× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Do you have a vision?

Voters
10. Login to vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 90.00%
  • No

1 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 21 visibility 4247

What is your vision?

syed1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question What is your vision?

Report bad ads?

Have you ever reflected over yourself? Have you ever sat down and thought, "what is it that I really want do to?". What is it that I want to achieve or become?

Recently, I have been going through some internal conflicts with myself as I am unsure (and I am sure I am not alone) about where I want to go in life, what I want to devote my time to.

A little background on me. I'm 23, completed undergrad in business, working directly in my field. Although I don't mind the work, I keep thinking that there is a bigger purpose for me, that I need to embark on something far greater, I need to think bigger and widen my imagination.

I've been reading lots of self help books, for example, "tapping the iceberg" by Tim Cork is quite good and I must say the books do offer some real ways to help you get to where you want to go..

One of the things it mentions is to have a vision, where you see your self, what is the ideal state or circumstance. I try an think about my vision but I always feel it is clouded or influenced by things and that it is not actually my real vision.

I guess I'm just here to hear from you guys, what are you visions, how do you know that this is really what you want to do or achieve. Where do you find the passion or how do you know what you are passionate about?

I honestly feel like I have no passions..I want to be involved in charity in one form or another, I'm passionate about helping?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What is your vision?

format_quote Originally Posted by syed1 View Post
    I honestly feel like I have no passions..I want to be involved in charity in one form or another, I'm passionate about helping?
    Maybe you could find and get involved with some Islamic charities, that are Islamic counterparts of charities like Mercy Ships, that help and heal some of the least able and most broken among us:
    youtube.com/watch?v=TfjYeQzCwzU
    | Likes BeTheChange, MuslimInshallah, Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

Abdullahh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My vision is to get married and have kids, and to have enough money to support my family forever and a modest home with enough left over to help the less fortunate people. When I was a kid I wanted to be famous, a movie star or a rock star, but that's not important in life. What is important is religion, morals, family, and happiness (in my opinion).
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As a kid, I've always wanted to be the 'provider'. To be able to help people. As I grew older I realised that we needed money. Then it shifted to business. But the charitable aspect of being the 'provider' never really extinguished only fine tuned into the concept of not giving the fish, but teaching them to fish. I also realise that I have limits, so it depends on the the person if he wants to learn.

I had several visions. Could not really develop a single, all round "mantra".

As a student, I wanted a Degree. That was my end vision. Along the journey, I wanted to be part of teams. If possible, win some medals. To be a kick ass martial arts exponent..(didn't get anywhere near).. musician especially the guitar. Although cooking was something I know to be very useful, heck we eat everyday, but food was not my interest.

As my university years came to an end, I set about next sets of visions, to have a job, to own a car, a place of my own, and a recreational club membership. Then look towards getting married. All that had to happen by the time I'm 30 at latest.

Luckily for me, that panned out. Nothing has panned out since. All my plans and vision get derailed. I guess that's what is called married life and family. It was a lot easier when single.

| Likes BeTheChange, MuslimInshallah, TMGuide, Eric H liked this post
    What is your vision?

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I reflect and think about my past, present and future all the time. I think about the mistakes that i have made. I like to think i have learnt from my mistakes. I like to think i am improving my character and focusing on strengthening my relationship with Allah swa & people in general.

My long term vision is to obviously please Allah swa and gain entry to jannah.

I do also think about investing my time and money in society and the ummah in general.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of being born to do something greater than my current status in life. I always feel there's something more in me that i haven't discovered. I also wish i had a guardian angel making all the important decisions for me in life because this is something i do struggle with. I try and think about the problem and then think about the solutions and then really think which option will please Allah swa and go with the option which i SHOULD be doing...

I think the questions who am i, what am i here for and what do i want to do is very normal and i think it is very hard to answer these questions. The answers lies in Islam i believe. We were born to worship Allah swa.

I have noticed that the older i get the more i accept me, the more i admit my mistakes and accept the truth. Also, another important change in me is before i never used to address issues when people used to inflict harm on either myself or others around me and now i do...
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, Eric H liked this post
    What is your vision?

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

فصيح الياسين's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My vision is to get allah only. So i get every single thing. Pray for me
    What is your vision?

قال النبي محمد صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم:*الـحياءُ شُعْبَةٌ مِنَ الاِيِمَانِ*
    و قال ايضا:*الحياء لاياتى الا بخير
    و قال ايضا:*اذا لم تستحي،فاصنع ما شئت*
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have had many visions during my life and I have to say that those ones I have made a lot of work have came true.

Now I have new one - to become a nurse for elderly care. Last years I have made work to make it true like working and training in the social service and for elderly caring centers.

Please pray that I will finally can start studing for it soon. If it is the will of Allah, I will be a kind nurse.
    What is your vision?

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Johnathan View Post
    Maybe you could find and get involved with some Islamic charities, that are Islamic counterparts of charities like Mercy Ships, that help and heal some of the least able and most broken among us:
    youtube.com/watch?v=TfjYeQzCwzU
    I definitely want to get involved. I'm thinking of getting involved in making education accessible for the less fortuanate in third world countries, starting with my home country, Pakistan.. what do you think?

Also the video does not work for me here in Canada... what's it about?
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by American Muslim View Post
    My vision is to get married and have kids, and to have enough money to support my family forever and a modest home with enough left over to help the less fortunate people. When I was a kid I wanted to be famous, a movie star or a rock star, but that's not important in life. What is important is religion, morals, family, and happiness (in my opinion).
    i believe you have mistaken your vision for your goals. Vision is your endstate, the ultimate goal (in this world) where do you want to be, what you want to have achieved.. what you described are mere goals that will help you to get to your vision but what is the vision.
    | Likes ardianto liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    As a kid, I've always wanted to be the 'provider'. To be able to help people. As I grew older I realised that we needed money. Then it shifted to business. But the charitable aspect of being the 'provider' never really extinguished only fine tuned into the concept of not giving the fish, but teaching them to fish. I also realise that I have limits, so it depends on the the person if he wants to learn.

I had several visions. Could not really develop a single, all round "mantra".

As a student, I wanted a Degree. That was my end vision. Along the journey, I wanted to be part of teams. If possible, win some medals. To be a kick ass martial arts exponent..(didn't get anywhere near).. musician especially the guitar. Although cooking was something I know to be very useful, heck we eat everyday, but food was not my interest.

As my university years came to an end, I set about next sets of visions, to have a job, to own a car, a place of my own, and a recreational club membership. Then look towards getting married. All that had to happen by the time I'm 30 at latest.

Luckily for me, that panned out. Nothing has panned out since. All my plans and vision get derailed. I guess that's what is called married life and family. It was a lot easier when single.

\
    I feel for you and I fear the same for my self for I am getting older and close to the age of marriage..I need to figure out my vision soon so before I get caught up with life I can at least begin to pave the path to fulfilling my vision.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I have had many visions during my life and I have to say that those ones I have made a lot of work have came true.

Now I have new one - to become a nurse for elderly care. Last years I have made work to make it true like working and training in the social service and for elderly caring centers.

Please pray that I will finally can start studing for it soon. If it is the will of Allah, I will be a kind nurse.
    That is a great goal Sister, and InshAllah you achieve it but your vision is something greater..
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Protected Soul View Post
    I reflect and think about my past, present and future all the time. I think about the mistakes that i have made. I like to think i have learnt from my mistakes. I like to think i am improving my character and focusing on strengthening my relationship with Allah swa & people in general.

My long term vision is to obviously please Allah swa and gain entry to jannah.

I do also think about investing my time and money in society and the ummah in general.

I can definitely relate to the feeling of being born to do something greater than my current status in life. I always feel there's something more in me that i haven't discovered. I also wish i had a guardian angel making all the important decisions for me in life because this is something i do struggle with. I try and think about the problem and then think about the solutions and then really think which option will please Allah swa and go with the option which i SHOULD be doing...

I think the questions who am i, what am i here for and what do i want to do is very normal and i think it is very hard to answer these questions. The answers lies in Islam i believe. We were born to worship Allah swa.

I have noticed that the older i get the more i accept me, the more i admit my mistakes and accept the truth. Also, another important change in me is before i never used to address issues when people used to inflict harm on either myself or others around me and now i do...

Looks like we are in the same boat, I agree that the ultimate reason we are here is to worship God etc. but I also feel we have a purpose on this earth to make a difference and that thing could also be in some way a form of worship...
    | Likes MuslimInshallah liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I definitely want to get involved. I'm thinking of getting involved in making education accessible for the less fortuanate in third world countries, starting with my home country, Pakistan.. what do you think?

It is a hospital ship that normally travels the coast of Africa (other places when there are national emergencies and such), repairing cleft palates in children, performing thousands of cataract eye operations in elderly, removing giant growths and tumors, and fixing all other manner of maladies and deformities in people who do not otherwise have access to heath care. Copy and paste the link to their website for more:
    mercyships.org/surgeries-care/lasting-impact/

For helping with education in third world countries, maybe there is an Islamic counterpart to something more like Compassion International that you could get involved in:
    http://www.compassion.com/ldp.htm
    Last edited by Johnathan; 03-07-2015 at 11:08 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a better web page for explaining what the folks on Mercy Ships do:
    http://www.mercyships.org/surgeries-care/the-solution/
    Last edited by Johnathan; 03-07-2015 at 11:43 AM.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My vision?. Hmm ..... I already in mission to realize my vision which I had when I was young, become a person who can give benefit to the others, help other people to have better life. Alhamdulillah, although currently just few, I can give job to job seekers who now work in my small business. I hope I can have bigger company and employ more people. In Shaa Allah, I will give regular help to orphans who need study fund. This is one of few mission to realize my vision.
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

AmericanMuslim's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I have a couple of visions. But my major one is to help Muslim Converts. I know of a lot of converts who feel unwelcome within their Muslim community, or they don't know who to turn to for help, so I want to help as much as I can, Inshallah. There are multiple roads I can go down for this, but my idea for now is to open up a Masjid. And I am interested in maybe becoming a female Imam. I am playing around with ideas and such for now. May Allah help everyone achieve their visions, and be happy. Ameen.
    | Likes TMGuide, Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AmericanMuslim View Post
    I have a couple of visions. But my major one is to help Muslim Converts. I know of a lot of converts who feel unwelcome within their Muslim community, or they don't know who to turn to for help, so I want to help as much as I can, Inshallah. There are multiple roads I can go down for this, but my idea for now is to open up a Masjid. And I am interested in maybe becoming a female Imam. I am playing around with ideas and such for now. May Allah help everyone achieve their visions, and be happy. Ameen.
    That's a very thoughtful vision. Everyone mostly has visions to do with helping people which I find really nice . Maybe you can do something like iEra which brother Abdur Raheem Green founded. He embraced Islam 20 years ago. iEra has dawah stations all over the globe, and it's doing really well in educating people about Islam .
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To see a world where everyone realizes the need to run the planet according to the guidance of it's Creator and Sustainer, where racism, nationalism and division based on tribal allegiance and man made laws at variance with the laws themselves are discarded and we all unite upon the truth, and live in harmony with our Creator which is fitrah and ultimate peace, where we all turn to the book of Allah when we have a dispute and continue to progress materially, physically and spiritually until we meet our Creator, then most of us are saved from hell and granted paradise.
    The win win situation.

Last edited by Abz2000; 11-06-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    What is your vision?

2dvls74 1 - What is your vision?

2vw9341 1 - What is your vision?

chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

\
    I feel for you and I fear the same for my self for I am getting older and close to the age of marriage..I need to figure out my vision soon so before I get caught up with life I can at least begin to pave the path to fulfilling my vision.
    If I could change anything, it would be nothing except making those silly mistakes with heavy consequences.

As a result, my kids are growing up and I still have some youth remaining in me.. they would be working before I retire.

So what if my vision is not realised. It's not my definitive thing. It just a thought out ideas process so as to not waste precious time. Before you know it, you're already passed the sell date and still have nothing to show for it.

What is your vision?

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother Syed1 I think you are mistaking having a vision for having a calling.

"let yourself be sliently drawn by the pull of that which you really love" - Jalauddin Rumi.

My advice - nurture that calling.

Scimi
    | Likes greenhill, AhmedGassama, Eric H liked this post
    What is your vision?

15noje9 1 - What is your vision?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! What is your vision? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What is your vision?