star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is this considered shirk?

Report bad ads?

I went to a friend's house to do a project which I had to do a film. His room had three fake candles, so we thought it would be funny if we did a so-called 'fake ritual' and recorded it as a joke, to show to our other friends and laugh about.
    We put them in a shape of a triangle with a ball in the middle, and I recited random text from the script of our original project, and my friends repeated. It was amusing at first, but as I thought about it, I may have made a mistake.

The texts I recited contained nothing along the lines of saying that Allah s.w.t. has a partner, is not real, to worship someone else, whatsoever.
    I am afraid that this may be considered shirik.
    Can somebody help me answer this question?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ridwaan Ravat's Avatar Scholar
    brightness_1
    Student of Deen
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is this considered shirk?

Assalamualykum.

You should sincerely repent for carrying out a ritual as a joke and avoid such jokes in the future.

Jazakallah khair.

Request duaas
    | Likes Ruzah, Scimitar, noraina, ajr, Alamgir liked this post
    Is this considered shirk?

chat Quote

Faithbox's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The only ritual i can remember i ever did is was dancing like an indian arounda pole in the garden hoping the rain would stop and we could continue playing outside.

Silly enough it worked plenty of times haha. But i dont recall this shirk. More innocent
    chat Quote

Saleem Khan's Avatar Scholar
    brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If the 'fake' ritual you performed is an actual worship ritual then it would be kufr and you will need to renew your Iman and nikah. However if it not a worship ritual it will not be kufr however you will be sinful. In this case repent to Allah.

Such things are very dangerous. In the western culture jokes are taken very lightly in everything. In islam we are accountable for everything, joking or not. Thats why if you joke and divorce your wife it will actually fall.

Also value your imaan. Do not take such a great thing lightly. Imagine if your died at that moment. Remember a Muslim must live his entire life like death could come at any moment.
    If you do not value your imaan it will be taken away from you.

Repent and never repeat such an action.
    | Likes noraina, ajr, Ruzah, Alamgir liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Faithbox View Post
    The only ritual i can remember i ever did is was dancing like an indian arounda pole in the garden hoping the rain would stop and we could continue playing outside.

Silly enough it worked plenty of times haha. But i dont recall this shirk. More innocent
    format_quote Originally Posted by Saleem Khan View Post
    If the 'fake' ritual you performed is an actual worship ritual then it would be kufr and you will need to renew your Iman and nikah. However if it not a worship ritual it will not be kufr however you will be sinful. In this case repent to Allah.

Such things are very dangerous. In the western culture jokes are taken very lightly in everything. In islam we are accountable for everything, joking or not. Thats why if you joke and divorce your wife it will actually fall.

Also value your imaan. Do not take such a great thing lightly. Imagine if your died at that moment. Remember a Muslim must live his entire life like death could come at any moment.
    If you do not value your imaan it will be taken away from you.

Repent and never repeat such an action.
    Joking about shirk/kufr is still shirk. https://islamqa.info/en/174691 look at the second paragraph

Refuting the fabrication of the liars who say that the immortal youths (in Paradise) are created for homosexuals! - islamqa.info
    If you will excuse meand without undue sensitivity “there is no shyness in religion”I would like to ask about the immortal youths of whom the Qur’an speaks alon...
    | Likes Alamgir liked this post
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Is this considered shirk? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is this considered shirk?