star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

my Last post on this forum for good

Report bad ads?

I am recently experiencing alot of up and downs in my emaan. Alot of the times I have said Kufrana statements. However, I believe that the test is over for you guys.

Just assure me that ALLAH is in control of my life. Assure me that all the good and bad happens from Allah and there is goodness in everything. This will allow me see the seemingly bad thing as good.

Any personal stories will be preferred and assurance of Allah is in control of even bad things in life for ultimate goodness will be preffered.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umm Abed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    On A Mission
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: my Last post on this forum for good

Maybe you can share your personal experiences as to how the change began.

Which specific aspects have you concentrated on to bring change in you?

Thanks.
    | Likes ReboundMuslimah liked this post
    chat Quote

smallkid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I noticed how much my emaan fluctuated by the kind of news that I was getting from the external environment and how much influenced I am by what people say.

This made me think differently. I am also yet to figure out the purpose of life. I mean youcan earn alot but theres a limit to utility or enjoyment. Also you can pray alot and strive for aakhirah but if you do not achieve anything in this world or fame what have you lived a life for. I really cant fugure out why are we in this world when we are so different in personalities and achievements. I
    chat Quote

Umm Abed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    On A Mission
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thanks for your reply, smallkid.

It is a known fact that your environment and company has a big effect on a person and especially if the imaan is weak and surroundings are bad then it will have a negative effect more profoundly.

The purpose of life is to worship Allah swt as is mentioned in the Qur'an, and work towards the akhirah, because that is our final abode, not this world.

That is the system in the world that Allah has made everyone different and each one has their own tests to go through.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know all sorts of people with all sorts of experiences.

People that have been through the same things and have it end differently.

People that live carelessly and those that are cautious.. Not always playing out as you would assume.

Alhamdulillah.. If you want someone else to take responsibility for your life,

Then your in the wrong place.

Half the time you would wonder why people do as they do and the other half why you were deserving of any of it.

There is no denying Allah swt.. For those with any knowledge or without.

He alone knows our hearts.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 04-08-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    | Likes MuslimInshallah, sister herb liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want to end a near-engagement because I think the girls paternal relatives are way below us in financial status, education level, and are too simple or unrefined in terms of how they should behave in the class or living standard. In our culture you have to associate alot with them. So please let me know if Allah will not hold me accountable or bring bad things in my life because of this. I have nothing against her maternal relatives or the girl. However, in our culture you dont just marry the girl, you marry the entire family. So please let me know if I can do that for my lifelong happiness without fearing any reproach from Allah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Even my close friends will make fun of me that an MBA with textile mills running under him has to settle for them. May Allah give them a better match but I will not be able to live a life like that.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

O_o .... +_+....

:| ... °-° .....

......and then the fight started??

No I'm kidding.. But not really. Love is hard work.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 04-08-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No this is not the fight. This just self realization. My happiness should matter the most. I am pretty firm on that now.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unfortunately I am not the ib agony uncle..

I can't tell you how to live and your elders can only suggest.. Probably..

Your choices ma mayn.

Makes a change from the parents won't marry you off scenario..

One day you will probably have kids of your own.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 04-08-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by smallkid View Post
    I want to end a near-engagement because I think the girls paternal relatives are way below us in financial status, education level, and are too simple or unrefined in terms of how they should behave in the class or living standard. In our culture you have to associate alot with them. So please let me know if Allah will not hold me accountable or bring bad things in my life because of this. I have nothing against her maternal relatives or the girl. However, in our culture you dont just marry the girl, you marry the entire family. So please let me know if I can do that for my lifelong happiness without fearing any reproach from Allah.
    My closeness with the girl who then became my wife happened because pity. I met her in highschool. Then I visited her home, and surprised when I saw, she was poor. She lived in very small house with only two small bed rooms for ten people!. That's why then when she wanted to have something and told me, I always bought for her. Even I paid her study cost in computer course after she told me that she was sad because her friends could continue study after graduate from highschool, while she was must stay at home. Her parents were too poor to pay her study cost. And the computer course that I paid could make her got a good job and help her family.

Just like in your culture, in my culture, if a man marries a woman, he marries the woman's entire family. But I didn't regard it as problem. I myself came from wealthy family. But since I was kid I have been taught to not differentiate people from social class.

Love doesn't recognize social class, love doesn't recognize difference.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In my case, theres no love. It is an arranged one. However, the final decision depends on me. Is there any dua or istikhara to solve the situation so that no body feels bad, and Allah provides both the families with better than each other ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by smallkid View Post
    My happiness should matter the most. I am pretty firm on that now.
    Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the further it flies away.

The best way to find happiness, is when you make others happy. All the tv adverts about having what we want now, just make us selfish.

In the spirit of striving to do the will of God,

Eric
    | Likes hassan_hassib, Umm Abed, ardianto, LaSorcia liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you ardianto;

My closeness with the girl who then became my wife happened because pity. I met her in highschool. Then I visited her home, and surprised when I saw, she was poor. She lived in very small house with only two small bed rooms for ten people!. That's why then when she wanted to have something and told me, I always bought for her. Even I paid her study cost in computer course after she told me that she was sad because her friends could continue study after graduate from highschool, while she was must stay at home. Her parents were too poor to pay her study cost. And the computer course that I paid could make her got a good job and help her family.

Just like in your culture, in my culture, if a man marries a woman, he marries the woman's entire family. But I didn't regard it as problem. I myself came from wealthy family. But since I was kid I have been taught to not differentiate people from social class.

Love doesn't recognize social class, love doesn't recognize difference.
    You are an inspiration to us all.

Blessings

Eric
    | Likes Umm Abed, ardianto, noraina liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the further it flies away.

The best way to find happiness, is when you make others happy. All the tv adverts about having what we want now, just make us selfish.

In the spirit of striving to do the will of God,

Eric
    I totally agree Eric, the illusion of this life and at the same time the more we try to achieve what we want the more we get frustrated , happiness is temporary so we get frustrated so we need to achieve more so we can happy with ourselves, otherwise Allah created us human and made us his best creations even better than angels, I think we should work on ourselves and our hearts to purify them from those modern values " happiness, success, achievements, challenges", yet the words are innocents but they are related nowadays to a mode of life of famous people, of Materialism, of DUNIA.
    | Likes Eric H, Umm Abed, ardianto liked this post
    chat Quote

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the further it flies away. The best way to find happiness, is when you make others happy. All the tv adverts about having what we want now, just make us selfish.
    I normally agree with everything that you say ERIC H, but I disagree with you on this one completely.

I am now following what TV adverts and the media say about happiness.

All my life, I have done things and tried to make others happy and where has it got me? Absolutely nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I don't do good / kind things to get something back, but the concept of "make others happy and it will make you happy" is not true from where I am stood (well sitting actually).
    | Likes Serinity, ReboundMuslimah, Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Firstly:

1. Keep away from people who joke about Allah.
    2. Keep away from people who joke about Islam, or anything prohibited in Islam.

Search Allah, be careful for whom you befriend. They may either:

A. Destroy your akhira, make you heedless, etc.

B. It will build your akhira, etc.
    | Likes hisnameiszzz, hassan_hassib liked this post
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz View Post
    I normally agree with everything that you say ERIC H, but I disagree with you on this one completely.

I am now following what TV adverts and the media say about happiness.

All my life, I have done things and tried to make others happy and where has it got me? Absolutely nowhere. Don't get me wrong, I don't do good / kind things to get something back, but the concept of "make others happy and it will make you happy" is not true from where I am stood (well sitting actually).
    You can feel happiness only if your heart is open to feel the happiness.

I know that you have many problems. Unfortunately it makes you convince yourself that your life is unhappy. And unconsciously it seal your heart. That's why you cannot feel a happiness.

If you realize that you still can feel a happiness although you have many problems, In Shaa Allah, your heart will be open, and you can feel a happiness.

| Likes hassan_hassib, LaSorcia liked this post
    chat Quote

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh I do feel happiness. A lot. My nephews and niece came over yesterday and they rushed in shouting my name asking where I was. At times like that, all my worries disappear and I am literally in heaven.

I will be happy tomorrow too. I work in two different offices. They don't send me to one office much so when I go there tomorrow I will be able to catch up with my colleagues there. That fills me with happiness because they all message me saying they miss me.

I'm also filled with happiness when I give charity. I don't have much money but it's the thought of giving starving people food and trying to do good that fills me with joy and happiness.

I wish I could just move out with my family or the people next door all died or moved out, so I am not constantly harassed by them. It takes over your life. It really does.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    ~ Sabr ~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We have given you stories and lots of examples in your other threads - if you can't see them then you need to open your eyes.

“Indeed the patient will be given their reward without account.” :love:
    { Qur’aan, Chapter 39, Verse 10 }
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! my Last post on this forum for good Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. my Last post on this forum for good