Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello everyone!

Report bad ads?

Salaam alaykum, brothers and sisters.

My name is Caroline, I'm an American girl of Turkish descent, so I look like an everyday Turk.
    I live in the United States, and am studying foreign languages at college.

In early 2013, I had my first experience with Islam when a friend of mine invited me to her mosque. I have to admit, I was at hesitant about going at first, because I knew almost nothing about Islam, but my friend talked me into going, so I went, and after the service had concluded, I had a completely positive view of the religion.
    I was surprised by how calm and spiritual the service was, and by how beautiful the readings of the Qu'ran in Arabic were. And the muslims there were so kind and understanding, the whole experience just made me more open to Islam.

After that experience, I contemplated about converting for a while, but didn't because I didn't know what I would be getting into. Eventually I didn't care about what others would think of me anymore, and I converted in the safety of my bedroom late one night.

Honestly, I feel like I've found my place in life, and as I said, I don't care what other people think of me, I plan on sticking with Islam all my adult life.

Thank you, everyone.
    | Likes Nur Student liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the forum.

Wonderful news on your new found faith. As a born muslim, I still have lots to learn and many things needing greater research. In this day and age, everyone seems to be an 'expert' in their own interpretation of things.

Remember that as muslims we are to serve Allah and strive for good in His way. Take it slowly and learn the basics first. If Allah wills it, you will find the journey a fulfilling one.

In the meantime feel free to browse the threads and ask questions or even start your own if you haven't found any that covers it.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And welcome to Islam sister. Feel free to ask anything. We are all here learning more about Islam and bettering ourselves as Muslims.

Enjoy your stay here
    Hello everyone!

Three simple rules in life:

1) If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it
    2) If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.
    3) If you do not step forward, you'll always be in the same place
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam alaykum

Welcome to forum and welcome to Islam, sister. Nice that you are here.
    Hello everyone!

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Nur Student's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum salam sister,

You are very welcome here. I am also from Turkey, living in the U.S. ( Hosgeldin! -> means 'welcome' in Turkish )
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Hello everyone! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello everyone!