Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is it blackmail

Report bad ads?

salamu alaykum.

My parents left me and my sister money for us to spend while they are abroad and my sister is taking care of me. I am 13 and she is 18 and I want to know if it's blackmail for my sister not to give me any of the money if I don't do the chores? All she does is cook for me but I have to do the laundry, washing up, hoovering, mopping, changing the bed sheets. By not giving me any money unless I do these things, is it blackmail? My mother never asks me to clean or do anything so I feel like my sister is taking advantage of me.

What do you think?

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is it blackmail

I think that your bigger sister is a great sister. Doing household works you will learn to take care about your own mess in the future. Do you expect that your sister would do all the work? She is your sister, not your servant.

Maybe you are a big enough to do something for your food and money, not a baby any more.
    | Likes LaSorcia liked this post
    Is it blackmail

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaikum salam,

you can cook eggs. Very yummy. But do you fast? And Allah SWT knows best.

Goku_u's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post
    Wa alaikum salam,

you can cook eggs. Very yummy. But do you fast? And Allah SWT knows best.
    Of course I fast. I don't like to cook so she cooks for me when my parents are away and she will cook when we break fast together.

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I think that your bigger sister is a great sister. Doing household works you will learn to take care about your own mess in the future. Do you expect that your sister would do all the work? She is your sister, not your servant.

Maybe you are a big enough to do something for your food and money, not a baby any more.
    and I would help with the chores but not if she says "do it or you won't get any money." she should ask me nicely and we should do half of the chores each. Not just she does the cooking and I do everything else.

6. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So be happy that she doesn´t put you to cook also.

This is a wrong place to complain what your sister do or what she should do. Talk to your parents and if they say that you have to do what your sister says, then do so. Doing work at home doesn´t kill you.
    | Likes EgyptPrincess, noraina liked this post
    Is it blackmail

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

Goku_u's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Account Restricted
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    So be happy that she doesn´t put you to cook also.

This is a wrong place to complain what your sister do or what she should do. Talk to your parents and if they say that you have to do what your sister says, then do so. Doing work at home doesn´t kill you.
    I can't cook but I'm not doing cooking as well! You're just siding with her because you're both girls so you take her side.

I am doing as she says, if I don't she won't give me any money so I have to. I'm allowed not to like it though

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Goku_u View Post
    I can't cook but I'm not doing cooking as well! You're just siding with her because you're both girls so you take her side.

I am doing as she says, if I don't she won't give me any money so I have to. I'm allowed not to like it though
    Stop complaining and do as you're told. You are not a man, you are not an adult, you are a child and you will obey your sister. There is a lot of work that goes into looking after someone and cooking every meal for them.

I also have a younger brother and an older sister and let me tell you my younger brother is a right pain in the backside and you sound just like him. I would smack you upside your head and tell you to grow up.
    | Likes sister herb, noraina liked this post

Helikido's Avatar Mobile Member
    brightness_1
    I'm on mobile
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

YOU ARE STILL CRYING ABOUT THIS!?!?!?! WHAT DID YOU TAKE FROM THE PREVIOUS CONVO WE HAD DUDE!?!?!?!
    | Likes noraina liked this post

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It sounds as if she is doing her fair share of the work as well. Just because you are a brother doesn't mean you can't do housework or chores.

Try to think of it from her point of view, she is managing the house on her own, and has to take care of you - I can imagine it being quite stressful for her, housework doesn't kill and she may be feeling that you are being unfair. And it would be great if she didn't even have to tell you what to do, you just did what you had to, and maybe even offer to cook for her one of the days. A little teamwork does wonders to the environment of your house.

And better still, discuss this instead with your sister and your parents. InshaAllah they would be able to sort this out better than we can.
    | Likes sister herb, muslimah_B liked this post
    Is it blackmail

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Is it blackmail

12. Report bad ads?
    Umm Abed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    On A Mission
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Goku_u View Post
    salamu alaykum.

My parents left me and my sister money for us to spend while they are abroad and my sister is taking care of me. I am 13 and she is 18 and I want to know if it's blackmail for my sister not to give me any of the money if I don't do the chores? All she does is cook for me but I have to do the laundry, washing up, hoovering, mopping, changing the bed sheets. By not giving me any money unless I do these things, is it blackmail? My mother never asks me to clean or do anything so I feel like my sister is taking advantage of me.

What do you think?
    Wa alaikum salam

I get what you'r saying. You feel that she's giving you too much work while she's doing less. In reality, cooking can be very tedious and tiring, more so than other housework, so that could be why she arranged the work in such a way that you do more housework while she does the cooking.

Remember this wont go on forever, when your parents return then everything will be back to normal. Try talking to your sister and come to a compromise, maybe both of you can do another task together, so it doesnt get too much on one person.

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No time for such things..

Obey her, and don't obey her if she calls you to disobey Allah SWT.

And Allah SWT knows best.

15. Hide
Hey there! Is it blackmail Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is it blackmail