× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 3392

Dracula: The Untold Story

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Assalamu Alaikum

Some facts:

• The word Drac means "dragon" or "devil"
    • The famous blood drinking Dracula that we know today was really named Vlad III and he came from the house of Draculesti.
    • Vlad II (Dracula's father) was an ally to the Turkish ruler, Sultan Murad. He sent 2 of his 4 sons to serve the Sultan, one of which was Vlad III and the other was his son Radu III
    • Radu III became a Muslim and beloved by the empire, while his brother Vlad III learned as much as he could to determine the Ottoman empire's weakness. He went against the Muslims killing and impaling them by the thousands, including women and children.

Last edited by *charisma*; 06-14-2016 at 12:44 AM.

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    muslimah_B's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dracula: The Untold Story

So where did the whole vampires thing come from, is there an actuall story that happend then through time was changed, or an old wives tale told to scare kids (im honestly curious)

I think i ended up on the wrong side of youtube once and saw a video trying to prove vampires exist Dracula: The Untold Story (pls dont ask how i got there LOL)
    | Likes *charisma* liked this post

Narrated Jubair ibn Mut’im: The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W), said: "He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyah or who dies for `Asabiyah." [Sunan Abu Dawud (Vol. 2, pg. 753) No. 5121]
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B View Post
    So where did the whole vampires thing come from, is there an actuall story that happend then through time was changed, or an old wives tale told to scare kids (im honestly curious)

I think i ended up on the wrong side of youtube once and saw a video trying to prove vampires exist Dracula: The Untold Story (pls dont ask how i got there LOL)
    Actually they say he used to drink people's blood. Although the whole vampire thing wasn't associated with him until the fiction novel Dracula came out and was popularized. It's funny that the true story got buried though..it's more interesting than the fake one lol.
    | Likes muslimah_B liked this post

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

jabeady's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    42D 45' 23.2" N, 84D 35' 10.9" W, MSL+879'
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Vampires, aka Strogoi, are still believed in, in rural parts of Romania and environs. If the population of a village believe a strogoi is active in the area, they will exhumed the suspected corpse from the cemetery and burn it. Originally, strogoi were believed to take the form of wolves, but bats were added to their repertoire after the vampire bat was discovered in South America.

I first read the novel Dracula in high school, and I've been "researching" them ever since. Oddly, I detest most movie and TV versions, preferring the old black-and-white depictions; they depend more on atmosphere and less on special effects. The Louis Jordan version, however, is the most faithful to the novel.

I consider the novel a masterpiece, if only because you can sense the vampire's presence on every page, even in scenes and chapters where he doesn't appear.

I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -- Thomas Jefferson
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That was fascinating! I remember reading about this before, how his brother converted to Islam too and all....

But tbh, the very idea of vampires makes me queasy .

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Dracula: The Untold Story

chat Quote

muslimah_B's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I watched the film that was based on vlad it showed at the beginning him fighting with the turks before he ended up going into a cave and turning into a vampire LOL

I think before i became muslim it was kinda weird thinking they could be real like werewolves etc
    Then when i heard he was a real person from islamic history i was shocked and fascinated, i mean islamic history is so rich and you can always learn something new or even tie it back to something you knew before but now its from an islamic point of view its Amazing !

(Then when i became muslim i was like "are aliens real") lol

Narrated Jubair ibn Mut’im: The Messenger of Allah (S.A.W), said: "He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyah or who dies for `Asabiyah." [Sunan Abu Dawud (Vol. 2, pg. 753) No. 5121]
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Dracula: The Untold Story Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dracula: The Untold Story