× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1553

Question?

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question?

Report bad ads?

Salaams all,

At the Jummah sermon this week, the Imam saheb said "If it was not for Allah giving you energy, you would not be able to do a thing". He used Jummah prayers as an example. He said "The fact you are here for Jummah prayers if not because you came, it's because Allah gave you energy to come here and pray".

I fully understand what he was trying to say. But couldn't that concept be used the other way round? Say for example, I didn't go to Jummah prayers, couldn't I just say Allah didn't give me energy to do so. Or what about this, if I went to a night club, couldn't I say "Allah gave me energy to do so and that's why I am here, otherwise I wouldn't". The night club thing is just an example, I've never been to one!

I was discussing it with a friend on WhatsApp and he brought the above example which stumped me. Surely that's not right is it?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Question?

If you get ready to go on a night out, it is very unlikely that a change of plans happens..

Unless those that you are going with change there plans.

Similarly if you get ready to go pray jumma.. It is just as unlikely that your plans will change.

Prep time.

Make effort inshallah.

..our imam usually just makes fun of our ignorance and imperfections in our prayer/knowledge...

And then asks for donations.

Just as well really, I can't dance for toffee.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 02-28-2016 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Nope, no spirit bomb reference, no Krypton reference.. NRG..
    | Likes hisnameiszzz liked this post
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allah give us energy, and also give us ability to decide. So we can decide to use this energy, or not to use this energy, ... and ... will we use this energy to do something good, or will we use this energy to do something bad.
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

God knows how you'd explain the existence of Qadr to your friend.
    Coming to terms with Qadr should make it easier to explain since that's observable, obviously true to all with eyes and ears, yet not fully explainable even by the most seasoned of professors.
    Question?

2dvls74 1 - Question?

2vw9341 1 - Question?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with the Imam when he said "If it was not for Allah giving you energy, you would not be able to do a thing". Yes,if Allah didn't give you energy to go to masjid, you would not able to come to masjid. But I disagree with "The fact you are here for Jummah prayers if not because you came, it's because Allah gave you energy to come here and pray". If you came to masjid, that's because you decide to go to masjid. If Allah gave you energy to go to masjid but you decided to not go, then you would not come to masjid.

That's why we are responsible for every decision that we take.
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Allah give us energy, and also give us ability to decide. So we can decide to use this energy, or not to use this energy, ... and ... will we use this energy to do something good, or will we use this energy to do something bad.
    agree; and intention is also important factor
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Question? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Question?