star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Teaching them a lesson

Report bad ads?

Salam brother and sisters. I hope you are well and hope Ramadan is going well for you so far

Everything in the hands of Allah, no doubt. Allah knows the things we do not know and can only guide and protect us.

Unfortunately these days people get away with anything and it hurts the most when you know yourself you are a good human being, educated, strong, strict upbringing and do not cause trouble etc... - it hurts. It's like telling you that you are worthless and know nothing when you really do know a lot or telling you that you are something and you are not, know what I mean?

I feel like that certain people should learn their lesson in someway. I don't do revenge or anything of that nature but I still strongly feel that they should learn what they did was wrong, that maybe some justice or karma is served to them.

I feel so helpless. There must be a way, maybe even to pray with, to get such people to regret or be remorseful or have the same (or worse) punishment given to them for their wrong doings?

Thank you.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    *charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Teaching them a lesson

Walaikum Assalaam

Do you believe in "everything happens for a reason"?

Do you believe in the tests and tribulations of this world?

Do you believe that Allah is the MOST Just?

Do you understand the meaning of "sabrun jameel"?
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    Teaching them a lesson

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

lostsoul2016's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yes I do sister

it just seems so difficult and trying all i can to calm down and keep at bay. but at the same time, i want to know that justice has been served to them and soon.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That's Allah's swt job, not yours. So let it go. You're angry and that's understandable, but just have faith that it's in Allah's hands and judgement, and move on.

Whatever it is that happened to you could just be Allah's test for you, and was meant to happen.
    Teaching them a lesson

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree, its a test. no question and I thank Allah for the test.

i just wish that there was something that can be done sooner rather than later (from Allah) but nothing I can do except leave it in Allah's hands
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes exactly. May allah grant you patience bro. Ramadan mubarak.
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    Teaching them a lesson

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

ukmuslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you're being abused, then that is oppression and the dua of the oppressed in answered. So make dua and let Allah balance the scales.

Something that helps me, is to stop taking it personally. People are interchangable units, that are props used in this dunya to test you with or teach you lessons with. If it wasn't them it would be someone else in their place, because Allah wants to teach you something. When you see it that way, you see the bigger picture and things like revenge and karma become irrelevant. Because it's not about them, it's about you.
    | Likes Eric H, muslimah_B, 'abd al-hakeem, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you. that was nice

well its not really about being abused. lets say something happened to me (and I accept the punishment from Allah) but in how it happened and the which way it happened, just morally and ethically is unacceptable and they should know better. for this, this is why I want something "delivered" to them so they learn a lesson and remember. Again, only Allah can do this but for one sitting here... it is difficult
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you lostsoul,

Holding onto anger eats away at you. Anger is like picking up a burning coal, with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers you, and the person who gets burned the most is you. The longer you hold onto the burning coal of anger the hotter it becomes.

I listened to Glen tell his story, he had been signed up to play football with Leighton Orient, alongside David Beckham. He had an exciting life ahead of him, but he was stabbed in the back shortly after, he has now been paralysed from the waist down for the last 27 years. They caught the man who did this, he served four years in prison, he was then able to walk out of prison on his own two feet, and justice had been served.

By this time, Glen had learned to drive a disabled taxi, he learned where his assailant lived, and then stalked him with the intention of running him over. Glen said at that point he came to understand that true justice could not happen. Justice is not that two people should be crippled, rather, it is that neither of them should be crippled. He knew this could never happen, he came to understand that he had to let go of his hatred. If not, he would become worse than his assailant, because his actions would be premeditated.

He said he had to live with two diseases, being crippled, and the greater disease was the hate burning away inside him. Forgiveness and letting go of the hatred was a gradual process, his wheelchair has been a daily reminder of the past.

After we heard his story in Manchester Cathedral, we were asked to say a blessing and we were to keep in mind all the people that had hurt us, and who we had to forgive as we recited the words below..

Now may the peace of the Lord be with you, be with you

May the Lord bless you
    May the Lord keep you
    And may God's face shine upon you always
    And give you peace

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric
    | Likes LaSorcia, 'abd al-hakeem, greenhill liked this post
    Teaching them a lesson

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Indeed. "Revenge" solves nothing. What is the purpose of sentencing and what should go into it? Rehabilitation, yes. Creating an example to discourage others from the same action, yes. Vengeance? Never.
    | Likes Scimitar, Eric H, LaSorcia liked this post
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How come you stuck around with us for so long Pygo?

Scimi
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Teaching them a lesson

15noje9 1 - Teaching them a lesson
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar View Post
    How come you stuck around with us for so long Pygo?

Scimi
    Shhhh... Secret plot to steal your bonbons. Tasty tasty bonbons.
    | Likes LaSorcia, Scimitar, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    That's Allah's swt job, not yours. So let it go. You're angry and that's understandable, but just have faith that it's in Allah's hands and judgement, and move on.

Whatever it is that happened to you could just be Allah's test for you, and was meant to happen.
    Sometimes you do have to take matters into your own hands though and give em a reality check, a quick slap or a bit of a beat down. If it persists like bullying.
    Last edited by EgyptPrincess; 06-08-2016 at 01:14 AM.
    | Likes Umm Abed liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by EgyptPrincess View Post
    Sometimes you do have to take matters into your own hands though and give em a reality check, a quick slap or a bit of a beat down. If it persists like bullying.
    People who bully are only there to provoke a reaction. Biggest reality check is to not react in the way they expect you to

Although I have a feeling the brother isn't talking about being bullied. I'm almost sure it has to do with the girl who didn't want to be with him, and now he's feeling angry about it and wants to hurt her like she hurt him. In any case...best advice is to move on People get so hung up with their emotions and their brain stops working.
    | Likes greenhill liked this post
    Teaching them a lesson

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    'abd al-hakeem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lostsoul2016 View Post
    Salam brother and sisters. I hope you are well and hope Ramadan is going well for you so far

Everything in the hands of Allah, no doubt. Allah knows the things we do not know and can only guide and protect us.

Unfortunately these days people get away with anything and it hurts the most when you know yourself you are a good human being, educated, strong, strict upbringing and do not cause trouble etc... - it hurts. It's like telling you that you are worthless and know nothing when you really do know a lot or telling you that you are something and you are not, know what I mean?

I feel like that certain people should learn their lesson in someway. I don't do revenge or anything of that nature but I still strongly feel that they should learn what they did was wrong, that maybe some justice or karma is served to them.

I feel so helpless. There must be a way, maybe even to pray with, to get such people to regret or be remorseful or have the same (or worse) punishment given to them for their wrong doings?

Thank you.
    wa aleykum brother,

Alhamdulillah that you asked this question - I suffer from this very same thing, in essence.

Perhaps the only reason that I've found this question, when I found it, is because I have been struggling to find it's answer as well.

Jazakallahu khair to the one's who responded. I've been taught valuable lessons that I very much hope to be reminded of constantly. There were more than a few tears shed when the realisations kicked in regarding the truth of the matter and, in deed, my predicament.

The frightening reality is this - in Islam we are taught there are only 10 people, aside from the Prophet Muhammad SAWS, that are guaranteed Jannah. You and I my friend, are NOT on this list. Given this premise, can you be certain that you, or I for that matter, have learnt all the things that we need to learn? Can we be certain that we have achieved the pleasure of our Creator, and not been deceived by Shaythan or veiled to some degree by Allah subhano wa Ta'ala?

UKMuslimah put it very eloquently - the inward reflections and the struggle with our ego (jihad nafs) are the greatest challenge to mankind because of the simple fact that this dunya is representative of an opportunity to realise who WE are, and not what the world around us is or isn't doing correctly. This process can be sharped by attempting to lead our life with the presence of mind that Allah subhano wa Ta'ala is closer to us than our jugular vein, and is always a witness to all that we do. There is not a leaf that falls from a tree that Allah subhano wa Ta'ala does not know about.

I very much hope to be able to move forward with an increased awareness of the presence of our Creator in that;

He sees all...
    He hears all...
    He knows all...

And...

He is, over ALL things, competent...

Trust that this life is a test for ourselves in conduct, and not in the judgement of others.

Allahu alem

Barakallah feekum,
    | Likes ukmuslimah liked this post
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis View Post
    Shhhh... Secret plot to steal your bonbons. Tasty tasty bonbons.
    You just have to ask bro

Scimi
    Teaching them a lesson

15noje9 1 - Teaching them a lesson
    chat Quote

ukmuslimah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Challenged View Post
    wa aleykum brother,

the inward reflections and the struggle with our ego (jihad nafs) are the greatest challenge to mankind because of the simple fact that this dunya is representative of an opportunity to realise who WE are, and not what the world around us is or isn't doing correctly.
    Well said, very deep.
    | Likes 'abd al-hakeem liked this post
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Hey there! Teaching them a lesson Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Teaching them a lesson