× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 56 visibility 8495

They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

One of many things that make me grateful is, I grew up among good people who taught me something that very important, empathy. This is why I never want to insult anyone because I can feel what someone feels if he is being insulted.

This is why I never want to insult other religions. Because I don't want people from other religions feel the pain that I feel when my religion being insulted, when my prophet being insulted.

I don't want to cause pain in their hearts. I just want to pray, may Allah raise empathy in the hearts of the people. So, they will learn to respect each other belief.

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion

That is very important thing what we all people should learn. :thankyou:
    | Likes Zafran, ardianto, MuslimInshallah liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

I agree this very important to respect people in general simply because they are bani Adam. It also important not to go all crazy on people because there beliefs and practices are alien to us, simply because we don't know their circumstances.

peace
    | Likes sister herb, ardianto, MuslimInshallah liked this post

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One thing that makes me happy is having friends. Alhamdulillah, I have many friends, and my friends are not only Muslims, but non-Muslims too. I also have met and acquainted with few people from other nations. They are very kind and friendly.

Meet, interact, and be friend with people from other nations is my dream.

Few years ago when I started to use internet I felt I have found the way to make my dream come true without leave my home. So I started to join in discussion in internet, but immediately I found something that shocking me, Islamophobia.

I've ever joined in a cultural forum. I hoped I could discuss about culture and tradition, but there were people who used that forum to insult Islam. I went to other sites, but again, I found there are many insult toward Islam. And even sometime I am insulted too just because I am Muslim.

Meet, interact, and be friend with people from other nations is my dream. But now I am even not dare to say that I am from Indonesia since people know that Indonesia is a country that has largest number of Muslims.

Islamophobia. Yes, I really feel it, and I am so sad. I just want to be friend with them, but why they see me as their enemy?.

6. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No they may NOT insult Islam, I am not sure who is telling you what bro, but you need to stop getting your fatwas from muftis who grew in the shade of the crusades.
    Time for this nonsense is over.. also Islam isn't about making friends and coming across as pretty.
    That's Allah's religion for the world and his law, he didn't make it compulsory but if you adhere to it best learn its tenants not our whims of what we think Islam is?
    What the hell happened to this forum?
    It is a cesspool for shiites, sufis, net trolls and people who are so entrenched in political correctness whatever in hell that is for this week that they forget that we're to submit to Allah not our whims!
    Hud [11:112] audio icon 2 - They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion
    فَاسْتَقِمْ كَمَا أُمِرْتَ وَمَن تَابَ مَعَكَ وَلاَ تَطْغَوْاْ إِنَّهُ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ بَصِيرٌ
    Faistaqim kama omirta waman taba maAAaka wala tatghaw innahu bima taAAmaloona baseerun
    11:112 Therefore stand firm (in the straight Path) as thou art commanded,- thou and those who with thee turn (unto Allah.; and transgress not (from the Path): for He seeth well all that ye do.

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion

keiv's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm at the point in my life where I don't even care about making friends with people. I just want to stick to my deen and my family. I came to this mindset pretty much after high school, 2002-2003. The older I get, the less I want to be around other people and the less I care what they think of me or my beliefs and I'm actually thankful for this because I see people around me put trust in other people who spit on them (figuratively), backstab them, speaks badly about them, ect.. Even after knowing this, these same people still put their trust in them. I feel bad because these are family members that I care about and no matter what I or anyone else says to them, they're too weak to let go.

Don't get me wrong, I won't go out there and start mocking and ridiculing people for the sake of passing time, but the moment I get into a discussion with some anti theist or missionary, I won't usually hold back. I'll never understand how people get into discussions where one person is insulting the other yet the other person will be quick to say they respect their opinion..
    | Likes جوري, BeTheChange, Abdullahh liked this post

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Except he said they may insult and I've indeed a problem with that and I've problems with muslims who think that's ok!

If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by جوري View Post
    Except he said they may insult and I've indeed a problem with that and I've problems with muslims who think that's ok!
    Salaam

Many people insulted Islam throughout history, later they became Muslims.Look at Umar ibn Khattab (ra) for example. Enemies can easily become friends and even fellow Muslims. Being harsh on them just drives them away even more.

peace
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, BeTheChange liked this post

They merely:

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Umar IBn ilkhtab never insulted Islam Id urge and challenge you to quote his passage of insults toward the prophet or Islam. You confuse political dissent and adversarial relationships for the disgusting behavior of buffoons who by the way were sentenced to death for similar crimes just so long as Judaism not Islam was at stake - check out what happened to the cartoonist Julius streicher - and by the way do we need more muslims? Is it a collection We are after?
    you should in fact check the punishment of those who insult from proper sources not through some modern muftis like Kerri and Obama!
    Last edited by جوري; 03-04-2015 at 03:37 AM.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Umar IBn ilkhtab never insulted Islam Id urge and challenge you to quote his passage of insults toward the prophet or Islam. You confuse political dissent and adversarial relationships for the disgusting behavior of buffoons who by the way were sentenced to death for similar crimes just so long as Judaism not Islam was at stake - check out what happened to the cartoonist Julius streicher - and by the way do we need more muslims? Is it a collection We are after?
    you should in fact check the punishment of those who insult from proper sources not through some modern muftis like Kerri and Obama!
    Salaam

Umar Ibn RA just tried to kill the prophet and wacked his sister for reading the quran no biggie...... But when he accepted Islam nobody said that you cant be a Muslim, He certainly wasnt put to death. Its not about what we need - its about bringing people to God. Thats much more important then this us vs them mentality.

peace
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, Muslim Woman liked this post

They merely:

naba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allah in ch 6 v 108 of Quran forbids abusing other religions because in ignorance their followers will curse Allah.
    | Likes ardianto liked this post

MuslimInshallah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by naba View Post
    Allah in ch 6 v 108 of Quran forbids abusing other religions because in ignorance their followers will curse Allah.
    Assalaamu alaikum,

Qur'an 6:108

Mohsin Khan: And insult not those whom they (disbelievers) worship besides Allah, lest they insult Allah wrongfully without knowledge. Thus We have made fair*seeming to each people its own doings; then to their Lord is their return and He shall then inform them of all that they used to do.

May Allah, the Wise, be our Guide.
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

Our finitude is our distance from Him. His infinitude is His closeness to us. Abdal-Hakim Murad @Contentions

Lavitz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and wacked his sister for reading the quran no biggie
    Even though this is a very famous story, there have been scholars who have pointed out that this narration is actually weak.

Wallahu a'alam.
    | Likes جوري liked this post

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran View Post
    Salaam

Umar Ibn RA just tried to kill the prophet and wacked his sister for reading the quran no biggie...... But when he accepted Islam nobody said that you cant be a Muslim, He certainly wasnt put to death. Its not about what we need - its about bringing people to God. Thats much more important then this us vs them mentality.

peace
    as I stated trying to kill, dissent, isn't akin to insult.
    Arabs were known for chivalry and good manners. Even Abu jahl when he gathered his men to kill the prophet and upon being at his gates said, let's come back in the morning I don't want the Arabs to say that I horrified the women during the night!
    Heres the prescribed punishment for insulting!

http://www.dorar.net/enc/aqadia/3589
    think it should be a general rule that when speaking about matters Islam we should do so with evidence from Quran and sunnah not innovate- not necessarily addressing you with this comment but the OP
    notice the verse from the Quran says don't insult their religion, not they can insult your religion and rather clear that it says so they don't insult yours - it's indeed a grievous thing what's more grievous is that kaffirs managed to remove the gheera from our hearts.
    And no bringing people to God isn't the goal- rather saving ones own soul in true submission is!
    ﴿ يَاأَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا عَلَيْكُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ لَا يَضُرُّكُمْ مَنْ ضَلَّ إِذَا اهْتَدَيْتُمْ إِلَى اللَّهِ مَرْجِعُكُمْ جَمِيعًا فَيُنَبِّئُكُمْ بِمَا كُنتُمْ تَعْمَلُونَ(105) ﴾

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No they may NOT insult Islam, I am not sure who is telling you what bro, but you need to stop getting your fatwas from muftis who grew in the shade of the crusades.
    Time for this nonsense is over.. also Islam isn't about making friends and coming across as pretty.
    That's Allah's religion for the world and his law, he didn't make it compulsory but if you adhere to it best learn its tenants not our whims of what we think Islam is?
    I do not permit people insult Islam, but I cannot prevent people insult Islam. This is what I mean with "they may". Yes, English is not my daily language.

But like I've said, I will not insult other religion because I don't want to hurt other people's feeling. Every religion has extremists, but every religion also has good tolerant people. I have met good tolerant people from other religions. I very appreciate their respect to other religions. So, is it wrong if I respect them too?.

Islam is not about making friend. But Islam recognize muamalah which based on human to human relationship, and friendship is included in muamalah. There is no prohibition to do muamalah with non-Muslims. Prohibition is only in ibadah matter like worship together.
    | Likes sister herb, AmericanMuslim liked this post

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by naba View Post
    I've ever watched video about Hindu sadhu, and I found a Muslim made long comment which insult Hindu's gods/goddess. Two Hindus tried to remind him in good manner that insult other religion is not a good attitude. But instead of listen to this reminder, he made another long comment which insult Hinduism. And finally another Hindu replied it with insult Islam.

Frankly, I blame this Muslim in this case. Before he made these comments, there was no any comment that insult Islam. It's like described in Qur'an surah 6 ayah 108.

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    I do not permit people insult Islam, but I cannot prevent people insult Islam. This is what I mean with "they may". Yes, English is not my daily language.

But like I've said, I will not insult other religion because I don't want to hurt other people's feeling. Every religion has extremists, but every religion also has good tolerant people. I have met good tolerant people from other religions. I very appreciate their respect to other religions. So, is it wrong if I respect them too?.

Islam is not about making friend. But Islam recognize muamalah which based on human to human relationship, and friendship is included in muamalah. There is no prohibition to do muamalah with non-Muslims. Prohibition is only in ibadah matter like worship together.
    Hadith: The prophet (saw) said ‘whenever you see an evil act stop it with your hands, and if you are not able to do that then speak out with your tongue and if you are not able to do that hate it in your heart and that is the lowest form of iman.’ (Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim

nowhere did I suggest to you to insult them when Allah already forbade you from doing so.
    i am commenting on thread title and this lackadaisical attitude toward how others treat us or view.
    Only you wherever you go are responsible to change what's wrong.
    Everyone else does they've anti everything laws apparently save to insult Islam and the prophet.
    Sobhan Allah
    i don't need a sermon on modern day attitudes of what's fine with kaffirs.
    only we define what's ok and not ok for us the same way others define it for themselves be they homos or jews or whatever?
    whats wrong with you guys?

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am not a man who just silent when someone does injustice toward the other. But I do not follow principle "an eye for an eye". So, if someone beat my son, I might beat him too. But I would not beat his son.

I don't want people from other religions insult Islam. But if that is happen, I would not make revenge through insulting their religion. Every religion commands its believers to do good deeds and avoid bad deeds. So, if a believer of one religion do bad deed like insulting other religions, it's not because his religion command him like this, but it's because he does not follow the command of his religion.

I feel concerned with bad habit among religious people which they insult each other. And what make me more concerned is, Muslims are involved in this bad habit too. Even Muslims now are the second worst in this matter. Yes, just the second worst because the worst in this matter are Protestant Christians.

But I believe that Christianity does not encourage its believers to insult other religions. I believe it because I have met many tolerant people from Protestant Christian.

My purpose to make this thread is to remind people to stop insulting other religions. And as Muslims we must able to prevent ourselves to insult other religions, even if people from other religions insult Islam.

It's better if we do good deeds toward the others. In Shaa Allah, it can open the eyes of other people that Islam is not bad as their assumption. In Shaa Allah, then they will realize the beauty of Islam.

| Likes sister herb, MuslimInshallah liked this post

brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    But I do not follow principle "an eye for an eye".
    well that is a principle that is in the Quran and Torah before it:
    Al-Ma'idah [5:45] audio icon 3 - They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion
    وَكَتَبْنَا عَلَيْهِمْ فِيهَا أَنَّ النَّفْسَ بِالنَّفْسِ وَالْعَيْنَ بِالْعَيْنِ وَالأَنفَ بِالأَنفِ وَالأُذُنَ بِالأُذُنِ وَالسِّنَّ بِالسِّنِّ وَالْجُرُوحَ قِصَاصٌ فَمَن تَصَدَّقَ بِهِ فَهُوَ كَفَّارَةٌ لَّهُ وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أنزَلَ اللّهُ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ
    Wakatabna AAalayhim feeha anna alnnafsa bialnnafsi waalAAayna bialAAayni waalanfa bialanfi waalothuna bialothuni waalssinna bialssinni waaljurooha qisasun faman tasaddaqa bihi fahuwa kaffaratun lahu waman lam yahkum bima anzala Allahu faolaika humu alththalimoona
    5:45 We ordained therein for them: "Life for life, eye for eye, nose or nose, ear for ear, tooth for tooth, and wounds equal for equal." But if any one remits the retaliation by way of charity, it is an act of atonement for himself. And if any fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (No better than) wrong-doers.

I am sorry you and many others forgo the laws that Allah ordained bro. for something else!

24. Report bad ads?
    Abdullahh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Deep thread.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. They may insult Islam. But I will never insult their religion