× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 2934

Why Is Being 2 Faced So Fashionable?

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

It seems like every person I work with is two faced. They say one thing but do another. For instance, my colleague hates my manager and rips her to shreds at any given opportunity when she is not there. However, as soon as she is there, he is super nice to her like she is the best thing sliced bread and the sun shines out of her.

A lot of people I know in general life are also like that.

Why is it so fashionable? They will get caught out one day won't they? How do you avoid it?

I've always been the kind of person who says it how it is. If I don't like someone, it's known (not in a nasty way, one of my colleagues started rumours about me, so when I found out, I told her so and now we have no communication unless it is work related) and I won't try and be their best friend when they are near me. It's not my style.
    | Likes LaSorcia, greenhill liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muhaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    فصبرٌ جميلٌ
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why Is Being 2 Faced So Fashionable?

I think it has a lot to do with moral development and ethical standards. Most people are low on these items.
    chat Quote

LaSorcia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz View Post
    It seems like every person I work with is two faced. They say one thing but do another. For instance, my colleague hates my manager and rips her to shreds at any given opportunity when she is not there. However, as soon as she is there, he is super nice to her like she is the best thing sliced bread and the sun shines out of her.

A lot of people I know in general life are also like that.

Why is it so fashionable? They will get caught out one day won't they? How do you avoid it?

I've always been the kind of person who says it how it is. If I don't like someone, it's known (not in a nasty way, one of my colleagues started rumours about me, so when I found out, I told her so and now we have no communication unless it is work related) and I won't try and be their best friend when they are near me. It's not my style.
    I have seen this phenomenon as well. I have no clue other than we live in such a Godless world nowadays that people just don't care. They are self-seeking and will do what they think is best for themselves even if it means acting like different people depending on who's around. I wouldn't know how to act like that, thank God.
    | Likes sister herb, hisnameiszzz liked this post
    chat Quote

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia View Post
    I have seen this phenomenon as well. I have no clue other than we live in such a Godless world nowadays that people just don't care. They are self-seeking and will do what they think is best for themselves even if it means acting like different people depending on who's around. I wouldn't know how to act like that, thank God.
    It's quite scary but they must actually be intelligent people to keep that pretence up all the time. I would probably get confused after a bit and not remember what I was doing.

I might not be the nicest of people at work but I am true and honest. I don't back bite about people when they are not there only to be their best friend when they turn up.

Shucks, being two faced is such a disgusting trait!
    | Likes LaSorcia liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    LaSorcia's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The sad thing is, this is normal life for many folks. They get exposed to a system like this and think it's normal, and then learn to adapt and act that way themselves. Trouble (but really a blessing) is that I never could adapt to it, so didn't do well in such situations.
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Never trust such ppl. Never share your secrets with them.
    | Likes BeTheChange liked this post
    chat Quote

BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamualykum,

Sadly it's normal in the workplace. Every workplace will suffer from this disease unless the people are God-fearing. Subhana Allah what a beautiful quality this is. May Allah swt bless us with this trait. Ameen.

It's a petty state of mind and reflects more about the individual than it does about the person they talking about.

Focus on YOU and spend your time doing zikar in your mind and heart.

If someone initiates these types of conversation just advice you're not interested as it goes against your code of ethics and religion. You can tell them you’re not interested in different ways using humour, sarcasm, body-language or thought-provoking statements.

People will automatically exclude you from gossip and yes it's also a good way of becoming the most hated in the workplace.

But hey at least you’re hated for the truth and not loved for being fake.

Alhamdulilah.
    | Likes strivingobserver98, hisnameiszzz liked this post

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Why Is Being 2 Faced So Fashionable? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why Is Being 2 Faced So Fashionable?