× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 43 visibility 9395

how to give dawah to atheists?

BilalKid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

how to give dawah to them? they say God is not real because its like fairy tale or some myth..
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: how to give dawah to atheists?

A similar question was asked sometime back. Hence the lack of response.

It really depends on the intention of both parties.

You've got to remember that humans are given 'choice'. So we can chose to believe or not to believe.

If they chose not to believe, they will disbelieve despite your arguments.

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Iv heard athiests utter the words.. I believe.

Some even describe religious folk they meet as
    .. Good.

Ultimately Allah swt is the one who turns people towards or away from him.

https://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/nora/html/49-14.html

May be totally the wrong concept but feel free to correct me.. If only for my own sake.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 10-15-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was an atheist before. Then I met some Muslims. They seemed to be kind and helpful people. I became interested about what makes them so nice and started to wonder is it because they are Muslims. So, I wanted to know more about their religion.

You are the best example about Islam to atheists. Be polite, kind and show its because of Islam what makes you be so wonderful person. InshAllah, they too become curious - like I became, over 20 years ago.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    shafat10's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As most atheists use science as their yardstick, we use Quran as our yardstick and prove them that God does exist.

An easy way is to tell them about the scientific facts that we found out recently, that was mentioned in the Quran 1400 years ago.
    If you do a probability test, then the chances of these facts coming by chance in the Quran is impossible. Hence you must have to conclude, the Quran has a divine authority.

You might want to check out Dr. Zakir Naik in YouTube, he is an international scholar on Islam and Comparative Religion, and his debates on Science and Religion are just perfect! The most logical and scientific answers are given by him Alhamdulillah and this alone helped uncountable atheists all around the world who have accepted Islam.

Hope this helps.

When you look at life from a different perspective; you'll realise, how blessed you are!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Bilalkid, I am an atheist. I read this board and post occasionally when I think an atheist viewpoint is needed. And it is needed here.

format_quote Originally Posted by Bilalkid
    how to give dawah to them? they say God is not real because its like fairy tale or some myth..
    format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    You've got to remember that humans are given 'choice'. So we can chose to believe or not to believe.
    This is simply false. We don't choose what we believe. If you don't believe something, no matter what I offer as a reward, you are not going to be able to genuinely make yourself believe it. If I offered you ten million dollars, you still could not make yourself believe what you don't, say that you have an invisible space alien sitting on your shoulder that wants you to eat lemons. You can't be SURE that there isn't such an alien on your shoulder, since it would be invisible, but you see no reason to believe this is true. You probably think I just made it up (I did). No matter how I bribe you or threaten you to demand you believe in this space alien, you can't just make yourself believe, right? You could lie about it, sure, and pretend it is there, but you couldn't truly make yourself a believer. This is no different for an atheist when it comes to Gods. We see no reason be believe these beliefs to be true. We see them as myths; Zeus, Thor, Jehovah, Allah, etc, as non-existing as faeries, demons, ghosts, etc. And we see your holy books (Quran, Bible, Vedas, Egyptian book of the dead, Tao Te Ching, etc) as fables, not much different than the native american folk tales of "how the eagle got its wings" etc.

Short of providing real tangible evidence, beyond just your holy book, etc, you simply are not going to convince an atheist. And that is ok. Despite what you may have heard, we are not miserable hopeless sad people with nothing to live for, just because we don't believe in God. We live lives full of wonder and happiness and the meaning that we find it and give to it, just like you do. Most of us are happy to live and let live and won't attack your beliefs, and we would like that you not try to push your beliefs on us or tell us we must behave in accordance with the rules you have chosen for yourself to live by.

There is no need to give Dawah to atheists. Those of them that are curious about Islam, will seek it out and learn about it, and some of them will be convinced by it and convert. That will not be because of you dong dawah. That will be because of their own thinking. Many more will never become Muslims. And that is ok. Some Muslims will lose their faith and become atheist too (or Christians or Jews or HIndus, etc), and that's ok too. Live and let live, yes? Each their own path.
    Last edited by Pygoscelis; 10-16-2015 at 06:43 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Hi Bilalkid, I am an atheist. I read this board and post occasionally when I think an atheist viewpoint is needed. And it is needed here.

This is simply false. We don't choose what we believe. If you don't believe something, no matter what I offer as a reward, you are not going to be able to genuinely make yourself believe it. If I offered you ten million dollars, you still could not make yourself believe what you don't, say that you have an invisible space alien sitting on your shoulder that wants you to eat lemons. You can't be SURE that there isn't such an alien on your shoulder, since it would be invisible, but you see no reason to believe this is true. You probably think I just made it up (I did). No matter how I bribe you or threaten you to demand you believe in this space alien, you can't just make yourself believe, right? You could lie about it, sure, and pretend it is there, but you couldn't truly make yourself a believer. This is no different for an atheist when it comes to Gods. We see no reason be believe these beliefs to be true. We see them as myths; Zeus, Thor, Jehovah, Allah, etc, as non-existing as faeries, demons, ghosts, etc. And we see your holy books (Quran, Bible, Vedas, Egyptian book of the dead, Tao Te Ching, etc) as fables, not much different than the native american folk tales of "how the eagle got its wings" etc.

Short of providing real tangible evidence, beyond just your holy book, etc, you simply are not going to convince an atheist. And that is ok. Despite what you may have heard, we are not miserable hopeless sad people with nothing to live for, just because we don't believe in God. We live lives full of wonder and happiness and the meaning that we find it and give to it, just like you do. Most of us are happy to live and let live and won't attack your beliefs, and we would like that you not try to push your beliefs on us or tell us we must behave in accordance with the rules you have chosen for yourself to live by.

There is no need to give Dawah to atheists. Those of them that are curious about Islam, will seek it out and learn about it, and some of them will be convinced by it and convert. That will not be because of you dong dawah. That will be because of their own thinking. Many more will never become Muslims. And that is ok. Some Muslims will lose their faith and become atheist too (or Christians or Jews or HIndus, etc), and that's ok too. Live and let live, yes? Each their own path.
    As far as the alien is concerned or the flying spaghetti monster as you say, give me proof, and if you can give me proof that it exists, then why wouldn't I believe in the fact that an alien is sitting on my head?

In Islam, we give you the Quran as proof, we use science and logic.

We don't just say, there is God who will put you to hell (though I know many Muslims do that), but a learned Muslim who understands Dawah, wouldn't really tell you anything like that.

We rather bring the Quran to you and if you don't agree, then please prove it wrong, which many people tried but failed.

And we use science, your yardstick to prove our yardstick the Quran.

Any more clarifications, I would more than happy to help you sir.

When you look at life from a different perspective; you'll realise, how blessed you are!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are many points you mentioned but I can't touch on every point, it will take hours together to discuss.

But yah, read the first comment of mine and explain the part of scientific facts in the Quran, I would like to know your opinion and should you need any further clarification, do ask.

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We don't choose what we believe.
    Now this sounds like someone else will make decision on our behalf, what we believe or not - but atheist can´t think there is "someone" who makes kind of decisions on our behalf. Right?

Basicly I disagree - yes, we decide what we believe and what we don´t. We can also change our believes - many times if we get some strong stimulus or incentive outside what puts us to think again or to break down our prejudices we might change our believes. This happens in everything what we believe or think, not only our relation to religion.

But this is just my way to see this matter.
    | Likes greenhill, Arjuno liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The athiest believe in Laa Ilaha - so that's one third of the shahadah right there... its up to you to logically prove the rest.

Scimi

15noje9 1 - how to give dawah to atheists?
    chat Quote

Arjuno's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

fables, not much different than the native american folk tales of "how the eagle got its wings" etc.
    So which fable do you follow? That one which says the wings slowly slowly appeared on the eagle for no reason? The same that says the fishes someday decided to go out from the water and walk?
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You don't need to give them dawah in the context of whether or not Allah exists just as you don't need to convince them that they were born one day and will die one day, they already know and are living in denial.
    They know they are unable to provide rationale for their criminal actions. You just need to tell them to submit to Allah before it's too late and if they have any genuine questions which they're willing to ask respectfully, answer them or tell them to go Google it.

16. One day We shall seize you with a mighty onslaught: We will indeed (then) exact Retribution!

17. We did, before them, try the people of Pharaoh: there came to them an apostle most honourable,

18. Saying: "Restore to me the Servants of Allah. I am to you an apostle worthy of all trust;

19. "And be not arrogant as against Allah. for I come to you with authority manifest.

20. "For me, I have sought safety with my Lord and your Lord, against your injuring me.

21. "If ye believe me not, at least keep yourselves away from me."

22. (But they were aggressive: ) then he cried to his Lord: "These are indeed a people given to sin."

23. (The reply came: ) "March forth with My Servants by night: for ye are sure to be pursued.

24. "And leave the sea as a furrow (divided): for they are a host (destined) to be drowned."

Quran Chapter 44

images3 zpsamgojt7q 2 - how to give dawah to atheists?

images1 zpsy4hbdzi7 2 - how to give dawah to atheists?

images5 zpschh9ru7s 2 - how to give dawah to atheists?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T97ELHP-SrE
    Last edited by Abz2000; 10-16-2015 at 04:38 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Now this sounds like someone else will make decision on our behalf, what we believe or not - but atheist can´t think there is "someone" who makes kind of decisions on our behalf. Right?
    If I offered you a million dollars, could you truly and fully believe you were a dolphin dreaming of living life as a human? Sheer force of will is not enough, right? So belief is not something you decide. You are either convinced or you are not.

format_quote Originally Posted by Arjuno
    So which fable do you follow? That one which says the wings slowly slowly appeared on the eagle for no reason? The same that says the fishes someday decided to go out from the water and walk?
    I don't believe any such story with anywhere near the same level of certainty that most religious people believe in their stories. As near as I can tell from the evidence, evolution explains a lot of life we now have on earth. New evidence could disprove that, and it doesn't explain everything, such as how it all began in the first place. I am quite content that there are some things, such as how everything came to be that are not fully explained or understood by me. That actually is what enables me to to look for answers. I may never have complete answers, but at least I'm not stopping because I think I already know the answers.
    Last edited by Pygoscelis; 10-16-2015 at 05:55 PM.
    | Likes czgibson liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by shafat10 View Post
    As far as the alien is concerned or the flying spaghetti monster as you say, give me proof, and if you can give me proof that it exists, then why wouldn't I believe in the fact that an alien is sitting on my head?

In Islam, we give you the Quran as proof, we use science and logic.
    I'd rather not be baited into a discussion of how special or not the Quran is, because doing that is likely to make some here think I am here to insult their beliefs, which is not my intention. Suffice it so say that non-Muslims do not believe as Muslims do and do not see the Quran as proof of anything, no more than the Bible or other religious texts.

We rather bring the Quran to you and if you don't agree, then please prove it wrong, which many people tried but failed.
    I have no need to prove it wrong. I am not seeking to convince you or anyone else that it is wrong. If it convinces you, good for you. Live a good life believing that, and practice Islam. Just don't presume we all view it the same way, and don't expect me to live in compliance with your religious beliefs.

If you seek to convince me, or other atheists that the Quran is right and is holy and proof of God etc, then the onus would clearly be on you, not me, to prove that, and I really don't think you will get very far. And I think that is really quite ok, and not at all a failing on your or anybody else's part. After all, if an all powerful being, such as God, wanted to be known and understood by all, he/she/it would be known and understood by all.
    Last edited by Pygoscelis; 10-16-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    | Likes czgibson liked this post
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Good brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

chat Quote

BilalKid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Good brother View Post
    this helped thank you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkKHYk3l0Kc
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Pygoscelis,

If atheists are so good at 'thinking', it's about time they used this facility. Otherwise we wouldn't be reading grossly inaccurate analogies like the one you posted above. There is no resemblance between a whimsical belief in a spaghetti monster, or a flying elephant, or a space alien telling someone to eat lemons, and the logical and coherent belief in one God - a belief supported by Prophets and Messengers throughout the ages, scriptures, signs and miracles, logical arguments, innate human nature, and more.

It's strange that you take pride in looking for answers and yet, for the most important question, you have stopped. That, too, based only on a belief. You can claim you see no reason to believe our beliefs are true, but there is no evidence to prove they are not true. As such, you have made a choice when you choose a way of life stating adamantly there is no God. Throughout time, people have made the choice not to believe even when, deep down, they knew what the right path was. Far from compelling people, Islam liberates them to make the right choice. And that is why we will continue giving da'wah, as it is very evidently needed.

The next time an atheist viewpoint is 'needed', we'll let you know.
    | Likes Abz2000, Alpha Dude liked this post

chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not sure about that really, if you read it as a whole it declares itself as a warning.

You ask for proof of god and it answers such a question in its own way.

Depends on your own understanding of it and the intent on which you approached it.

I would feel it is beyond our scope to explain fully any concept of god or to understand it.

Not sure you would want to either.

To pick science as an example, given enough time you could explain what is today to the people of yesterday..

Or you could teach the basics for making good scientists.

It's a poor analogy but I hope you understand.

If you say look science gives proofs and religion does not then, you miss the point... The level of order within the system is frankly terrifying and astonishing.

..and yet so easily dismissed as chemistry or physics or biology..

But then what would the flying spaghetti monster be without philosophy..

Flour, veg and meat flung through the air.
    chat Quote

keiv's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't believe any such story with anywhere near the same level of certainty that most religious people believe in their stories. As near as I can tell from the evidence, evolution explains a lot of life we now have on earth. New evidence could disprove that, and it doesn't explain everything, such as how it all began in the first place. I am quite content that there are some things, such as how everything came to be that are not fully explained or understood by me. That actually is what enables me to to look for answers. I may never have complete answers, but at least I'm not stopping because I think I already know the answers.
    Amazing how atheists will admit to not knowing the truth and even go as far as to say what they think they know now could be disproved anytime in the future, yet atheists are quick to ridicule and mock people of religion and state what they believe in are myths or fairy tales as if their 'planet of the apes' fairy tale is supposed to be any better.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    aamuslim's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid View Post
    If you were to ask a baby in the womb of their mother whether there is life after birth, or whether they believe in Mom - what answer would you expect to get?

When this baby grows up to 100 years (now 2x as smart and intelligent as they were at age 50, and 2x better with their hearing, sight and speech capabilities), if you were to tell this big baby that a (self built) cargo ship carrying electronic goods (which no factory built, but came about on its own) sailed (on its own) from a port of China and made its way to the port of Singapore and then to a city in Europe or North America without any crew members (maintaining it) nor a ship captain (navigating its course), what kind of a stare would you expect to get?

{Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding. Who remember Allah while standing or sitting or [lying] on their sides and give thought to the creation of the heavens and the earth, [saying], "Our Lord, You did not create this aimlessly; exalted are You [above such a thing]; then protect us from the punishment of the Fire.} (Quran - 3:190-191)

Allah has sent Prophets and Messengers to their people with guidance and miracles, then among them were people who believed and people who disbelieved. The products that we manufacture (take your iPhone) come with their product manuals, Allah has not only sent Prophets and Messengers but also Books with the guidance, so its upon them to ponder over the guidance and let them make their mind. {The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve.} (Quran - 18:29)
    | Likes Arjuno, BilalKid liked this post
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! how to give dawah to atheists? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. how to give dawah to atheists?