× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Lets do a poll of our own! Do you sympathise or support the Jihadis?

Voters
10. Login to vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

10 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 33 visibility 6406

Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

strivingobserver98's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    If you can read this please remember me in your duas :P
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Deceptive media.

Where do they get these fake figures from?

Why weren't the Muslims all over the world at 1.7 billion invited to take part?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...s-in-poll.html

bXzVvsa 1 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Search's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان View Post
    Deceptive media.

Where do they get these fake figures from?

Why weren't the Muslims all over the world at 1.7 billion invited to take part?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...s-in-poll.html

bXzVvsa 1 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

In the above poll, I voted no: Terrorists and extremists are evil, misguided, and pervert Islam. Obviously.

However, I think the article might be misrepresenting the position of Muslims who voted yes. For example, a person can, say, feel sympathy for the lost man in James Holmes, the perpetrator of Colorado shooting, because of a) his lost bright future (as obviously he was extremely intelligent as it was widely publicized that he had undergraduate degree in neurosciences and graduated with highest honors) and b) his lost humanity. Maybe the Muslims who voted yes in the poll voted yes for the same reason? Maybe they felt that the Muslims going to join ISIS are losing their bright futures and will suffer terrible fates and terrible suffering? So, for example, someone can feel bad for the deranged James Holmes without believing that what the deranged James Holmes did is right. So, I'd like to know what "sympathy" here connotes? Make sense, people?

Also, I mistrust polls in general because I took a course in critical analysis of statistics or polls or some such thing in college (sorry, forgot the course name/title), and I realized how easy it is to misrepresent data. For example, to determine the reliability of the poll, I'd like to know whether the poll was scientific, who was conducting the poll, exactly what questions were asked, how the respondents to the polls were selected, etc. For example, pharmaceutical companies often misrepresent the data, for example, on effectiveness of their medicines/medication in easily much the same way, and therefore I think a healthy skepticism is necessary.

So, in summary: For Muslims, I wouldn't worry about what this poll says. For the non-Muslim, I wouldn't worry about what the poll says either.

| Likes Physicist, MuslimInshallah, BlueOwl358 liked this post
    chat Quote

TMGuide's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I always wondered where they get their statistics from, until I discovered online surveys. They give incentive, gift cards, money and what not to get as many poeple to participate. So anyone can complete these surveys, they ask random questions and conclude random stastistics from them.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    In the above poll, I voted no: Terrorists and extremists are evil, misguided, and pervert Islam. Obviously.
    You voted in this poll? Or do you mean you would have voted no has they asked you?

As far as internet polls, I would take this site, even though it is probably a biased sample (at the very least you have to have a computer etc) over an internet poll, and it is clear here that such a poll wouldn't agree with those numbers. We do have a few who do feel obvious sympathy for the jihadis and a few more who even outright support them, but they are the exception, not the rule. I look forward to hearing what they have to say on this poll and if they agree the numbers are overestimated.
    Last edited by Pygoscelis; 11-23-2015 at 04:07 AM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi.

Nope, I'm an American. And I believe this poll was conducted in the U.K. So, I couldn't vote, even if I'd been so inclined. It doesn't matter: I'd still have voted no.

Hey, that is why I used the example of James Holmes, the guy who went up and shot the movie cheater in Colorado, creating mayhem for people who had gone to watch the movie Dark Knight. Most of my examples will revolve around my experience, which is based in the U.S.

As for the exceptions voting in the above Islamic Board poll, yes, I know exactly who is going to vote yes - lol. Like you, I think they are the exception and not the norm. Unfortunately though, in my experience, the exceptions are mostly the vocal type; I know this because Islamic Board is not my first stint on the Internet.

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    You voted in this poll? Or do you mean you would have voted no has they asked you?

As far as internet polls, I would take this site, even though it is probably a biased sample (at the very least you have to have a computer etc) over an internet poll, and it is clear here that such a poll wouldn't agree with those numbers. We do have a few who do feel obvious sympathy for the jihadis and a few more who even outright support them, but they are the exception, not the rule. I look forward to hearing what they have to say on this poll and if they agree the numbers are overestimated.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't know the discussion this thread will evolve: However, since I know at least one person on IB will vote yes, I should also mention here that from my experience, Internet Muslim extremists have myriad ways of shutting down majority Muslim voices who oppose extremism: They say that if you're (the Muslim, that is) not going to physically do anything to stop the atrocities in the Muslim world, then at least "shut up" and sit down while those who are not pusillanimous do "do" something about it. Also, the other way is by shaming the Muslim or labeling the Muslim in some way to show that the person is not "Muslim enough" or loves Allah (God) enough or loves Prophet Muhammad sallalahu alayhi wasallam (peace and blessings be upon him) enough or the ummah (Muslims as a unit) enough. Ordinary everyday Muslims generally are non-confrontational people (at least from my experience), and therefore it is easier for the vocal Internet Muslim extremist to use that to his/her advantage in Internet-based discussions. After all, most people (Muslim and non-Muslim) use the Internet as a form of leisure activity and not to incur a headache.

I'm just again throwing that out there for information purposes!
    | Likes MuslimInshallah liked this post
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there is a difference between Jihadis and terrorists . Jihad is fard for Muslim when terrorism is forbidden.
    | Likes syed_z, al_Hind liked this post

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

Mr.President's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jihad - Yes
    Terrorism - No
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

there is a difference between Jihadis and terrorists . Jihad is fard for Muslim when terrorism is forbidden.
    To the Westeners (and surely to the readers of this newspaper) it´s one and same - jihad and terrorism. It would take a lifetime to explain the difference to them and part of them still would understand or wouldn´t want to understand.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi.

Nope, I'm an American. And I believe this poll was conducted in the U.K. So, I couldn't vote, even if I'd been so inclined. It doesn't matter: I'd still have voted no.

Hey, that is why I used the example of James Holmes, the guy who went up and shot the movie cheater in Colorado, creating mayhem for people who had gone to watch the movie Dark Knight. Most of my examples will revolve around my experience, which is based in the U.S.

As for the exceptions voting in the above Islamic Board poll, yes, I know exactly who is going to vote yes - lol. Like you, I think they are the exception and not the norm. Unfortunately though, in my experience, the exceptions are mostly the vocal type; I know this because Islamic Board is not my first stint on the Internet.
    I sometimes wonder just how friendly should I be towards Muslims regarding this perception war within Islam. I mean, you and I being friends and supporting one another, kind of puts your Muslim credibility in question to some of these people, yes? They paint you as a .. what was that word? "Crypto"? lol It seems you can't win no matter what.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

Actually the word "jihadis" does not refer to ordinary mujahideen, but refer to people who hold ideology which they believe that the glory of Islam can be reached only through jihad in the battlefield.
    chat Quote

Insaanah's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    ★ Islam is THE way ★
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Sun is the widely acknowledged crappiest so-called "news"paper, gutter press, whose stories are sensationalistic and certainly not reliable. In fact in most cases, not even worth giving them the dignity of even mentioning or discussing.

However, I think the article might be misrepresenting the position of Muslims who voted yes.
    Exactly.

Here The independent explains how the "poll" is very misleading:

No, one in five Muslims don't support Isis
    Last edited by Insaanah; 11-23-2015 at 02:42 PM.
    | Likes Muslim Woman, MuslimInshallah liked this post

Stunningly beautiful adhaan from the Dome of the Rock in Masjid ul Aqsa
    Download (right click and choose "save target/link as").

This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is only One God, and that those of understanding may take heed (14:52)

Indeed Allah knows, and you know not (16: 74, part)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    I sometimes wonder just how friendly should I be towards Muslims regarding this perception war within Islam.
    What I expect from non-Muslims is, do not judge a Muslim by his/her religion, but judge a Muslim by his/her attitude and behavior. Notice, is he tolerant to the others, or intolerant?. Is he always kind to others, or always cause trouble?.

One thing that make Muslims in difficult situation nowadays is generalization and stereotyping toward Muslims. Many non-Muslims in the West still generalize that every Muslim must be like this, every Muslim must like that, without they realize that as human, Muslims consist of various characters and personalities too. There are extremist Muslims, but also there are moderate Muslims, there are intolerant Muslims, but also there are tolerant Muslims, there are criminal among Muslims, but also there are Muslims who always kind to the others.

But I am sure, you have ability to see someone on his/her attitude and behavior without trapped into generalization.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah View Post
    No, one in five Muslims don't support Isis
    But, the title in Independent is misleading too. It can cause impression for people who only read the title that "four in five Muslims support ISIS".
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    To the Westeners (and surely to the readers of this newspaper) it´s one and same - jihad and terrorism. It would take a lifetime to explain the difference to them and part of them still would understand or wouldn´t want to understand.
    That is a wrong assumption....I do want to understand....and becouse of that I got to ask

How can I understand if the thread that I was in the process was deleted?

What am I supposed to think?

Even if takes a life time or a cofe table....would you want to try and explain the diference?

The deletetion os beyond my understand...

God bless
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The question is, which jihadis do they mean? The parents who do jihad against their children in order to turn them from monotheism? (jaahadooka)
    The wrongdoers of whom Allah tells His Messenger: it is not you they deny, it is the ayaat of Allah against which the unjust do jihad? (yajhadoon)

The believers who do jihaad in Allah's way when the shaytaan whispers evil and they try to walk aright and gain Allah's mercy and good pleasure, and do jihad in Allah's way when they see injustice in their families and communities in order to make the justice and truth of the righteous way of life which Allah has enjoined to be uppermost?

Or maybe these brave souls:

You can easily get a faster download by saving a less data consuming format instead of downloading to the cache by adding "ss" after the www. Like so:

https://m.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=OYHT3eEBXFI

Then choosing the format quality you need.

You'll also notice that the original intro to the closing credits of Rambo III read:

"This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan."

20151204123934352631190 zpsabpf7fbv 2 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

Of course, that was when the u.s government was basking in the glory of having assisted in removing Assad er... The Soviets (was that on purpose?) the mujahideen were later contained via infighting, then when afghanistan was united under the taliban and it banned opium, and the u.s government wanted to start a propaganda war and attack them after staging a whopper false flag, the card was changed to:

"This film is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan."

20151204123927820941440 zpsogkweqrv 2 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

http://rambo.wikia.com/wiki/Mujahideen

images10 zpsjt4ivvev 2 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

images13 zpsxf60led1 2 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

images11 zps6sazt0bg 2 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

From orwell's 1984 review:
    That alliance ends and Oceania, allied with Eurasia, fights Eastasia,
    a change which occurred during Hate Week, dedicated to creating patriotic fervour for the Party's perpetual war.
    The public are blind to the change;
    in mid-sentence an orator changes the name of the enemy from "Eurasia" to "Eastasia" without pause.
    When the public are enraged at noticing that the wrong flags and posters are displayed, they tear them down—thus the origin of the*idiom*"We've always been at war with Eastasia";
    later the Party claims to have captured Africa.
    Now he's (stallone) making a new movie about fighting isis........
    Last edited by Abz2000; 12-04-2015 at 06:52 AM.

2dvls74 1 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

2vw9341 1 - Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sfontel View Post
    That is a wrong assumption....I do want to understand....and becouse of that I got to ask

How can I understand if the thread that I was in the process was deleted?

What am I supposed to think?

Even if takes a life time or a cofe table....would you want to try and explain the diference?

The deletetion os beyond my understand...

God bless
    Sorry I didn´t meant to mean anyone personal here but people in general.

What I meant that in general the most of non-Muslims in the West don´t see the difference between jihad and terrorism because to their vocabularity the term "jihad" has already meant same as "terrorism" or "killing the infidels" for decades. I have tried to tell to others in here that they understand this term wrong. Result: a) they don´t believe me or b) they don´t listen me.
    | Likes Mr.President liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

About jihad:

http://islamqa.info/en/21961

http://islamqa.info/en/20214

As you see, this term "jihad" isn´t so simple than those western newspapers try to make it look. But how to explain this clearly here to people whose don´t want to understand it, they just want to keep their old opinions (and use them as excuses for they racist acts and views). And this was again in general.

From Occupied Palestine:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    The question is, which jihadis do they mean? The parents who do jihad against their children in order to turn them from monotheism? (jaahadooka)
    The wrongdoers of whom Allah tells His Messenger: it is not you they deny, it is the ayaat of Allah against which the unjust do jihad? (yajhadoon)

The believers who do jihaad in Allah's way when the shaytaan whispers evil and they try to walk aright and gain Allah's mercy and good pleasure, and do jihad in Allah's way when they see injustice in their families and communities in order to make the justice and truth of the righteousness way of life which Allah has enjoined to be uppermost?

Or maybe these brave souls:

You can easily get a faster download by saving a less data consuming format instead of downloading to the cache by adding "ss" after the www. Like so:

https://m.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=OYHT3eEBXFI

Then choosing the format quality you need.

You'll also notice that the original intro to the closing credits of Rambo III read:

"This film is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan."

Of course, that was when the u.s government was basking in the glory of having assisted in removing Assad er... The Soviets (was that on purpose?) the mujahideen were later contained via infighting, then when afghanistan was united under the taliban and it banned opium, and the u.s government wanted to start a propaganda war and attack them after staging a whopper false flag, the card was changed to:

"This film is dedicated to the gallant people of Afghanistan."

http://rambo.wikia.com/wiki/Mujahideen

Now he's (stallone) making a new movie about fighting isis........
    For my curiosity....Do you like Regan? Is he right on the issue?

I watch most of the long video up until it froze....

So the USA backed the right muhajadim? Against soviets?

USA did not fight themselfes...but insted...equiped as best they could tha muhajadim...

To the point the minute 26:35....the soviets are running away!

So, the situation in Sirya....do ISIS represent the Soviets or Russia represent Soviets?

Who is who? USA is the Soviets?

Can you paint a clear picture?

God bless
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    IslamicRevival's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A disgusting poll from a a volatile gutter media outlet. I sympathise with the true mujahideen, IE the ordinary man fighting for their people, land and rights which are trampled on year after year. May Allah preserve and grant them success. What's shocking or wrong with that?
    | Likes Abz2000 liked this post
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Shocking poll by The Sun: 1 in 5 Muslims show sympathy for Jihadis