× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 36 visibility 9355

Happiest moments :)

BilalKid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

What is the happiest thing ever ever to happen to your life? mine is when I was born, even though I can't remember it i am blessed to be here .
    | Likes Muslim Woman, Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Happiest moments :)

hmm that was ur mom's happiest moment

mine is the day I performed Hajj . Alhamdulillah
    | Likes greenhill, Scimitar liked this post

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Without intention to make a video, I always regard myself as Happy Muslim. It's because I realize that Allah has given me many things.

And when were my happiest moments?. When I could share my happiness and made the other happy.

| Likes Scimitar, LaSorcia, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My happiest moment is the day I discovered this is it ISLAM IS THE TRUTH. Even though I was born muslim back in the days Islam just felt like a culture not a religion. At age 14 I continued to research and at that moment I felt the true sweetness of Islam and emaan.

May Allah bless us all with his guidance, ameen.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've had happy moments and sad moments. There have been many of each. I don't think I can point out the happiest moment in my life.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

hmm that was ur mom's happiest moment

mine is the day I performed Hajj . Alhamdulillah
    pray I can perform hajj too
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamin View Post
    I've had happy moments and sad moments. There have been many of each. I don't think I can point out the happiest moment in my life.
    It can be one happy moment not just happiest
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mine was a looooong time ago..... when I completed my first public exams, the 'O' Levels back in 1983. I remember celebrating the ocassion by burning my notes and feeling very relieved that the pressure was no more and that I am proceeding upwards and onwards with my life.. (that was if I passed the exams, which I did! Alhamdulillah).

The next feeling of happiness (many years later) was when both my mother and mother in law went for their Hajj together! Wow!

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brothers, sisters, what you mean with "happy" in your post?.

I ask this question because English is not my first language, and there are two words in my language that translated into "Happy", but these two words have different meaning.

"Senang". This is happiness which we feel like when we graduate from school with high score, or could get something that we want.

"Bahagia". This is happiness which we feel something in our heart that make us want to cry because we are very grateful.

What I mean with "happy" in my previous post is happiness that called "bahagia" in my language.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    MuslimInshallah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Brothers, sisters, what you mean with "happy" in your post?.
    Assalaamu alaikum,

“Happiness” is a rather vague term. It actually refers to a lot of positive states. And different people will have differing ideas about what happiness really is.

You can have the elation of getting good grades, the joy of meeting an old friend, the contentment of a job well done, the peace of doing your best, and leaving the rest to Allah, the burst of wonder at one of the ayatAllah, the excitement of an anticipated treat, the comfort of a loved one's hug...

It's why trying to come up with the happiest moment in your life is rather hard...

I mean, there is that indescribable euphoria (after the unmedicated trials of childbirth) of holding your newborn...

There is the deep serenity of standing by an outside water tap on a perfect spring day with the bees humming industriously in the cherry tree next to you...

There's the lilting in your heart and body when you are first going to be with your beloved...

There's the sudden remembrance of the awesome power of the sea, when you see and hear and smell it after so many years away...

There is the delicious enjoyment of eating blackberries on a windy autumn day, straight from a seemingly endless sea of brambles around you...

There is the sudden beautiful nostalgia when you open a box from far away and smell something that transports you to the place it came from...

There is the sleepy laziness of a really good sleep after too many years of not enough...

There is the quiet solace of emptying your tears after damming them too long...

There is the delight of seeing your grandfather, waiting for you to come home and waving his handkerchief, across the gentle cow-filled fields...

There is the exhilaration of overcoming your terror of guns and shooting all your bullets in the target...

There is the upwelling of gratitude when a person is compassionate in a difficult time...

There is the vivifying extolling of Allah when you take a drink after a long day of fasting...

There is the relaxed satiation when you eat a long-awaited meal…

(smile) Happiness is in the Heart of the believer.
    Last edited by MuslimInshallah; 09-02-2014 at 05:59 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalaam O Alaikum...

My happiest moment was the 1st time I went to Madinah during my 1st Umrah and since then My happiest moment has always been my visit to the Blessed Madinah (twice again)....

Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammadin Wa Ala Alay Muhammaddin....
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you know, all I can think of right now, is this:

when I see children laughing - I am the happiest I can be. I feel sheer joy at their laughter and the light in their eyes,

may the light always shine, Ameen.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum,

“Happiness” is a rather vague term. It actually refers to a lot of positive states. And different people will have differing ideas about what happiness really is.

You can have the elation of getting good grades, the joy of meeting an old friend, the contentment of a job well done, the peace of doing your best, and leaving the rest to Allah, the burst of wonder at one of the ayatAllah, the excitement of an anticipated treat, the comfort of a loved one's hug...

It's why trying to come up with the happiest moment in your life is rather hard...

I mean, there is that indescribable euphoria (after the unmedicated trials of childbirth) of holding your newborn...

There is the deep serenity of standing by an outside water tap on a perfect spring day with the bees humming industriously in the cherry tree next to you...

There's the lilting in your heart and body when you are first going to be with your beloved...

There's the sudden remembrance of the awesome power of the sea, when you see and hear and smell it after so many years away...

There is the delicious enjoyment of eating blackberries on a windy autumn day, straight from a seemingly endless sea of brambles around you...

There is the sudden beautiful nostalgia when you open a box from far away and smell something that transports you to the place it came from...

There is the sleepy laziness of a really good sleep after too many years of not enough...

There is the quiet solace of emptying your tears after damming them too long...

There is the delight of seeing your grandfather, waiting for you to come home and waving his handkerchief, across the gentle cow-filled fields...

There is the exhilaration of overcoming your terror of guns and shooting all your bullets in the target...

There is the upwelling of gratitude when a person is compassionate in a difficult time...

There is the vivifying extolling of Allah when you take a drink after a long day of fasting...

There is the relaxed satiation when you eat a long-awaited meal…

(smile) Happiness is in the Heart of the believer.
    WOW!!! you're a poet at heart ! Masha-Allah
    | Likes syed_z, greenhill liked this post

15noje9 1 - Happiest moments :)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z View Post
    My happiest moment was the 1st time I went to Madinah during my 1st Umrah and since then My happiest moment has always been my visit to the Blessed Madinah (twice again)....
    Wow!

This brings me to ponder on our br. Ardianto's comment.... what do you mean happy?

I posted above on my happy moments and reading this post reminded me of my visit there some 17 years ago... it was the most fulfilling time of my life. Not necessarily the happiest but it made me really consider going nowhere else for a holiday but to keep going back.... alas never made it back.

It was upon arriving there and staying for hours in the Masjid reciting all the verses that I knew by heart (around 4 at the time) that I vowed when I returned back home I was going to learn to read the Quran. That way, should I ever find myself again in either Mecca or Medina, I would be able to while away my time reciting...

Peace
    | Likes syed_z liked this post

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    ...that I vowed when I returned back home I was going to learn to read the Quran.
    I have to clarify this further..

Although I have read the Quran in Malay and English several times on my own, I did take up Quran reading classes immediately after coming back from the umrah. After a year and several chapters later, when I was able to read well enough, things conspired and I eventually stopped going...

Many years later I reflected back on this and thought to myself, why did I not really make an effort to finish reading it? It occurred to me that when I was in Mecca (or was it Medina?), in my frustration, I vowed to learn to read... not to finish... hence I got my wish - to be able to read, and not finish! It kinds of reinforces to me the belief to be careful what you wish for. It must be exactly what you want. I am glad that I remember my intentions in order to see what went wrong...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    what do you mean happy?

I posted above on my happy moments and reading this post reminded me of my visit there some 17 years ago... it was the most fulfilling time of my life. Not necessarily the happiest but it made me really consider going nowhere else for a holiday but to keep going back.... alas never made it back.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.... May be I should say my best Spiritual Moments were at Madinah every time I have visited the place...

by the way recite a lot of Durood and Salaam on the Blessed Prophet (saw) and InshA'Allah you'll visit again.
    | Likes greenhill liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

May Allah Most High bless you all with more Happy Moments dear brothers and sisters

My happiest moments are when I see those close to me Happy (Parents,Wife,brothers,Sisters etc) especially if I contributed to that happiness so it's many
    Last edited by InToTheRain; 09-03-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - Happiest moments :)
    chat Quote

drac16's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's tough for me to remember just one. The happiest time that I can recall at the moment is when my cousin got married, roughly four years ago. He [my cousin] was like an older brother to me; in fact, my most cherrished memories as a child involved my cousin in some way. He and his wife just welcomed a baby into the world and I'm very happy for them. Mashallah!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by drac16 View Post

It's tough for me to remember just one. The happiest time that I can recall at the moment is when my cousin got married, roughly four years ago. He [my cousin] was like an older brother to me; in fact, my most cherrished memories as a child involved my cousin in some way. He and his wife just welcomed a baby into the world and I'm very happy for them. Mashallah!
    Mashallah very delighted to hear that, I remember some of my family marriages too such happy moments
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

SO I read the responses here, and realised that a happy moment can also be complicated one. I went for Umrah in Ramadhan 2006, it was special. But one memory I never talk about to anyone, I will share with you now.

When I first entered masjid al haram in that trip, I kept my eyes to the floor, until I came into the inner sanctuary where the kaaba is only a stones throw away - and that is when I lifted my head to see the kaaba.

I had never experienced a flood of thoughts, all converging and layering over one another like I did when I first laid my eyes on the kaaba. So many thoughts. Most to do with guilt, at the sins i had committed in previous years, I was a very very BIG sinner. And I felt like I didn't deserve to be there - but inside my head there were so many other thoughts also. Such as "this is the house my father Adam As, and his son Abraham AS built with his son Ishmael AS, and his son, Muhammad SAWS built - this is REAL HISTORY, and I am looking at it" and "This is the first house of worship for mankind" and "How can I be here now?" and "Is this really happening?" and so many others, all looping back to the guilt that I felt, I felt unworthy and fell to my knees. Everything blurred and I realised I was in tears. I couldn't sort out the mixed emotions. I was delighted that I had made it there - that I was looking at the kaaba, and yet, felt guilty for my past - and the emotions were too much. I had turned up at the house of Allah, as a sinner. My adrenaline was kicking. Shaking, I made my way to do tawaaf, LABBAIK, LABBAIK, ALLAHUMMA LABBAIK, LA SHAREEKALAKA LABBAIK... and I was thinking "I am here, I'm here Allah, how have you bought me here Allah?" I was a complete nervous wreck - even now I can't really pinpoint my exact thoughts of that moment... it was too much, but in the midst of it, I remembered my mothers words "if you see the kaaba, know that it is because Allah willed it" and that is when it hit me like a ton of iron to the chest - this was a personal invite from Allah. I had felt so distanced from him due to my own guilt, but right then - I felt HIS mercy in that one realisation alone, that HE had invited me - that this was a part of my predestination. My uncles words came back to me - which he had quoted from some one, and words which I now use myself to console others who feel as I once did - "just as every saint has a past - every sinner has a future"...

... happy or not, it is one moment that changed my life - because I had learnt at that time, that I had to forgive myself, and learn to live properly - I made a dua then. I asked Allah, "make me a poor man, wretched, bereft of the worldly gains this planet has to offer - if it means I can dwell in paradise with my beloved, the prophet Muhammad pbuh".

And you know what? Since that day, I have experienced being a poor man, wearing shoes that have holes in them, still wearing the same ones after 3 years, I have been skint (no money) to even buy myself something to wear on Eid, I have been mocked, pointed at, scorned, felt sorry for, rejected, distanced, marginalised, you name it - but it didn't matter anymore... with each passing day, I see that my dua is fruiting.

I have my own business, but I make no money and barely turn it over. But it doesn't matter. I have Allah - and I have hope for the day of judgement to be judged with mercy so I attain heaven without punishment!

And in that one moment, looking at the kaaba - I had no idea how my life would change - but change, it did.

My only regret, is not tearing up my passport and living in the holy city as an illegal immigrant.

Not sure if this is what you'd call "happy", but as someone above said, happy is such a vague word - in my misery, I experience joy. And no one can take that away from me - because I have nothing they could possibly want.

Allah has given me the only things I asked for when it came to things I wanted for myself - poverty and disgrace in this life, and in sha Allah heaven in the next.

Scimi
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Happiest moments :) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Happiest moments :)