Glac09's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

Report bad ads?

bibleQ650x430 1 - Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

A textual analysis comparing the Quran and the Bible has revealed that violence is more prevalent in the Christian holy book than Islam’s holiest scripture.

Investigating whether the Quran is more violent than its Judeo-Christian counterparts, software engineer Tom Anderson processed the text of the Holy books to find which contained the most violence.

In a blog post, Mr Anderson explains: “The project was inspired by the ongoing public debate around whether or not terrorism connected with Islamic fundamentalism reflects something inherently and distinctly violent about Islam compared to other major religions.”

Using text analytics software he had developed, named Odin Text, he analysed the New International Version of both the Old and New Testaments as well as an English-language version of the Quran from 1957.

It took just two minutes for his software to read and analyse the three books.

By categorising words into eight emotions – Joy, Anticipation, Anger, Disgust, Sadness, Surprise, Fear/Anxiety and Trust – the analysis found the Bible scored higher for anger and much lower for trust than the Quran.

Further analysis found the Old Testament was more violent than the New Testament, and more than twice as violent as the Quran.

Mr Anderson summarises: “Of the three texts, the content in the Old Testament appears to be the most violent.

“Killing and destruction are referenced slightly more often in the New Testament (2.8%) than in the Quran (2.1%), but the Old Testament clearly leads—more than twice that of the Quran—in mentions of destruction and killing (5.3%).”

However, he adds: “First, I want to make very clear that we have not set out to prove or disprove that Islam is more violent than other religions.

“Moreover, we realize that the Old and New Testaments and the Quran are neither the only literature in Islam, Christianity and Judaism, nor do they constitute the sum of these religions’ teachings and protocols.

“I must also reemphasize that this analysis is superficial and the findings are by no means intended to be conclusive. Ours is a 30,000-ft, cursory view of three texts: the Quran and the Old and New Testaments, respectively.”

More...

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

Not at all surprising to me. The bible, especially the old testament, is full of violence, and worse yet, violence ordered by Bible God. That said, the Quran does have some violence in it too, yes?

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Not at all surprising to me. The bible, especially the old testament, is full of violence, and worse yet, violence ordered by Bible God. That said, the Quran does have some violence in it too, yes?

Maybe because you (albeit erroneously) believe that the Canadian government is somehow less violent and more love and peace?
    Or that maybe it's a fact that the incidence of unjustifiable violence and other crimes amongst the citizens is much higher in societies where the Abrahamic "religions" hold less sway over the day to day lives of the masses (probably even after excluding from the calculation the deeds which each "religion" exclusively considers a crime).
    Do the math before jumping on the judgemental bandwagon dude, coz it comes across like you somehow feel that this is an opportunity to puff out your chest in the false illusion that atheism is the sinless (illegitimate) "love" child in this equation.

Regarding the op's quote, it seems an acknowledged fact that previous scripture (in the line of human events) is more violent amongst those more aware of facts and is somehow twisted for the gullible masses who actually fall for the regularly misconstrued and distorted lamestream news:

Given Dom’s Christ-like qualities, it’s interesting that his foil Agent Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) is described in the films using Old Testament terms. Literally. “This guy, he’s Old Testament: blood, bullets, wrath of God,” says Brian O’Conner when Hobbs is introduced in*Fast Five.*Judging from his own use of metaphors, Hobbs agrees. “I’m gonna come down on them like the walls of Jericho,” he growls in*Fast & Furious 6.*Like the heroes of the Old Testament, Hobbs is all about justice: punishing sinners (“You just earned yourself a dance with the devil,” he tells Jason Statham’s villain Shaw in*Furious 7) and rewarding the righteous.
    Last edited by Abz2000; 02-13-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    | Likes emem liked this post
    Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

2dvls74 1 - Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

2vw9341 1 - Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Pygoscelis;

I agree with you, the story of creation is barely over, and God is angry at how wicked the people are, so he brings on the flood, killing of most of creation. If you look at the world today, we are probably no better, we allow twenty thousand children to die every day, as a result of starvation, grinding poverty and preventable disease. Not to mention all the wars and injustice that go on every day.

I think the greater question is this, does the violence in the Bible and Qur'an inspire it's followers to be violent?

The greatest commandments are to love God and to love your neighbour as you love yourself, meaning you should aspire to do what is greatest.

In the spirit of searching for a just and merciful God.

Eric
    | Likes sister herb, ardianto liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you Pygoscelis;

I agree with you, the story of creation is barely over, and God is angry at how wicked the people are, so he brings on the flood, killing of most of creation. If you look at the world today, we are probably no better, we allow twenty thousand children to die every day, as a result of starvation, grinding poverty and preventable disease. Not to mention all the wars and injustice that go on every day.

I think the greater question is this, does the violence in the Bible and Qur'an inspire it's followers to be violent?

The greatest commandments are to love God and to love your neighbour as you love yourself, meaning you should aspire to do what is greatest.

In the spirit of searching for a just and merciful God.

Eric
    The following list should provide some insights:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_invasions

Maybe categorize them by prevalent ways of life rather than the religion people halfheartedly claim to subscribe to.
    ....maybe the so called "renaissance" is the cause of the colourful top three.
    Last edited by Abz2000; 02-13-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

2dvls74 1 - Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

2vw9341 1 - Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greeting Pygoscelis

Holy books, including Qur'an, indeed contain violence. However, the holy books also contain love and care to the others which much much more than violence.

But the most important is how a religious person see the religion. If he believe that religion teaches love and care, then the religion would motivate him to become the peaceful person who love and always care to the others. But if he believe that religion allow violence, then he would use religion as justification to do violence toward the others.

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Those kind of people whose believe that religion allows violence don´t actually need religions at all. If they wouldn´t find anything from their religions what justify their violent ideas, they simple create some other ideology more suitable for them - like some political theory. They are those whose use religions as excuse for all evil they do. What is said or not in some holy text, doesn´t cause their evil actions.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Many verses containing violence are restricted to situations and circumstances... Without that, I can go out and kill everyone and quote the Quran.. But that is not honesty.

Ie. If you form a conclusion before reading a book, you are going to see that book through these 'glasses'. Ie. If I want to kill people. And I start with the conclusion

"ehh, killing feels nice, and I enjoy it, lets see what the Quran says about this gratifying experiencing of killing people.. I love blood.. " And then procceeds..

What one's heart seeks is what it is going to end with. So if I seek violence I can easily justify my actions. But this is wrong.

In shaa' Allah I made sense lol. Don't start with the conclusion. Read the book first, and then see what the Book tells you, not what YOU want it to tell you.
    | Likes Eric H, MuslimInshallah, ardianto liked this post

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

greetings and peace be with you Abz2000;

Thanks for the link, I scanned through the conflicts quickly, and I don't see God or religion as the cause of most of these wars. Israel and Gaza was at the top of the list, Israel is mostly secular now, and tends to overlook the scriptures that say...

Deuteronomy 27
    19 “Cursed is anyone who withholds justice from the foreigner, the fatherless or the widow.”

Exodus 22:21
    "Do not mistreat an alien or oppress him, for you were aliens in Egypt.

Leviticus 24
    You are to have the same law for the alien and the native-born. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19
    33 " 'When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. 34 The alien living \with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Ezekiel 47
    21 “You are to distribute this land among yourselves according to the tribes of Israel. 22 You are to allot it as an inheritance for yourselves and for the foreigners residing among you and who have children. You are to consider them as native-born Israelites; along with you they are to be allotted an inheritance among the tribes of Israel. 23 In whatever tribe a foreigner resides, there you are to give them their inheritance,” declares the Sovereign LORD.

Exodus 12:49
    The same law applies to the native-born and to the alien living among you."

Leviticus 19:10
    Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people.

Eric

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Violence is a survival mechanism and an essential part of human nature, just as love, care, sorrow, anger, happiness, trustworthiness and justice are, Allah has presented varying models of operation through the ages and has sent down Islam, the completed, balanced and most stable method in the final and global age of mankind's tenure on earth as it reaches it's final stage. Searching for the term "monopoly on violence" https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_on_violence and objectively researching should bring any intelligent person to the logical conclusion that the Islamic method is the most stable and widely encompassing standard which can bring overall peace and justice to makind on a global level where differences will only mean anarchy and fiefdom. It is the height of folly to pretend that the capacity for violence and peace do not reside within the human at one and the same time and that a person should be categorized as being either peaceful or violent despite a just balance of all natural tendencies being present in such a person, the question which would inevitably arise though is "who judges?", its only logical and reasonable answer is "Allah who created us all and runs the universe, so let's use His standard of rule in order to succeed and get the best of both worlds".

You say the torah is too violent and unworkable, you say the n.t is unworkable on a governmental scale, you tried with the u.n and the security council and received war upon war, injury upon injury, now try the truthful and just way which is Islam.

وَإِن طَائِفَتَانِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ اقْتَتَلُوا فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَهُمَا فَإِن بَغَتْ إِحْدَاهُمَا عَلَى الْأُخْرَى فَقَاتِلُوا الَّتِي تَبْغِي حَتَّى تَفِيءَ إِلَى أَمْرِ اللَّهِ فَإِن فَاءتْ فَأَصْلِحُوا بَيْنَهُمَا بِالْعَدْلِ وَأَقْسِطُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُقْسِطِينَ

And if two parties or groups among the believers fall to fighting, then make peace between them both, but if one of them rebels against the other, then fight you (all) against the one that which rebels till it complies with the Command of Allah; then if it complies, then make reconciliation between them justly, and be equitable. Verily! Allah loves those who are equitable.
    {9*049:009*Khan:

16“To what can I compare this generation?
    They are like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling out to others:
    17“ ‘We played the pipe for you,and you did not dance;we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

18For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’
    19The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’
    But wisdom is proved right by her deeds.”

From Matthew 11
    Last edited by Abz2000; 02-13-2016 at 07:39 PM.
    | Likes greenhill liked this post

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

About this list of invasions, it´s hard to say which one of those had really anything to do with the religion. With most of them people used religion as excuse to attack and conquest other´s areas. But for this we can´t blame religions themselves. They had been happened anyways and now we could read from the history books the more real reasons for them: greed of power and wealth, need to get more areas to own populations and to get more natural resources.

As Muslim, I could say of course that there was the religion aims behind in the early Muslim conquests.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    Voilence is a survival mechanism and an essential part of human nature,
    I think you don't understand the difference between self defense and violence. Self defense indeed is a survival mechanism, but violence is not. Violence is a method to force to the others to follow what one party want.

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    I think you don't understand the difference between self defense and violence. Self defense indeed is a survival mechanism, but violence is not. Violence is a method to force to the others to follow what one party want.
    I think you don't know what i understand.
    The government doesn't arm police and soldiery with truncheons and guns solely for the purpose of defending themselves but to enforce a way of life.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Those kind of people whose believe that religion allows violence don´t actually need religions at all. If they wouldn´t find anything from their religions what justify their violent ideas, they simple create some other ideology more suitable for them - like some political theory. They are those whose use religions as excuse for all evil they do. What is said or not in some holy text, doesn´t cause their evil actions.
    I agree with most of what you say here. Violent hateful people are going to be violent hateful people regardless of holy books or religions. But I would hasten to add that when holy books have passages in them that appear to call or or justify such hate and violence, it is often used by these people to justify themselves and their actions. Religion is rarely the cause of hatred and violence, but it is often the focus point, or the excuse for it, or the expression of it.

The Bible, for example, says both to turn the other cheek and an eye for an eye. It says to not be yoked with non-christians and to love all men as brothers. Depending on what is in your heart, people take very different messages from the same book. And Islam has inspired and justified both the most peaceful, kind and generous muslims such as yourself, while also inspiring and justifying horrid groups such as Isis.

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric, you are one of the good ones We need more like you, and less like Fred Pheps. Unfortunately the bible has passages that support both those like you and those like him. As Ardianto said above, these books and religions are approached and presented differently depending on who is speaking/reading.

About this list of invasions, it´s hard to say which one of those had really anything to do with the religion. With most of them people used religion as excuse to attack and conquest other´s areas. But for this we can´t blame religions themselves. They had been happened anyways and now we could read from the history books the more real reasons for them: greed of power and wealth, need to get more areas to own populations and to get more natural resources.
    Indeed. Religion is for the most part just how they sell it to the people. War, invasion, murder, etc, isn't something most of us want to do to one another. Leaders learned long ago that to make the populace accept such things, you need to dehumanize, or demonize the victims/opponents, and religion is a powerful tool for doing that somewhat literally.

It also provides an excuse to leaders, calling upon a higher power than themselves or their populace, in taking such actions. You don't need to explain or answer questions when you make the answer "because God says so, who are you to question God?". Make it as authoritarian as possible, and you can't get more authoritarian than Gods, and people tend to stop challenging.

It is nice when good religious people resist that and respond with calls that no, God doesn't want that, and we do see a lot of this thankfully, but many others blindly follow the leader and push "With us or against us" to the point of "with us or against God"... You can see this in Bush's early speeches when he invaded Afghanistan.. he called it a crusade.
    Last edited by Pygoscelis; 02-14-2016 at 01:37 AM.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    Maybe because you (albeit erroneously) believe that the Canadian government is somehow less violent and more love and peace?
    Or that maybe it's a fact that the incidence of unjustifiable violence and other crimes amongst the citizens is much higher in societies where the Abrahamic "religions" hold less sway over the day to day lives of the masses (probably even after excluding from the calculation the deeds which each "religion" exclusively considers a crime).
    Do the math before jumping on the judgemental bandwagon dude, coz it comes across like you somehow feel that this is an opportunity to puff out your chest in the false illusion that atheism is the sinless (illegitimate) "love" child in this equation.
    This ramble of yours is quite an immense and humourous load of straw. I said none of what you seek to put in my mouth.

Atheism is a lack of belief in God(s). It isn't a religion or an ideology, so it can't be sinless or virtuous. It is basically a lack of context. Nobody does good works or is kind because they lack belief in God(s). Nor does a lack of belief make anybody kill or hate other people. Atheists are just as capable of all the hatred and violence and sectarianism that you seem to enjoy in your particular vision of Islam, and just as capable as being as kind and gentle Muslims such as Ardianto and Sister Herb here draw from their vision of Islam. The main difference is that atheists don't have any religious context to set it all in.
    Last edited by Pygoscelis; 02-14-2016 at 01:41 AM.
    | Likes czgibson liked this post

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To use religion to forcibly control a people, is wrong.

If we alm started killing eachother because we don't like eachother, then we will one day be no better than hitler.

Violence upon violence and war will errupt. As long as love exists, hatred too will. But many seem to misplace hatred. Every enemy/opponent has a weakness. As only Allah is all powerful without flaw. Fact is, the intellectual response to an opposing force or attack is not, while understandable, attacking mindlessly.

It is to hit the weak point and the target. Leave it up to wisdom, Allah says you can retaliate in the same manner BUT it is better to take the better option! AFAIK.

In many cases to retaliate with violence will bring about more violence, but obv if someone attacks you, you can defend yourself etc.

I am not saying to become pacifistic, but to choose the better option, you be the judge, if in a situation attacking is better the. Do THAT!
    Not all violence is babaric. It only becomes babaric if used in an unreasonable manner.

The start of wars is usually because of lack of communication or unsolved problems/misunderstandings..

if that problem is not fixed via patient dialogue etc. It will end in war no matter how small the problem was, the actual problem is the fact that the problem is not addressed. It then becomes a seed, then a tree with roots. It becomes the reason for war. Obv there are exceptions.. I am probably biased

may Allah forgive me for whatever wrong I said. Ameen.
    Last edited by Serinity; 02-14-2016 at 06:57 AM.
    | Likes Eric H, Pygoscelis, Kiro liked this post

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Pygoscelis; you seem to be a better Christian or Muslim, than many Christians and Muslims

I can only think of a couple of recent leaders, who used religious principles in times of conflict, Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. When Nelson Mandela died, both Bush and Blair sang the praises of a remarkable man, Bush and Blair had more power than Nelson Mandela, but they did not have his convictions, strength or courage to strive for peace.

The Bible, for example, says both to turn the other cheek and an eye for an eye.
    But it clearly sets out the greatest commandments; to love God and all your neighbours, including those who persecute you. Anything else we choose to do is less great, it has to include, justice, mercy, kindness and compassion for all people.

It also provides an excuse to leaders, calling upon a higher power than themselves or their populace,
    Leaders can call on a higher power, but if leaders inspire a nation to do evil, they will have to stand before God.

It seems rare that people in power fear God, but the fear of God has brought about change in the past. William Wilberforce fought against slavery for about twenty years in parliament; and lost every time. That is until he came up with the line, at some point we shall all have to stand before God, how will you justify your stance on slavery, then he had a landslide victory.

It is nice when good religious people resist that and respond with calls that no, God doesn't want that,
    It's very rare that the common people can stand against their leaders, I think both Blair and Bush used the well known Herman Goering principle / formula for war.......

“Why of course the people don't want war. Why should some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally the common people don't want war: neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But after all it is the leaders of a country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or fascist dictorship, or a parliament or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peace makers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people,

Eric

brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This ramble of yours is quite an immense and humourous load of straw. I said none of what you seek to put in my mouth.

Atheism is a lack of belief in God(s). It isn't a religion or an ideology, so it can't be sinless or virtuous. It is basically a lack of context. Nobody does good works or is kind because they lack belief in God(s). Nor does a lack of belief make anybody kill or hate other people. Atheists are just as capable of all the hatred and violence and sectarianism that you seem to enjoy in your particular vision of Islam, and just as capable as being as kind and gentle Muslims such as Ardianto and Sister Herb here draw from their vision of Islam. The main difference is that atheists don't have any religious context to set it all in.
    I Can comprehend your limits on intelligence from the fact that you know a little about history and current events, have read the Quran in your own language and haven't accepted it as the most supreme standard of measure for justice, universal harmony and character, and can perceive an image of very narrow shrewdness in the fact that you choose to spend time giving dawah to Muslims that they should be peaceful and submissive while your elected leaders slaughter them without right or just reason and loot their resources.
    another aspect of that narrow shrewdness is the fact that you choose the divide and conquer strategy of accusing Islam of being a manufactured falsehood, and God of being a false illusion while appeasing and placating those so called Muslims who ignore the fact that Islam is an all encompassing complete way of life which is prescribed and enjoined by the creator of mankind, upon mankind, and seek to make it akin to the jennings membership club for the sake of membership and knowing in the mind that they're somehow members with zero acton on pertinent issues which affect the nation, while you continue to attack the active relevant body of Muslims who strive to uplift themselves and others from the state of humiliation and injustice imposed upon them.
    your predecessors used a similar method by erectng the Ahmadis and NOI as a fake counter balance and only managed to succeed in confusing themselves and their people a to the truth and led themseles and their flock to hell.
    do not in any way assume that you are thereby confusing or deceiving people who use their intellects and study the facts for themselves because you confuse and deceive only yourself and those with corrupted and weak software like yourself.
    i can't pretend to expect you to know any better despite the obvious fact tn Islam, sin means crime, and virtue means good deeds, the fact that i have to go into detail on the issue ought to shed light upon the elementary level of this dialogue and the fact that i seek your and my betterment and that of those who may be ignorant s to the facts - namely, if ian action is a deed which would bring on the displeasure of God, it is a crime which is often interchangeably called sin, and it if is a good deed which would please God, it is a virtue, get it? Kingdom on earth - as in heaven
    i am aware that it may be difficult for you to grasp at first because your leaders have taken the position of false Gods ith supreme authority over you and have conjured upon your mind the illusion that they have the authority to say "be" abd it "is" or "so let it be written, and so let it be done", but they too are in for a big shock due to the fact that it is the creator and sustainer of the heavens and the earth who retains all priveliges to that right, and that the only legitimate way for man to legislate is within and in tune with the boundaries of the laws set in place by the creator. And thinking that you citizens are the gods who elect and legislate only shows the impotence and cnfusion of your situation.
    Adios.

36.*Pharaoh said: "O Haman! Build me a lofty palace, that I may attain the ways and means
    37.*"The ways and means of (reaching) the heavens, and that I may mount up to the Allah of Moses: But as far as I am concerned, I think (Moses) is a liar!"
    Thus was made alluring, in Pharaoh's eyes, the evil of his deeds, and he was hindered from the Path; and the plot of Pharaoh led to nothing but perdition (for him).
    38.*The man who believed said further: "O my people! Follow me: I will lead you to the Path of Right.
    39.*"O my people! This life of the present is nothing but (temporary) convenience: It is the Hereafter that is the Home that will last.
    40.*"He that works evil will not be requited but by the like thereof: and he that works a righteous deed - whether man or woman - and is a Believer- such will enter the Garden (of Bliss): Therein will they have abundance without measure.
    41.*"And O my people! How (strange) it is for me to call you to Salvation while ye call me to the Fire!
    42.*"Ye do call upon me to blaspheme against Allah, and to join with Him partners of whom I have no knowledge; and I call you to the Exalted in Power, Who forgives again and again!"
    43.*"Without doubt ye do call me to one who is not fit to be called to, whether in this world, or in the Hereafter; our return will be to Allah. and the Transgressors will be Companions of the Fire!
    44.*"Soon will ye remember what I say to you (now), My (own) affair I commit to Allah. for Allah (ever) watches over His Servants."

images139 zpskrdxqln9 2 - Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves

Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth."
    21:105

Last edited by Abz2000; 02-14-2016 at 12:39 PM.

emem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Does the Old Testament or the Bibles really entail that it's believers do damage or violent acts in this life? I'm confused. Just to be sure. Thank you very much.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is reasonable war and unreasonable war.

If you do war just to prove your existence, or for no other reason but to appear great.. Then perhaps one has forsaken themselves?

Cause if people do not come to dialogue and understanding eachother.. Then only pain will exist, and if we can't come to an understanding, then fear and terror will continue to exist.

I know there are criminals and those who cause corruption, if dialogue won't work with them, then obv, what other option than killing do we have?

Those who want to talk, with dialogue, we shall talk with them, but those who want to wage war for no reason, try to understand them, and come to dialogue.

If talking to their conscience won't work. Talk to their logic. If the logic and conscience does not respond, then question their humanity. If they still won't & and don't want to understand, then what is his life worth living?

And perhaps do question yourselves, when giving dawah. Perhaps what you want to deliver is understood differently from their side? What you wanted to convey may have been understood the opposite way?

Allah says, that He SWT won't change the condition of a people unless they change what is inside of themselves. So perhaps, the problems we face, may infact just be the repercussions of our own actions?
    Last edited by Serinity; 02-14-2016 at 12:21 PM.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Violence is more prevalent in the Bible than the Quran text analysis proves