for the plight of humanity here on earth...

I liked the story and it answers my curiosity on that matter... as I said, not sure of its authenticity, though... (wished I had the source where I get this from)
    I think you might be referring to the following hadith in Sahih al-Bukhari and others:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, 'Musa argued with Adam and he said to him, "Are you the one who got mankind expelled from Paradise because of your sin and you caused them grief!'' Adam replied, "Are you the one whom Allah chose for His Divine Messages and His direct Speech Are you blaming me for a matter that Allah wrote upon me before He created me.''' Then, the Messenger of Allah said, 'Thus, Adam defeated Musa'.

Quoted here:
    http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...=897&Itemid=74
    http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/do...stify_sinning_
    | Likes Eric H, MustafaMc, YusufNoor, Muslim Woman, Hulk liked this post

chat Quote

jameelash's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam the bro sis have given agood answers.mashaAllah.turn to Allah make tauba..may Allah turn u a good muslim aameen
    | Likes Eric H, Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

being responsible for the pain and suffering of 100 billion+ humans that have ever existed, is no small responsibility. And to eat the one fruit that was forbidden
    Sahih Muslim 2652 c
    In-book reference : Book 46, Hadith 22
    Online English reference : Book 33, Hadith 6411

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger as saying:
    There was an argument between Adam and Moses (peace be upon both of them) in the presence of their Lord. Adam came the better of Moses. Moses said: Are you that Adam whom Allah created with His Hand and breathed into himHis sprit, and commanded angels to fall in prostration before him and He made you live in Paradise with comfort and ease. Then you caused the people to get down to the earth because of your lapse. Adam said: Are you that Moses whom Allah selected for His Messengership and for His conversation with him and conferred upon you the tablets, in which everything was clearly explained and granted you the audience in order to have confidential talk with you. What is your opinion, how long Torah would haye been written before I was created? Moses said: Forty years before. Adam said: Did you not see these words: Adam committed an error and he was enticed to (do so). He (Moses) said: Yes. Whereupon, he (Adam) said: Do you then blame me for an act which Allah had ordained for me forty years before He created me? Allah's Messenger said: This is how Adam came the better of Moses.
    | Likes MustafaMc liked this post
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you Muhammad and sur.

Peace
    chat Quote

dcalling's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think Jesus once said in a prayer that may God forgive our sins just like we forgive others.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

muslimah bird's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Also 35.18. And no soul, as bearer of burden, bears (and is made to bear) the burden of another; and if one weighed down by his burden calls to (another for help to) carry it, nothing of it will be carried by that other, even if he be his near of kin
    chat Quote

Ahmad H's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Adam and Eve were not responsible for any pain that the rest of humanity suffers. Just what causes you to conclude this? If it's the fact that they were thrown out of Paradise, then note that there is no agreement on what that "Jannat" means. It could mean the Jannat of the afterlife which they had, or a Jannat on earth they were thrown out of. It could be anything. It may not be either of those two things I mentioned, it could be something else entirely. Point is, no one is agreed.

And bear in mind, no one is responsible for the burden of sin someone else incurs. Adam and Even went through pain and suffering just as we do. The Holy Qur'an says: "Verily, We have created man in toil." (90:4, Mohsin Khan translation) I do not see how Adam and Eve were both exempt from this when they clearly had to ask Allah for forgiveness when they were deceived. Allah forgave them for what they did, by the way. In fact, Allah taught Adam (as) a du'a for asking Him forgiveness. And Allah did eventually forgive him. This is all in the Holy Qur'an.

So, if Allah forgave him for his trespass, then why shouldn't you? Allah knows more than you do about everything. If Adam (as) was ever responsible for the suffering of 100 billion+ people, then Allah would probably not have forgiven him and he would keep incurring sin for all the suffering each human being has. But this is not the case.

Also, do not get confused with Christian doctrine. I think you might be thinking of the original sin which Christians believe in. This is completely contrary to the teachings of Islam and it has no basis. Original sin is a false doctrine and there is nothing correct about it. Each human being born does not incur the sin of Adam and Eve, they were both forgiven in their lifetimes, and furthermore, every baby is born without sin - even a baby born from a prostitute. A baby born from a prostitute that dies still has funeral prayers said over it, because it is sinless the day it comes into the world until the baby grows into a young person who can distinguish right from wrong.

So, if we are already all made to toil and struggle, born without sin and Adam and Eve were forgiven by Allah - then I think all of these are arguments that clearly exonerate them of any misdeed of causing human suffering thousands of years later. How can someone be guilty of what others go through thousands of years later anyways? There is nothing they directly did which causes us pain and suffering now. Again, being thrown out of Jannat does not constitute any incurring of pain and suffering which would not have been there before.

If you are worried about what they did, and you blame them, then consider that this was all part of the Al-Qadar of Allah. In fact, to truly answer your question, which Musa (as) also once presented to Adam (as), the Holy Prophet (saw) reported what was exchanged between the two of them:

From Jami' At-Tirmidhi, Book of Al-Qadar, Hadith #2134:

Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet(S.A.W) said:
    "Adam and Musa argued, Musa said: "O Adam! You are the one that Allah created with His Hand, and blew into you of His Spirit, and you misled the people and caused them to be expelled from Paradise.' So Adam said: 'You are Musa, the one Allah selected with His Speech! Are you blaming me for something I did which Allah had decreed for me, before creating the heavens and the earth?'" He said: " So Adam confuted Musa." (Sahih)

So I think that should satisfy you. This Hadith teaches a good lesson on not blaming others for anything. For us Muslims, things don't just happen, they are Decreed by Allah. Everything is part of His Decree. Therefore, don't blame someone for what they did since His Decree determines all. And Allah can't be blamed for anything. Thus, what is there to get riled about? It was all meant to be.
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Amazing how some of us forget who our real brethren are and fall into the hands of satan who's sole aim is to make us stumble and fall into the pit.
    The original post indicates an apathy to the deeds of the devil who put out his foot to make him fall in the first place.

At least Allah offers us paradise for our striving, even if we are unable to actually achieve anything with our efforts.

Have you read verse 13 of chapter 22. الحج in the Holy Quran?

يَدعوا لَمَن ضَرُّهُ أَقرَبُ مِن نَفعِهِ ۚ لَبِئسَ المَولىٰ وَلَبِئسَ العَشيرُ

English-YusufAli translation

(Perhaps) they call on one whose hurt is nearer than his profit: evil, indeed, is the patron, and evil the companion (or help)!

Have you read verse 14 of chapter 22. in the Holy Quran?

إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُدخِلُ الَّذينَ ءامَنوا وَعَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ جَنّٰتٍ تَجرى مِن تَحتِهَا الأَنهٰرُ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفعَلُ ما يُريدُ

English-YusufAli translation

Verily Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens, beneath which rivers flow: for Allah carries out all that He plans.

2dvls74 1 - Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?

2vw9341 1 - Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alright so i was thinking a while ago.Everyone says heaven is supposed to be really beautiful. I heard somewhere that there was no night and winter in heaven, which kind of caught me off guard because i actually really like winter, snow cold weather and the night a lot (and Oreos) . So can heaven change based on what we like or what?
    How are we supposed to be absolutely sure that Islam is the correct religion.
    What is mythology to use was religious to someone else and im sure they actually believed that their religion was the correct one. So what makes Islam different then the thousand of religions throughout history?
    Im looking for an islamic opinions on this.

So i was wondering the other day. Why is life so unfair. I mean all the evil people control the world. Some village in Afghanistan/Pakistan is getting bombed by Taliban. People in Africa are starving, While the rich are living their lavish lifestyles. The royal family of Saudi Arabia, who i guess are supposed to be "muslims" are calling prostitutes, spending on stuff they dont even need, and even in a normal society, there are those that are privileged, and those that are not.

I grew up thinking God loved all humans equally, but that is not what i see in the world today.
    6 posts... 4 of which are like this... faker.

Scimi
    | Likes syed_z liked this post

15noje9 1 - Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is it wrong to hate Adam and Eve?