× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2203

Get Married Or Go To Jail

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Judge Ordered This 20-Year-Old To Get Married Or Go To Jail

Get hitched or get locked up.

by loren diblasi 8/7/2015

Share to Facebook

Tweet to Twitter

• WhatsApp

• Email

The decision to get married isn’t one to be taken lightly, at any age. But what if you were forced to either get married — at the ripe old age of 20 — or go to prison? It’s a decision that one young man in Texas and his 19-year-old girlfriend had to face, and no, it wasn’t a joke.

In July, 20-year-old Josten Bundy was sentenced to marry his girlfriend, Elizabeth Jaynes, within 30 days, stemming from an altercation between Bundy and Jaynes’ ex-boyfriend that landed him in court. According to local station KLTV, Bundy challenged Jaynes’ ex to a fight after he had been saying “disrespectful” things about her. Jaynes’ ex later pressed assault charges, although he wasn’t seriously injured.
    “I took matters into my own hands and I know that’s wrong,” Bundy toldKLTV. “I know I was raised better, but it happened.”
    According to court transcripts, Bundy was asked by Judge Randall Rogers, “Is she worth it?” The judge then gave Bundy the option to marry Jaynes within 30 days — in addition to probation that included writing Bible verses and counseling — or face 15 days in jail.
    Bundy, afraid of losing his job due to jail time, agreed to marry Jaynes. It wasn’t that the young couple hadn’t discussed marriage before — but they definitely weren’t happy with the embarrassing circumstances under which they were forced to do so.
    “My father didn’t get to go, and that really bothers me, I know he would have liked to be there,” said Bundy. “None of my sisters got to show up, it was such short notice, I couldn’t get it together.”
    So… congratulations to the newlyweds? This unbelievable story definitely challenges notions of the “sanctity” of marriage.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2235265/texa...uple-to-marry/
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Get Married Or Go To Jail

When I heard that news from the TV before, I was wondering if this guy still has to go to the jail if they at the one day will divorce? If yes, he seemed sentenced to the life.
    | Likes MidnightRose liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

MidnightRose's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    when i heard that news from the tv before, i was wondering if this guy still has to go to the jail if they at the one day will divorce? If yes, he seemed sentenced to the life. ;d
    lol!!!
    chat Quote

zpk's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol.. when they have kids this would be a sweet story to share
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

unless the dude's a tiger.
    then she'll call it "penal servitude"

2dvls74 1 - Get Married Or Go To Jail

2vw9341 1 - Get Married Or Go To Jail

chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you live in Indonesia, then you probably would hear term "Kawin Hansip", or "married off by hansip (community's security force)". This is a term to describe a case which a man and a woman forced to get married after hansip arrest them because they commit something that over the limit in their relationship. Case like this sometime happen in Indonesia. That's why there is proverb "spouse is in the hand of hansip".
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Get Married Or Go To Jail Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Get Married Or Go To Jail