× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 2422

What am I suppose to do? :/

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I try telling my parents that I have to pray at school but they keep saying it's "Showing off", "this is when people get sick of Islam". They tell me to come home and pray Duhr and Asr.
    What am I suppose to do? I have to pray but obeying my parents is something as well
    Advice? Pleas reply quick.

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    *charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What am I suppose to do? :/

Assalamu Alaikum

The requirements of Islam come before obeying your parents. So in situations when you will be offering your prayers late or missing them, it's ok to disobey your parents and pray at school on time. As long as it's safe and it's accommodating to pray at school, then I don't see the problem and don't understand why they are against it. Remember, “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Wsalaam
    | Likes Search liked this post

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

The requirements of Islam come before obeying your parents. So in situations when you will be offering your prayers late or missing them, it's ok to disobey your parents and pray at school on time. As long as it's safe and it's accommodating to pray at school, then I don't see the problem and don't understand why they are against it. Remember, “Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Wsalaam
    But what happens if then my teacher contacts my parents to see what I'm doing is allowed and they say no :/
    My dad says that me praying at school causes disturbance in the class because he thinks it'll cause me to miss something important in class, what about that reasoning?

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

MuslimInshallah's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalaamu alaikum Aaqib,

Mmm… you ought to have some breaks between classes and at lunchtime… if you do your prayers during these times, then you wouldn't miss anything in class. And if you were doing your prayers at lunchtime, for instance, would your teacher even know?

Perhaps you could do your thuhr prayers at lunchtime, and your asr at home? (smile) I'm pretty sure that if you look at the situation, there are ways of Pleasing Allah, as well as accommodating your parents and teacher. It may take a little creativity and flexibility, but it should be doable. Because Allah has Gifted us with quite a span of time in which to do our prayers (you don't have to do them immediately if you are engaged in something, you know…).

May Allah, the Kind, Bless those who struggle to Please Him.

Our finitude is our distance from Him. His infinitude is His closeness to us. Abdal-Hakim Murad @Contentions

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum Aaqib,

Mmm… you ought to have some breaks between classes and at lunchtime… if you do your prayers during these times, then you wouldn't miss anything in class. And if you were doing your prayers at lunchtime, for instance, would your teacher even know?

Perhaps you could do your thuhr prayers at lunchtime, and your asr at home? (smile) I'm pretty sure that if you look at the situation, there are ways of Pleasing Allah, as well as accommodating your parents and teacher. It may take a little creativity and flexibility, but it should be doable. Because Allah has Gifted us with quite a span of time in which to do our prayers (you don't have to do them immediately if you are engaged in something, you know…).

May Allah, the Kind, Bless those who struggle to Please Him.
    There is time, I keep telling my parents that but he says he's not a big fan about that

chat Quote

umairlooms's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If the school does not have any problem with it, I am not sure why your parents have an issue. Asserting oneself, one's belief and one's faith is something I certain appreciate. Good going!
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! What am I suppose to do? :/ Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What am I suppose to do? :/