Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Having more than one wife in Islam..

Report bad ads?

Asalamu Alaikum:

Yes I know Islam allows men to have more than one wife but what are the rules and conditions?? Let's say he's getting everything from first wife she is completing all his needs but he wants to marry someone else just coz of his desires his high sex drive is it permissible to marry again just because of that reason?? First wives emotions and sacrifices are not considered?

2. Report bad ads?
    Kiro's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Having more than one wife in Islam..

format_quote Originally Posted by Regrets1 View Post
    Asalamu Alaikum:

Yes I know Islam allows men to have more than one wife but what are the rules and conditions?? Let's say he's getting everything from first wife she is completing all his needs but he wants to marry someone else just coz of his desires his high sex drive is it permissible to marry again just because of that reason?? First wives emotions and sacrifices are not considered?
    wswrb

it is, it is better to be chaste then not to be chaste

Allah knows best

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamu Alaikum:

Never would I allow my future husband to even look at another women let alone marry one. It's just extremely selfish for a man to have more than one wife when you provide him with everything he needs.
    | Likes LaSorcia liked this post

Regrets1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    wswrb

it is, it is better to be chaste then not to be chaste

Allah knows best
    No woman would wanna share her husband..so can she ask for divorce if her husband having second wife is torturing her?? The woman has to and does think of everyone so is not mans responsibility to make sure his wife And children are happy?? Coz 2nd marriage does effect the whole family including kids so is it important that he completes his needs with first wife and lower his gaze outside? In this case I'm saying he gets everything from first wife but he's been looking at other women which makes him want to get intimate with them

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess View Post
    Never would I allow my future husband to even look at another women let alone marry one. It's just extremely selfish for a man to have more than one wife when you provide him with everything he needs.
    Exactly. A man cannot even have someone look at his wife but he can go having more than one wife. It was different in prophets (pbuh) time and I respect that I'm not against it or anything coz in some cases it should be allowed BUT if it's just for his desires then it is just a selfish act why would he run after someone else when his wife is doing everything to please him

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

your difficulty in accepting polygamy lies in your weakness or lack of clarity or wisdom to see. Polygamy requires great Imaan, and sacrifice.

So don't blame polygamy, as Allah SWT allowed it.

Don't talk without knowledge, lest you say wrong.

May Allah SWT forgive us for whatever we say of wrong. Ameen.

And Allah SWT knows best.
    | Likes Sister101, Misbah0411 liked this post

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exactly. A man cannot even have someone look at his wife but he can go having more than one wife. It was different in prophets (pbuh) time and I respect that I'm not against it or anything coz in some cases it should be allowed BUT if it's just for his desires then it is just a selfish act why would he run after someone else when his wife is doing everything to please him
    Because he is selfish, he is not willing to compromise even a little of his sexual desires. Tell him straight that if he seeks another women you'll divorce him. I'd personally give him an ultimatum, me or a different wife. If he leaves you then clearly he didn't love you as much as he proclaimed and if he does choose you then he will just have to accept only having one wife. It is also extremely unhygienic to have multiple sex partners, ugh makes my skin crawl thinking about it.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Because he is selfish, he is not willing to compromise even a little of his sexual desires. Tell him straight that if he seeks another women you'll divorce him. I'd personally give him an ultimatum, me or a different wife. If he leaves you then clearly he didn't love you as much as he proclaimed and if he does choose you then he will just have to accept only having one wife. It is also extremely unhygienic to have multiple sex partners, ugh makes my skin crawl thinking about it.
    Watch your mouth. Polygamy is permissible in Islam.

And it is your own preconcieved thoughts that make you think like this. The Prophet Muhammad SAW practiced polygamy, so did the sahabahs, r.a. They were great men.

And Allah SWT knows best.
    | Likes Sister101, Misbah0411 liked this post

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just saying....polygamy threads have a colourful (and tragic) history on Islamic forums.

Perhaps we should make a polygamy sticky, and write down all the rulings and conditions and terms of polygamy?
    Having more than one wife in Islam..

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Having more than one wife in Islam..

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am not married sis, asking on behalf of someone. Answer she gets is "Islam allows it" there are many other things Islam allows why don't men follow them?? (Not saying they don't some do MashAllah) but most focus on this topic. in this day and age there are so many diseases what if catches it off and passes it to his wife??
    I know someone who did love marriage they were happily married then the husband married someone else coz he "fell in love with her" so they can go falling in love with anyone and everyone? He takes them both out together says he treats them both same whenever one is pregnant he gets the other one pregnant too, is that what "treating them equally means" that you make them both pregnant?? And guess what he doesn't work he's on benefits!!

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know women can have it hard with polygamy, but that does not justify your condemnation of polygamy.
    | Likes Sister101 liked this post

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brothers and sisters as Iv said b4 I know Islam allows it..but what are the rules and conditions? It's ok for him to let his wife suffer? Just coz he can't lower his gaze outside? She's completing all his needs I mean everything he says she doesn't lack anything but he wants to get intimate with someone else??

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

He takes them both out together says he treats them both same whenever one is pregnant he gets the other one pregnant too, is that what "treating them equally means" that you make them both pregnant?? And guess what he doesn't work he's on benefits!!
    Not sure if troll or not

Regardless, there is no doubt it's allowed, but question is whether your "friend" wants to be with someone who acts on polygamy? Not every Muslim man exercises this, some just have one wife and give her 100% of his love and care Others are selfish and want to "spread the love" and it can be extremely hard to accept for the other wives. Impossible to accept in fact.

It would be impossible for me to accept my man with another women, I'd kill him... (figuratively) :P

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Okay let's put it this way..for the mans "happiness" the wife should accept him getting married again? Right?? So he's happy...why can't men do same and stay happy with one woman? But no they rather get married and do whatever while the first wife goes in depression! I love the prophet pbuh and sahabas & teachings, but no man can be like them right? So why don't they focus on other things and become better Muslims, why do they talk about Islam and prophet when it come to marrying again?? I guess people just take advantage..

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not sure if troll or not

Regardless, there is no doubt it's allowed, but question is whether your "friend" wants to be with someone who acts on polygamy? Not every Muslim man exercises this, some just have one wife and give her 100% of his love and care Others are selfish and want to "spread the love" and it can be extremely hard to accept for the other wives. Impossible to accept in fact.

It would be impossible for me to accept my man with another women, I'd kill him... (figuratively) :P
    lol wallahi not a troll. He obviously doesn't keep them under one roof but that's the truth he's got two wives took them both on holiday together also. Well she has told him not to get married again but he's trying to convince her

Kiro's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No woman would wanna share her husband..so can she ask for divorce if her husband having second wife is torturing her?? The woman has to and does think of everyone so is not mans responsibility to make sure his wife And children are happy?? Coz 2nd marriage does effect the whole family including kids so is it important that he completes his needs with first wife and lower his gaze outside? In this case I'm saying he gets everything from first wife but he's been looking at other women which makes him want to get intimate with them
    Men and women are different so what they want is different and men seem to loove women generally speaking

anyway, the husband has to do a very good job at treating his wives equally so for example if one goes on holiday then he has to take the other on holiday
    you could always ask him to take things that temporary reduce his sex drive

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I never committed polygamy during my married life because I knew that my wife would not happy if I commit polygamy, and I didn't want to make her unhappy.

Unfortunately not every man is like me. There are men who still commit polygamy although they know it would hurt their wives heart.
    | Likes Kiro, Regrets1 liked this post

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not sure if troll or not

That is your preconcieved thought.

To you, prob, any man who practices polygamy is selfish. Which is not true.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    I never committed polygamy during my married life because I knew that my wife would not happy if I commit polygamy, and I didn't want to make her unhappy.

Unfortunately not every man is like me. There are men who still commit polygamy although they know it would hurt their wives heart.
    SubhanAllah. There should be more men with such thinking.
    | Likes Kiro liked this post

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Look, don't make it sound like those who practice polygamy are bad people, they are not. By that you'd say the Prophet SAW, etc. are, audhu billah, bad. May Allah SWT protect us.

So no, those who practice it are NOT bad, polygamy is a sunnah.
    | Likes Sister101 liked this post

26. Hide
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Having more than one wife in Islam.. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Having more than one wife in Islam..