× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 5934

The Ar-Rum prophecy, was it accurate?

Snow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Ar-Rum prophecy, was it accurate?

Report bad ads?

I am awful in arabic and I am wondering about the translation of the surah.
    Some translations say that the Persians would be won within 3 to 9 years and some say it was within a few years.
    Some seem to argue that the Romans defeated the Persians some 14 or so years after the surah was revealed.

Edit: I tried to post an image of the arabic text but I am a limited member, so that was denied.

Just wondering if the prophecy was accurate within the original texts time limit.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Saja's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Ar-Rum prophecy, was it accurate?

You could write the number of the ayah and we will look it in our “Arabic” Quran xD or do you mean the entire Surah?
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Saja View Post
    You could write the number of the ayah and we will look it in our “Arabic” Quran xD or do you mean the entire Surah?
    Ar-Ruum: 3 (from Ar-Ruum: 2-5)
    chat Quote

Saja's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh you mean the 5 first verses of the surah.
    I looked for it in Arabic and I found the same thing you found, that this prophecy “that the Ruum will win once again” happened after the verse was given to the prophet (SAW) in a few years (3 to 9 years). All the explanations seem to agree about this.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Snow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Saja View Post
    Oh you mean the 5 first verses of the surah.
    I looked for it in Arabic and I found the same thing you found, that this prophecy “that the Ruum will win once again” happened after the verse was given to the prophet (SAW) in a few years (3 to 9 years). All the explanations seem to agree about this.
    If my information is right, the surah was revealed in 614 and the victory in the battle of Issus was not final until 628. So it took 14 years to be fulfilled.
    Is the translation wrong or what?
    chat Quote

OmAbdullah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If my information is right, the surah was revealed in 614 and the victory in the battle of Issus was not final until 628. So it took 14 years to be fulfilled.
    Is the translation wrong or what?
    The translation and tafseer of surah Al Room in the Meaning of Quraan ( Tafheem ul Quraan in Urdu ) explains that the surah Al Room was revealed in 615 and this is proved from history because historically faras (Persians) had conquered the Roman places of Jordan, Sham and Palestine in the same year i.e. 615. Again history proves that 624 was the year when two things happened: 1. The Roman emperor conquered Iran ( Faras ) and destroyed the principal fire-temple of Iran. 2. The Muslims in Madinah won the battle of Badar. So the Muslims were doubly pleased. The time period between 615 and 624 is about 9 years which is within the definition of " bidh'i sineen". In these first five verses of the surah Al Room we find three prophesies all of which were proved true. One was the defeat of the Rome from Iranians, second was the defeat of Iran from Romans in 3 --9 years, third thing was that Allah had informed the Muslims that on that day They shall be very happy on the Help of Allah. That Help had come to them in the battle of Badar. Please see the explanation of these five verses of Surah Al Room in the Meaning of Quraan Vol. 3, by S. ABUL A'LA MAUDUDI.
    | Likes Taha110, Snow, greenhill liked this post
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! The Ar-Rum prophecy, was it accurate? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Ar-Rum prophecy, was it accurate?