star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do our prayers reach Allah ?

Report bad ads?

Pleaase do not quote Quran and Hadith and let me know of personal experiences if you have any ?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Hamza :)'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do our prayers reach Allah ?

Last edited by Hamza :); 04-05-2016 at 02:27 PM.
    chat Quote

~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Red face Re: Do our prayers reach Allah ?

In one word: Yes. Allaah answered me in 3 ways:

1. By giving me what I wanted and prayed for
    2. By giving me something better then what I prayed for
    3. By giving me Sabr so I realise later on that I didn't need that specific thing I prayed for.

May Allaah give us all Sabr and give us the ability to have Tawakkul in His Decisions, Ameen.
    Last edited by ~ Sabr ~; 04-05-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    | Likes noraina, sister herb liked this post

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

smallkid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

For me neither.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You don't know that.
    | Likes sister herb liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How would I not know it. My life is going downhill means not accepted here. I have started to shirk means nothing hereafter either.
    chat Quote

Umm Abed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    On A Mission
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by smallkid View Post
    How would I not know it. My life is going downhill means not accepted here. I have started to shirk means nothing hereafter either.
    This hadith is enough proof that Allah answers our duas

“Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” - See more at: http://hadithaday.org/hadith-qudsi/i....48sPiL63.dpuf
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    On A Mission
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother, it is time that you take a new look at your spiritual self and see where you are failing.

Are you performing your 5 times daily salah?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am not doing jumma after the failures. I just cannot. I am so much tested in life that all the pleasure and exhileeation of unexpected good new things is gone. I just want my life to end as it is beyond repair and I cannot see anything good in life after the failures.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    On A Mission
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am not doing jumma after the failures. I just cannot. I am so much tested in life that all the pleasure and exhileeation of unexpected good new things is gone. I just want my life to end as it is beyond repair and I cannot see anything good in life after the failures.
    No brother, that would be the biggest mistake ever, as ending your life doesnt end there, the torment of the action of killing yourself will continue until doomsday, so please dont ever consider it.

Jumah salah is compulsory. Missing out on this is start to failure in life and never ending problems, as you yourself can see. Please do make a start somewhere, brother, so that your quality of life may improve, insha'allah.
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am in such a rut and vicious circle of failures that if I start praying people will say that he is coming to masjid vecause hes a failure. More fun and ridicule will follow. Why does Allah have to make joke of some people like me ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    On A Mission
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am in such a rut and vicious circle of failures that if I start praying people will say that he is coming to masjid vecause hes a failure. More fun and ridicule will follow. Why does Allah have to make joke of some people like me ?
    Why are you so concerned about what other people think? It means nothing. Nothing at all!

What is important is what Allah thinks of us. You need to develop a bond with Allah swt.

Read the biography of the Prophet and his sahabah, and see what did they go through because they held onto Islam, and here we are complaining already! See what they went through to bring the message of Islam to us.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He knew he was a prophet of Allah. I havent experienced any sign of Allah ever. How do I know if hes even aware of my existence and my troubles ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    On A Mission
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He knew he was a prophet of Allah. I havent experienced any sign of Allah ever. How do I know if hes even aware of my existence and my troubles ?
    Well how are you alive then? Your food and the world did not come about by magic. Your existence is proof enough.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother, there was once a time I was in so many trials and tribulations I was like a walking corpse. I had finished living.

But Alhamdulillah my Sabr and tawakkul in Allaah remained intact. I knew Allaah Loves his creation more than x70 than our mothers, and He wants only good for me. Even if I didn't feel it I believed it as this is what Islam teaches us.

Maybe the trials were a way of
    cleansing my sins? Raising my ranks? Punishing me? Allaahu Aalim.

But Alhamdulillaah a million times over, that I am in such a good place now () that I cannot thank Allaah enough. I have learnt to be HAPPY when in pain, because of this very strong hadith I have come acrossL

Jabir (RadiAllaahu Anhu) narrated that the Prophet said:"On the Day of Judgement, when the people who were tried (in this world) are given their rewards, the people who were pardoned (in life), will wish that their skins had been cut off with scissors while they were in the world."
    [Jami At Tirmidhi]

- S A B R -
    | Likes Umm Abed liked this post

chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamualaikum Smallkid, I will tell my story.

I've ever failed in my business and fell into bankruptcy. That's happened in mid of 90's. I tried to rise, but failed again and again. Finally in 1999 I didn't have a job, while I already married and had a child. Then Ramadan came. It made me sad because I wanted to have money for Eid. So I made du'a. Nothing happened in the next few days. However, prior to mid of Ramadan I got a feeling that I should visit my mother. So I went to to my mother's home, and I met my paternal uncle who visited my mother too. I rarely met my uncle because he always moved due to his job. I talked with my uncle, and suddenly I remember that he knew an Eid parcel producer. I told him that I wanted to be connected with that parcel producer. Next day we went to the parcel producer, and a day later I started to sell Eid parcel on my mother's house terrace. Alhamdulillah, when Eid came I had money more than I expect.

I believe, the feeling that I should visit my mother was the answer of my dua. My visit to my mother made me met my uncle, made me could sell Eid parcel and got money. I believe it because my life experiences made me believe it.

Do you know, young bro?. Allah never gave me what I want. But Allah always gave me opportunity to get what I want. Then I do my effort to get what I want. Sometime I succeed, sometime I failed. But I never blame Allah when I got failed because I realize, that’s caused by my own mistake in doing my effort.

There is a logical reason why Allah doesn’t give us what we want in “ready to use” form, but just give us opportunity to get what we want. If Allah always give us what we want in “ready to use” form, we would be lazy. Imagine if you want to get a job. You just make dua and stay at home, then a business owner come and give you a good job. If you want to have a wife. You just make dua and stay at home, then a father come and offer his daughter to you. With easiness like this, you would be lazy to do an effort, don’t you?.

Allah always answer our dua, but we often not aware when the answer is coming. Imagine if I ignored the feeling that I should visit my mother. I would not meet my uncle, would not sell Eid parcel, would not have money in Eid.

Your dua always reaches Allah, and Allah always answer you dua, but usually not in the form that you want. This is why you didn't realize it and regard that Allah never answer your dua.

chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother, after reading your few quite similar threads, this story came to my mind:

Barbers don´t exist

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: “I don’t believe that God exists.”

“Why do you say that?” asked the customer.

“Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn’t exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can’t imagine a loving a God who would allow all of these things.”

The customer thought for a moment, but didn’t respond because he didn’t want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt.

The customer turned back and entered the barbershop again and he said to the barber: “You know what? Barbers do not exist.”

“How can you say that?” asked the surprised barber. “I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!”

“No!” the customer exclaimed. “Barbers don’t exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.”

“Ah, but barbers DO exist! The problem is that some people don’t come to me.”

“Exactly!” affirmed the customer. “The same thing is true of God.”

This is my answer to you.
    | Likes Umm Abed, Serinity, Mustafa16 liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was with him few months back, but HE rejected me. HE has been an unkind lord to me atleast.
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

NO NO NO NO, Don't let this make you hate Allah, and in the end reject Him.

I am willing to help...................... What do you need? What is troubling you? your exams?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~ View Post

Brother, there was once a time I was in so many trials and tribulations I was like a walking corpse. I had finished living.

But Alhamdulillah my Sabr and tawakkul in Allaah remained intact. I knew Allaah Loves his creation more than x70 than our mothers, and He wants only good for me. Even if I didn't feel it I believed it as this is what Islam teaches us.

Maybe the trials were a way of
    cleansing my sins? Raising my ranks? Punishing me? Allaahu Aalim.

But Alhamdulillaah a million times over, that I am in such a good place now () that I cannot thank Allaah enough. I have learnt to be HAPPY when in pain, because of this very strong hadith I have come acrossL

Jabir (RadiAllaahu Anhu) narrated that the Prophet said:"On the Day of Judgement, when the people who were tried (in this world) are given their rewards, the people who were pardoned (in life), will wish that their skins had been cut off with scissors while they were in the world."
    [Jami At Tirmidhi]

- S A B R -
    I know we have to have sabr.

So the reason why all this bad happens is because we don't turn to Him? I believe that Allah is the one who wills good and bad to happen, cuz nothing can happen except that Allah wills it. So how do I know whether Allah wills good for me? I guess my mindset is wrong.

But I don't know what Allah intends for me, but isn't it soo if I think good of Allah, Allah will do good to me? So Allah is to us how we think of Him?
    Last edited by Serinity; 04-05-2016 at 05:10 PM.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Do our prayers reach Allah ? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do our prayers reach Allah ?