star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Friends

Report bad ads?

Asalamualaikum brothers and sisters. Firstly I'd like to start out with some background information. I lived in the U.S. for the first 15 years of my life I am now 18 Alhamdulilah. I've been living in Kenya for the last 2 and a half years with my family.

So I have a group of friends in the U.S. who I am still very close with. The past two summers I have gone back for vacation to visit. I still stay in contact with them weekly. So I wasn't practicing Islam until the end of my first year in Kenya. It's been a few years now and I've been trying to give dawah to some of my muslim friends. But I don't know what to do anymore. I've tried to be patient for a while now but now I feel like giving up. I feel like there's been no progress and maybe I should try to find some friends who will help me become a better muslim as I am not perfect. When I've gone back in the summers, it's been really hard for me to maintain my iman. I stopped praying, started listening to music, and was doing other haram acts. And every year when I come back I tell myself when I go back in the summer I won't fall into these haram acts. Also when I talk with them via messaging its hard to not talk about some haram things when it is brought up. I've known these guys for so long and consider them to be very close to me. But I feel as if none of the words I'm saying is helping them and if I continue being friends with them I will fall into more haram acts. One side of me wants to start disassociating myself with them and find friends who can help me become a better muslim, and another part of me doesn't want to disassociate myself with them because I find our bonds to be quite strong. I would like some advice brothers and sisters on how to handle this situation. If I should continue these relationships please give me advice how to do so, and if I should end it please give me advice how to do so.

JazakAllah Khair
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Friends

Be wary of whom you befriend because a person is likely to take the faith of their friend.....the hadith is something along these lines that Prophet Muhammad warned us about. If they are not listening then let them be.
    Friends

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Neither leave them since they are your friends nor let them discourage you from your path. Stay in the middle. Maybe one day you will be able to encourage them to come to the straight path.
    chat Quote

Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

try to find new friends who will remind u of Allah . Stay away from bad companions who will lead u to fire .

Don't continue the friendship . Ask Allah to bless u with good , pious friends . Try to go to mosque regularly . It will be easy to find good companions there .
    Friends

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Neither leave them since they are your friends nor let them discourage you from your path. Stay in the middle. Maybe one day you will be able to encourage them to come to the straight path.
    But at what risk? That he might get led astray himself? I don't think so....
    Last edited by ~ Sabr ~; 03-18-2016 at 01:59 PM.
    Friends

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Friends Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Friends