× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 45 visibility 6047

Main cause of the failure of Muslims

OmAbdullah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Main Cause of the failure of Muslims.

Muslims that are struggling hard for the Cause of Allah are failing again and again! Although they succeed, at some occasion, with the Help of Allah, but again they become weak due to lack of Allah’s Help. I think that the main cause of their failure is that they make pictures and videos. It is sad to see that the Muslims of the present era love camera and pictures and frequently make and spread videos. Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم strictly prohibited making of pictures. So by making pictures and videos they disobey Allah and Allah’s Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم . As a result they deprive themselves from the Help of Allah!!!

If they abstain from making pictures and videos then I hope that Allah’s Help will come to the practicing and striving Muslims insha-Allah. Allah’s Promises are very true. Allahسبحانه و تعالى said in surah Al Fatah verses 22 and 23, the English translation is:

If the Unbelievers should fight you, they would certainly turn their backs; then would they find neither protector nor helper.

23. [This is] the established way of Allah which has occurred before. And never will you find in the way of Allah any change.

The verse 23 has great satisfaction for us because this tells us about the principle of Allah which never changes. So it is we who are not holding fast to the Holy Quraan and Sunnah. If we hold fast to these two sources of Islam then surely Allah’s Help will come to us and then all enemies of Islam will run away.
    | Likes greenhill, BeTheChange liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    فصيح الياسين's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Main cause of the failure of Muslims

Not only pictures but much more. If muslim practice how companions did Allah's help be with them. Still in many occassions allah help is upon people. Who are pious
    | Likes greenhill, OmAbdullah liked this post
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is my opinion that the main cause for failure is the widespread adoption of the 'western' education system as the standard. Degrees and Doctorates.

From there it spreads to the want of worldly things and the pursuit of it.

These pursuits include taking pictures etc for vanity sake, made acceptable through the culture of challenging and changing, forever pushing the limits, no right or wrong. All the foundation and training are provided by the curriculum.

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

MuslimInshallah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalaamu alaikum,

Mmm, I wonder. Personally, I think that it is the corruption of the human heart that causes Muslims to be in a bad position today. From what I have read, well before the colonization of much of the Muslim world, there were a lot of problems, and these became so great that Muslims were weakened and fell to the conquerors.

While the negative forces in the world today are very real, I deeply believe that the first step to improving our world starts with ourselves. Each and every person needs to ask themselves what they are not doing right, and how they can improve. And I don't just mean cosmetic changes (smile. A scarf or a beard is very nice, but these are rather little changes, it seems to me). I mean those deep and difficult changes. (twinkle) Like getting on with that neighbour who is so irritating, or taking the time to listen to your daughter's chattering about her friends, or learning how to cook a healthy meal for your family- not just one. But usually. It seems to me that we need to work on these huge little steps.

Too often, we look for industrial solutions to our problems. Wide, sweeping measures that we hope will have some great and lasting impact. But we forget the little ones. It seems to me that we should look to our personal relationships, and build from there. This is what Allah (SWT) and His Prophet (SAWS) made clear to us: we start with ourselves, and those close to us, and we work outwards.

(sigh) I see young people who are so full of enthusiasm and light, try to make big and bold changes in the world… only to smack into a hard wall, and get discouraged. (mildly) Looking after those around you (family, friends, neighbours, and then community members, society at large…) may not seem very glamorous, and certainly it is unlikely to win you much recognition… But this is where we can really have an impact, and make a difference. (smile) And perhaps, in the long run, we can have a ripple effect, and make this world a little brighter for having been here.

(smile) And even if we do not eradicate world hunger, or injustice, or whatever (which we never can…), we can become the best people that we can be, the most pleasing to Allah. And this is a victory, even if all else looks like failures.

May Allah, the Sublime, turn our failures into victories.
    | Likes Scimitar, BeTheChange, Signor liked this post

Our finitude is our distance from Him. His infinitude is His closeness to us. Abdal-Hakim Murad @Contentions

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

those of you who are pretending to know the "main cause of failure for muslims" are taking wild stabs at the dark - I ask, how can you know such things? you consider on that which you think as the main reason? Do you not undrstand the variables involved and how your little human brain cannot compute the knowledge which Allah WILL NOT reveal to you until the day of judgement?

beware of your opinion - it could see you "fail" as a Muslim too.

Scimi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by nbegam View Post
    بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Main Cause of the failure of Muslims.

Muslims that are struggling hard for the Cause of Allah are failing again and again! Although they succeed, at some occasion, with the Help of Allah, but again they become weak due to lack of Allah’s Help. I think that the main cause of their failure is that they make pictures and videos. It is sad to see that the Muslims of the present era love camera and pictures and frequently make and spread videos. Allah’s Messenger صلى الله عليه وسلم strictly prohibited making of pictures. So by making pictures and videos they disobey Allah and Allah’s Messenger Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم . As a result they deprive themselves from the Help of Allah!!!

If they abstain from making pictures and videos then I hope that Allah’s Help will come to the practicing and striving Muslims insha-Allah. Allah’s Promises are very true. Allahسبحانه و تعالى said in surah Al Fatah verses 22 and 23, the English translation is:

If the Unbelievers should fight you, they would certainly turn their backs; then would they find neither protector nor helper.

23. [This is] the established way of Allah which has occurred before. And never will you find in the way of Allah any change.

The verse 23 has great satisfaction for us because this tells us about the principle of Allah which never changes. So it is we who are not holding fast to the Holy Quraan and Sunnah. If we hold fast to these two sources of Islam then surely Allah’s Help will come to us and then all enemies of Islam will run away.
    The Main cause of our pitiful situation is because we have become distanced from the Quran and Sunnah, and have no desire to establish the Shariah of Allah Azzawajal.

Allah ta'ala says he does not change the condition of a people, until they change what is within themselves,

we need to Purify our hearts from the various diseases that have infected it, and return back to the Quran and Sunnah,

that is the Only way Allah ta'ala will grant us success in dunya and akhira,

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    those of you who are pretending to know the "main cause of failure for muslims" are taking wild stabs at the dark - I ask, how can you know such things? you consider on that which you think as the main reason? Do you not undrstand the variables involved and how your little human brain cannot compute the knowledge which Allah WILL NOT reveal to you until the day of judgement?

beware of your opinion - it could see you "fail" as a Muslim too.

Scimi

Assalaamo alaikum wa rahmatullah,

You say these words because you are far away from the knowledge of the Holy Quraan and Sunnah. I wrote this thread especially for some sincere scholars who seem to be struggling hard sincerely ( Allah knows best but it is my understanding about them.) I thought it may be that they take a lesson, stop from pictures and Allah helps them to their full success. But it seems like many consider this horrible sin of making pictures and videos to be not a sin at all. May Allah guide us all to follow the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم , otherwise we will remain in all these fitnas and wrath of Allah will finally come on us as Allah has warned us in the last verses of surah Al-Noor. Please read and understand these verses.

In fact remaining far from the Holy Quraan, has made many of us ignorant from the position of a mo'min in the sight of Allah Almighty. Allah promised to make us ( Miuslims ) Al-Furqan if we try to reach that standard. Please read and understand the meaning and tafseer of the Holy Quraan to know what is Al-Furqan. This promise of Allah can be seen in Surah Al-Anfaal. I pray to Allah to make us all Furqaan, aameen.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am wondering whose are those muslims whose are fail? How we are fail?

And about camera and pictures, I think you now forget an important part of the science history from the islamic era. Those inventions of muslims created the base of many modern
    techniques which we are using today - also when taking pictures and videos.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...im-scientists/
    Last edited by sister herb; 03-26-2015 at 10:07 PM.
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Main cause of failure of Muslims?. ...... Mentality!

When other people are working hard to fulfill their needs, Muslims don't do anything and just complain that their diplomas are not suitable for working fields.

When other people work hard to invent new technologies, Muslims just proud with their golden age without realize that this glorious past has gone.

When other people see hunger people they share their foods. While Muslims?. Just entertain them with "Allah will not give trial more than someone can bear", and let those hunger people still in hungry.

When other people try eradicate poverty, Muslims just make conclusion that poverty happen because Islamic economy system is not implemented without they do anything to help the poor people.

When other people realize a problem they try to solve this problem. While Muslims?. Again, play denial card, deny that they have problem.

Then, do Muslims really follow Islam?. Many of Muslims just follow sheiks with their own interpretation of Islam and condemn other Muslims who follow other interpretation as deviant, or even kuffar.

Open your eyes Muslims!. Open your eyes and see this reality!.
    | Likes Signor, Muhaba, OmAbdullah liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I am wondering whose are those muslims whose are fail? How we are fail?

And about camera and pictures, I think you now forget an important part of the science history from the islamic era. Those inventions of muslims created the base of many modern
    techniques which we are using today - also when taking pictures and videos.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...im-scientists/

If you don't see or feel the failure of the Muslim Ummah of today then I will be really shocked. Today I remember a hadeeth shareef which says that the Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم told the companions that the Muslims will be like a food in a tray and the kaafirs will be inviting each other to eat it. The companions asked, "Will we be few in number on that day (time)?"

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said that you will be more on that day ( it means that the Muslims will be more at that time) but they will be like foam on the surface of ocean and their awe (رعب ) will be taken away from the hearts of the kaafirs and there will be the disease of wahan in their hearts.
    The companions asked. What is the disease of wahan?

The Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم said that it is the love of this world and hate from the Hereafter ( or hate from death). Allah knows best the exact words of Allah,s Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم .

May Allah forgive me. I wrote it in my own words as I didn't have the book. The last words I forgot whether it was the hate from the Hereafter or from death. I request the readers to correct me in the hadeeth if they have the book.

Now I will come to my topic. Today our Ummah's status is exactly like that hadeeth. Our educated Muslims must use their observation power to know about the Ummah. Today we must weep on the situation of our Ummah.

This is very true that the Muslims had started Science. We see the name of Jaabir Bin Hayaan in the beginning of the Math books in USA. Similarly we remember the names of our Muslim Scientists in Chemistry and Medicine etc. But they always remembered Allah's Deen and they didn't make pictures to disobey Allah. Remember please that this horrible sin is calling the Anger of Allah on us. I pray to Allah to make us get rid of this sin before we die. Aameen.
    Last edited by OmAbdullah; 03-27-2015 at 10:17 AM.
    chat Quote

yahia12's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Genetics and culture. The northmen may be non muslims but you would be ashonished by their good manners och respect for all living things (adab). Meanwhile in Middle East......
    | Likes sister herb liked this post
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Seems there are lots of points of views... but there is agreement, there is failure... only on what is the cause.. I still feel it is related in this day and age on the education system that trains us to be focused on worldly matters and not at all on spiritual growth.

| Likes sister herb, OmAbdullah liked this post

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don´t see that the whole islamic ummah would become better one only if people stop taking photos and videos. That is too simple way to repair all our mistakes.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    Seems there are lots of points of views... but there is agreement, there is failure... only on what is the cause.. I still feel it is related in this day and age on the education system that trains us to be focused on worldly matters and not at all on spiritual growth.

If we don´t train ourselves to worldly matters too, islamic countries will leave uneducated and underdeveloped 3rd world countries and this is what someones call as failure. We should find balance between worldly and spiritual development.

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I don´t see that the whole islamic ummah would become better one only if people stop taking photos and videos. That is too simple way to repair all our mistakes.
    If you read my first post carefully, you will see that I have mentioned those Muslims who strive hard for the Cause of Allah. This means that up their extent, they try to follow Islam but they don't abstain from taking pictures etc. because they consider it lawful. But they suffer, and I am trying to explain that making pictures etc. is not a small sin.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you read my first post carefully, you will see that I have mentioned those Muslims who strive hard for the Cause of Allah. This means that up their extent, they try to follow Islam but they don't abstain from taking pictures etc. because they consider it lawful. But they suffer, and I am trying to explain that making pictures etc. is not a small sin.
    Salam alaykum

I understood your the first post but as I wrote, kind of reason is too simple one to explain our all failures. We should think more, what we do, not what others do. Being more carefull, more compassionate to others? Are we now? As brother greenhill wrote, our interest is directed to somewhere else than to spiritual growth. And this other direction is far more than only pictures.

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Other thing what comes to mind when we are talking about pictures (I am sure here have many discussions about them before) is what we are doing with pictures. If we make a picture and worship as it would be a god, is one thing and when we make a picture for other reasons, is it the another thing?

Discussions about pictures before (some of them):

pictures

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...raw-paint.html

drawing haram???

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...ram-islam.html

Art

Are photos haram?
    Last edited by sister herb; 03-27-2015 at 11:20 AM.
    | Likes OmAbdullah liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    It is my opinion that the main cause for failure is the widespread adoption of the 'western' education system as the standard. Degrees and Doctorates.

From there it spreads to the want of worldly things and the pursuit of it.

These pursuits include taking pictures etc for vanity sake, made acceptable through the culture of challenging and changing, forever pushing the limits, no right or wrong. All the foundation and training are provided by the curriculum.

the want of worldly things... i take it you dont mean establishing of empires.

i dont know how you imagine islams next golden age.

i think thats the problem, you take everyday things you use...we all use..

and say that they are evil or worth turning away from.

when its just a matter of using them in the correct manner.

...a Lamborghini is just a Lamborghini, unless its a batmobile.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 03-27-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You say these words because you are far away from the knowledge of the Holy Quraan and Sunnah.
    You're assuming too much... and now I will show you how YOU are lacking in knowledge on THIS very subject. In your OP, you wrote:

I think that the main cause of their failure is that they make pictures and videos.

Do you know who invented the Camera? Do you know who that man was and what else he invented? Do you know why he invented those things? DO you know where he drew his inspiration from?

The Camera was invented by Muslim Arab, who was a polymath and philosopher who made significant contributions to the principles of optics, astronomy, mathematics, meteorology, visual perception and perfected the scientific method... his inspiration was the Quran and Sunnah. His name was Ibn Al Haythm... and now to prove you wrong.

In relation to the capture of images or video from a camera - there are scholarly opinions which YOU are ignorant of, here I will enlighten you to your folly:

What you say about it being haraam to take photographs and keep them except in cases of necessity, and it being permissible to watch TV and videos if they are free of evils, is the view of a number of scholars, including Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) and the scholars of the Standing Committee for Issuing Fatwas, may Allaah preserve them. Secondly: The confusion that you mentioned was answered by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him), who explained that pictures contained on a video tape and the like are stored in the form of electro-magnetic waves, hence they were regarded as permissible by those who do not regard photographs as permissible. He (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: Images made by modern methods are of two types: 1 – Those that are stored in a way that does not have any tangible or visible form, as was mentioned in the case of images, such as video tapes. There is no ruling on these at all and they do not come under the prohibition at all. Hence the scholars who forbid photographs printed on paper regarded them as permissible, and said that there is nothing wrong with them. It was said:

If a person wants to make these permissible images, then he is subject to the five rulings according to his intention. If he intends thereby to do something haraam, then it is haraam. If he intends thereby to do something obligatory then it is obligatory. It may be obligatory to make images sometimes, especially moving images. For example, if we see someone committing a crime that is a crime against a person’s rights, such as a murder attempt and the like, and it cannot be proven except by means of a picture, then in that case taking a picture is obligatory, especially in cases where pictures could tell the full story, because the means are subject to the same rulings as the ends. If we use this image-making to prove the identity of a person lest he be accused of a crime committed by someone else, there is nothing wrong with this either, rather it is essential. But if we take a picture in order to enjoy looking at it, this is undoubtedly haraam. End quote from al-Sharh al-Mumti’ (2/197-199).
    The basis of your entire argument rests on the premise that photos and videos are haraam - but I have proven to you that you have no real knowledge on the subject and therefore, your premise in the OP is false. Further, you are now on the back foot without a premise, and your OP has collapsed.

next time you accuse someone of being unaware of Quran and Sunnah, or Islamic rulings on matters - do your homework - and DO NOT ASSUME anything.

Scimi
    Last edited by Scimitar; 03-27-2015 at 01:01 PM.
    | Likes sister herb liked this post

15noje9 1 - Main cause of the failure of Muslims
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamualaikum sister nbegam.

It's better if you do not too fast to make conclusion that failure of Muslims caused by picture matter, especially because ulama are differ in opinion about pictures.

I live among Muslims, I know how are life of Muslims, and I found there are many problems among Muslims that caused by mentality and behavior matter. Example that I have written in my first post just few of many realities that happen in the Muslim world.

We would not know realities of ummah if we just stay at home or in masjid. [smile]
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Main cause of the failure of Muslims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Main cause of the failure of Muslims