Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How to respond to "You guys hate gay people"

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikum
    I don't exactly know in which section I should make this thread.So let it be in "General".
    I recently had a conversation with a non-Muslim sister who said "I hate religious people."
    When I asked the reason,She said: "You guys hate gay people"
    I don't know how to respond to it.
    Please help.
    Thank You.
    Assalamu Alaikum.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Muslim Woman's Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    Super Moderator
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: How to respond to "You guys hate gay people"

you don't have to impress atheists. Just say , God created us and He did not approve it . So , we hate to see how gay people disobey God . By supporting them , u are pushing them in to hell fire and by opposing them , we are trying to save them .
    We don't want to see gay people burn in fire . If atheists don't like ur ans , don't bother .
    | Likes noraina, sister herb, Aaqib liked this post

Christ will never be proud to reject to be a slave to God .....holy Quran, chapter Women , 4: 172

recitation:http://quran.jalisi.com
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well let's see

Marriage in Islam is what allows a woman and a man to become involved sexually.

Marriage is the atom of a community. Composed of two sides that are attracted to each other and facilitate the creation of more particles for the growth of a community.

A man and a man cannot conceive.
    A woman and a woman cannot conceive.

Therefore they are not able to create more particles for forming atoms that are part of a community. Yes I understand that not all women or all men are able to conceive and some might be born infertile or experience infertility. However these are the exceptions. A woman requires semen to create a child in uterus. And semen cannot create a child without the egg. See how the two form each other?

Since sexual interaction between genders is not permissible without marriage, then all sexual interaction outside of marriage is thus not permissible. People confuse "gay" with people who express and act on sexual impulses towards the same sex.

Under the definition of what is assumed to be a queer person. Is that their defining aspects are just sexual inter course. But gays come in many forms. I heard somewhere that loving someone who is of the same sex that is not your family is considered a gay thing. Lol by that definition I am a complete lesbian because I love my sisters in Islam and like to spend time with them. However western society assumes that those who love the same sex are actually gay. I know that if I go outside holding the hand of my friends and hug them and give them kisses as I do in private, people assume you are sexually involved. And thus are "gay".

Ask her what is her definition of gay and what makes someone "gay". If she says sexual involvement. Tell her Islam does not permit sexual involvement outside of marriage. If she says why "gays" cannot be married then tell her men and men cannot make babies, women and women cannot make babies. Marriage as an institute is to protect offspring from being abused, neglected or abandoned while assigning rights and responsibilities to both parents for the children that they bring into this world. If she asks why can't gay Muslims adopt a child and raise her / him. Tell her that Muslims are not allowed to adopt children or change their names or prevent them from knowing who their father and mother are. Secondly that it would be unfair for a child to be given to a family when the child had no decision to choose that family in the first place. Third, if she says that children do not have a choice to whom they are born into, tell her that yes this might be the case but the child was born from the semen and the egg of their parent not from a document transferring possession of said child. The father is mahram to the daughter and the son is always a mahram to his mother. This is not possible with people who are not related at all. Fourth if the person said why can't the child have artificial insemination, tell them that this is not natural and the child will be deprived of knowing their own father. Children must know who their parents are.
    Last edited by Bhabha; 04-25-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    | Likes noraina liked this post

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So in short. It is not hate for a person, but dislike for actions that are considered abominations in Islam.

As the sister above said.

ANY Sexual intercourse outside of marriage is forbidden (since sodomy is not something women to women do....)

And sodomy as in the case of men to men, or men to women is an abomination because it is unhygienic, harmful to the composition of the sphincter, harmful if it goes inside other areas AND sodomy has been known to lead to random vowel movements and emission of gases amongst other things, thus making it incredibly difficult to maintain whudhu and cleanliness throughout the day required as a Muslim in general.

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    eesa the kiwi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman View Post

you don't have to impress atheists. Just say , God created us and He did not approve it . So , we hate to see how gay people disobey God . By supporting them , u are pushing them in to hell fire and by opposing them , we are trying to save them .
    We don't want to see gay people burn in fire . If atheists don't like ur ans , don't bother .
    Well said jazak Allah khair
    | Likes noraina, Muslim Woman liked this post

“Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah"
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Say it is condemned by Allah, as it goes against the natural state Allah created us in. So therefore we hate it, and it is a great sin.
    | Likes Bhabha, noraina, Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A valid point is, it is not the people which are hated, but the sin. If anyone, whatever their past may be and whatever they have done, if they repent and never commit that sin again they will be forgiven. We have no right to 'hate' anyone - we hate the action though and warn against it, to guide others and save them.

Homosexuality is condemned in the Quran numerous times, subhanAllah the story of the Prophet Lut (AS) is so powerful, there is no denying how wrong it is. And if you want to take religion out of this, say it is unnatural and unproductive - many bang on about evolution and natural selection so if these types of relationships are encouraged, in an evolutionary sense it is a disadvantage because no offspring are produced.

Actually, that person took the utterly wrong approach. As I said, people are not hated, but the crime is - and it isn't productive of her to say that she hate all religious people to you, such sweeping generalisations neither lead to healthy debates nor increased understanding. It would have been better for her to ask, 'Why is your stance on homosexuality like this? I don't understand, or I don't agree at all.'
    | Likes Muslim Woman, Aaqib, Search liked this post

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - How to respond to "You guys hate gay people"

chat Quote

Umar Ibn Farooq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SHO View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum
    I don't exactly know in which section I should make this thread.So let it be in "General".
    I recently had a conversation with a non-Muslim sister who said "I hate religious people."
    Please help.
    Thank You.
    Assalamu Alaikum.
    We do hate them. We only live to please Allah. Enjoin good and forbid evil. There is no other message.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina View Post
    A valid point is, it is not the people which are hated, but the sin. If anyone, whatever their past may be and whatever they have done, if they repent and never commit that sin again they will be forgiven. We have no right to 'hate' anyone - we hate the action though and warn against it, to guide others and save them.

Homosexuality is condemned in the Quran numerous times, subhanAllah the story of the Prophet Lut (AS) is so powerful, there is no denying how wrong it is. And if you want to take religion out of this, say it is unnatural and unproductive - many bang on about evolution and natural selection so if these types of relationships are encouraged, in an evolutionary sense it is a disadvantage because no offspring are produced.

Actually, that person took the utterly wrong approach. As I said, people are not hated, but the crime is - and it isn't productive of her to say that she hate all religious people to you, such sweeping generalisations neither lead to healthy debates nor increased understanding. It would have been better for her to ask, 'Why is your stance on homosexuality like this? I don't understand, or I don't agree at all.'
    Oh please, the wife of lut (AS) was cursed and punished by Allah for supporting gays yet you think we not hating them is not enough of a stance? We hate them. The Muslim brothers and sisters that are trying to get out of it, that is a different story and only Allah can be with them. The rest, send them to hell.

May Allah's curse be with these filthy animals. It is all a mental illness
    Last edited by Umar Ibn Farooq; 04-25-2016 at 02:14 PM.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina View Post

Wallahi your version of Islam is not Islam. It is a moderated version. Come back to the true tawheed and sacrifice for Allah's sake, sister. The peaceful Islam which most moderate Muslims display isn't Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umar Ibn Farooq View Post
    Wallahi your version of Islam is not Islam. It is a moderated version. Come back to the true tawheed and sacrifice for Allah's sake, sister. The peaceful Islam which most moderate Muslims display isn't Islam.
    You have no right to judge anyone. Only اللهُ has the right to judge.

Islam is peace. It is not aggression or hatred. It is justice and not bigotry. You go back to the essentials of what Islam is and stop casting judgements on things only اللهُ is able to judge.
    | Likes noraina, sister herb, Search liked this post

ต( ິᵒ̴̶̷̤ ﻌ ᵒ̴̶̷̤ )ິ ♬

chat Quote

BeTheChange's Avatar Moderator
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SHO View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum
    Please help.
    Thank You.
    Assalamu Alaikum.
    Walaikumasalaam,

I would respond by advising we hate the sin and not the sinner.

Jazahka Allah.
    | Likes noraina, sister herb liked this post

Pain and hardships allow you to grow spiritually Alhamdulilah so smile when a so called calamity befalls upon you.
    Alhamdulilah Allah swt is the greatest.
    chat Quote

anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well young people dont go into detail so much

But my question is different. In sharia law the punishment of homosexuality is death. I havent seen this in Quran. There is a hadith which tells it. So is it right to take hadith over Quran to make such serious ruling?

“Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi
    chat Quote

Hamza :)'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Well young people dont go into detail so much

But my question is different. In sharia law the punishment of homosexuality is death. I havent seen this in Quran. There is a hadith which tells it. So is it right to take hadith over Quran to make such serious ruling?
    First off, I don't know whether it's not mentioned in the Quran or the hadith (or wherever). As in I don't possess knowledge about it.

Second, if there is a hadith, then Allah ta'aala Himself in many places in the Quran orders us to follow Rasoolullah sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam. How is it then 'taking hadith over Quran'? You make it seem like the hadith somewhat contradicts the Quran? If the Quran doesn't say anything about a matter, generally speaking (not talking about homosexuality in particular), then we look in to the hadith, then ijma then qiyaas. This is how it works.

Kaash wo pal paida hee na ho
    jis pal main nazr tu naa aye
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lol, I personally don't find a need to hate gay people,

All I know is that Christianity and Islam are both against homosexuality.. Not sure about Judaism.

..but I'm not homosexual so I'm ok.

Although to put it into perspective Islam only a little less harsher with straight people.. Behold, the closet straight people!

..it's the same reason why people do not fornicate, drink alcohol or gamble..

Probably?

God does not like any of the above either.. In fact the punishment for fornicating is probably as bad as homosexuality.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 04-25-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    chat Quote

anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :) View Post
    First off, I don't know whether it's not mentioned in the Quran or the hadith (or wherever). As in I don't possess knowledge about it.

Second, if there is a hadith, then Allah ta'aala Himself in many places in the Quran orders us to follow Rasoolullah sallAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam. How is it then 'taking hadith over Quran'? You make it seem like the hadith somewhat contradicts the Quran? If the Quran doesn't say anything about a matter, generally speaking (not talking about homosexuality in particular), then we look in to the hadith, then ijma then qiyaas. This is how it works.
    Salam bro. I dont make it seem like the hadith somewhat contradicts the Quran. A hadith must not contradict Quran. A hadith which contradicts Quran is of course a false hadith. However, people take false hadiths over Quran just because they are in certain hadith collections. The prophet himself says that if you hear something from him which contradicts Quran it is not from him.

Quran talks about homosexuality and regards it as an awful thing but doesnt give us a specific punishment for it. The closest punishment is one hundred lashes for the adulterer.

Quran 24:2 "(As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement."

Ibn 'Abbas (RAA) narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
    "Whoever you find doing as the people of Lot did (i.e. homosexuality), kill the one who does it and the one to whom it is done, and if you find anyone having sexual intercourse with animal, kill him and kill the animal." Related by Ahmad and the four Imams with a trustworthy chain of narrators.

Actually the punishment mentioned in the above hadith exists in Torah/Tawrat. I dont claim specifically that this is a false hadith but I just question it since it is not mentioned in Quran.
    Last edited by anatolian; 04-25-2016 at 07:25 PM.

“Either seem as you are or be as you seem” Rumi
    chat Quote

SHO's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum,
    to give you more idea,I'm quoting the whole conversation.

She: I hate religeous people
    I :
    Why?
    She :
    You guys hate gay people and ****
    I:
    Oh,is that the reason?
    I hope you have no other reason,do you?
    I hope its not because you think that we Muslims are 'terrorists'.
    She:
    No just that they oppress woman and dont like gay people
    I:
    "Oppress women"?
    Oh,you don't have any idea about how Islam treats women.
    Islam is the religion which treats women in the best way.You can understand it if you study about it properly.
    If you have any doubts,ask me.I will try my level best to clear your doubts,If God Wills.
    May God guide you.
    See,you have all these misconceptions because you grew up listening to the Western media,which spreads lies about Islam,and blames Islam for the crimes of some name-sake Muslims,and turns blind against the crimes of other people.
    The first ever word revealed in the Holy Qur'an is "Read".
    Yeah,read,gain Knowledge,avoid your ignorance,avoid misconceptions.
    That's it,if you have any doubts,don't hesitate to ask.
    She:
    Whats so bad about gay people

(and now my response is pending)

I'm trying to prepare a response myself using the infogiven by you,I will show you,InshaAllah.

chat Quote

Hamza :)'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FreedomStands View Post
    She sounds kind of annoying. Is she at least pretty?
    What does this have to do with anything?
    | Likes sister herb, Search, SHO liked this post

Kaash wo pal paida hee na ho
    jis pal main nazr tu naa aye
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FreedomStands View Post
    She sounds kind of annoying. Is she at least pretty?
    We are all things to all people.. It's when you try to be anything different that you struggle.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Ineed Umar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I don't have rights to say anything against anyone I only pray that may Allah make all people in tw world his followers.

But if she can say I hate religious people because of they hate gays then I too have the right to say I hate western people cause they caused so many warfares. Don't take this literally I don't hate all westerns.

On the point. Certain people hate science as how many of its creations go against nature. So similar ways gays to go against nature that is why we do not accept their behaviour. Besides Gay activities are unacceptable but if someone is gay and represses his feelings for Allah I think he may get a good reward from Allah swt. It clearly states gay people are not hated only their activities in bed and stuff. ..

About women being oppressed. .... Just look at Arabia before islam. They used to sell Daughters. After islam situation got A LOT better. I know, certain countries like KSA do ristrict women in many ways but it is cultural not Islamic Imo. As in many muslim countries women can drive too!
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! How to respond to "You guys hate gay people" Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. How to respond to "You guys hate gay people"