× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 5 of 5 visibility 1636

Hoping to be happy? Become healthy

GINGERBEARDMAN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...ecome-healthy/

One thing which seriously needs addressing in our communities, aside from our seemingly inherent inability to arrive in time for anything, is the attention we fail to pay to the second greatest gift bestowed upon us by our Creator, namely, our health. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “Ask Allah for forgiveness and health, for after being granted certainty, one is given nothing better than health.”1 Yet statistics show that ethnic minorities, in particular South-east Asian men and women, have shockingly higher rates of angina, heart attacks and strokes than the overall general population. Diabetes is also a big issue, particularly amongst Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian and Black Caribbean people 2.

Our health is an amānah (trust) from our Lord, one which will be questioned about on the Day of Judgement. Yet we fail to appreciate the beauty of this blessing and constantly abuse the rights our bodies have over us. It is vital to remember that good health is not limited to our physical well-being, rather it should be viewed holistically, extending beyond the exoteric to encompass our emotional and spiritual health also...

Full Article linked at the top of the post

FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    AyserMuhammad's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hoping to be happy? Become healthy

I agree, Masha'Allah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you GINGERBEARDMAN; thanks for sharing,

We are all in need of forgiveness, but the question of health is a tricky one for me, as I am now approach the time in my life when death seems more probable.

A few years ago, I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma, this was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. I prayed for the wisdom, strength, peace and serenity to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.
    Cancer can be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests, but the prayer to do God’s will sort of handed the problem to God, and I have never had to worry. At the age of 67, the prayer for healing was too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go, I can imagine most people with cancer would pray for healing, and many still die.
    I could not imagine this sense of peace without a faith and trust in God.

Here is a story I copied from this forum some time ago, sadly I forgot to copy who posted it originally

Once Nabi Musa had a very bad stomachache. So he prayed to God. God told him to get the leaves from a certain plant, boil the leaves and drink the brew. He did as he was told. His stomachache was healed. Some time later, he had the same ailment. Again he prayed to God for succor. Again he was told to do the same thing which he did with the same good result. The third time he had the same stomachache, without praying to God, he went ahead to get the leaves, boiled them and drank the brew. To no avail. Then he begged God to tell him why it didn't work as before. God told him that the failure resulted from his belief that it was the leaves, and not God, that healed his stomachache. God and only God alone has the power to make things happen.

In the spirit of praying for the help to do the will of God.

Eric
    | Likes noraina, ardianto, MuslimInshallah liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unfortunately, usually the only time when we realize the happiness of being healthy is when we get sick.
    | Likes noraina, Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you GINGERBEARDMAN; thanks for sharing,

We are all in need of forgiveness, but the question of health is a tricky one for me, as I am now approach the time in my life when death seems more probable.

A few years ago, I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma, this was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. I prayed for the wisdom, strength, peace and serenity to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.
    Cancer can be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests, but the prayer to do God’s will sort of handed the problem to God, and I have never had to worry. At the age of 67, the prayer for healing was too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go, I can imagine most people with cancer would pray for healing, and many still die.
    I could not imagine this sense of peace without a faith and trust in God.

Here is a story I copied from this forum some time ago, sadly I forgot to copy who posted it originally

Once Nabi Musa had a very bad stomachache. So he prayed to God. God told him to get the leaves from a certain plant, boil the leaves and drink the brew. He did as he was told. His stomachache was healed. Some time later, he had the same ailment. Again he prayed to God for succor. Again he was told to do the same thing which he did with the same good result. The third time he had the same stomachache, without praying to God, he went ahead to get the leaves, boiled them and drank the brew. To no avail. Then he begged God to tell him why it didn't work as before. God told him that the failure resulted from his belief that it was the leaves, and not God, that healed his stomachache. God and only God alone has the power to make things happen.

In the spirit of praying for the help to do the will of God.

Eric
    Interesting. So God's will together with our action. Indeed, things happen only by the Will and help of God.

There is not a thing that can help you, except by the will of God.

Just shows that we can't do a thing except by the will and permission of Allah. I could not be able to move a finger, if Allah willed me not to.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Hoping to be happy? Become healthy Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hoping to be happy? Become healthy