× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 13 of 13 visibility 2260

Jump out of bed!

Reminder's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jump out of bed!

Report bad ads?

This has an amazing effect. I have a feeling it will lead to a great day. I have a sleeping disorder, but I just remember that we are supposed to jump out of bed and now have tons of energy, 3 minutes ago I could barely stay awake!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Jump out of bed!

*remembered

by the way, why can't we edit our posts? it should say "edited: DATE" and also an edit log to view changes
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One more post and than you can edit your posts
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    Jump out of bed!

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

Huzaifah ibn Adam's Avatar Scholar
    brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

People should jump out of bed? In older people, that can cause dizziness.
    Jump out of bed!

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    piXie's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I read that jumping out of the bed can be dangerous because it's too sudden. People can die from it. My neighbour did that once, she was sleeping and she jumped to answer her phone and vomited and fainted, causing herself injuries.

The blood needs time to reach the head.
    chat Quote

Kiro's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who taught you this?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It isn't a good idea. You should climb out of bed in a normal, calm manner.
    Jump out of bed!

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really thought I heard this before...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You've got clarification now, at least.
    Jump out of bed!

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'd feel dizzy if I jumped out of bed, and I'm not even that old.

I think waking up early is good, and not sleeping for too long, but your body needs time to readjust after lying down for a few hours.
    Jump out of bed!

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Jump out of bed!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Getting up early is very important:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( اللهم بارك لأمتي في بكورها ) قال : وكان إذا بعث سرية أو جيشاً بعثهم في أول النهار ، وكان صخرٌ رجلاً تاجراً ، وكان يبعث تجارته أول النهار ، فأثرى وأصاب مالاً . خرجه أبو داود والترمذي وابن ماجه بإسناد فيه جهالة ، وجاء ما يشهد له من حديث علي وابن عمر وابن عباس وابن مسعود وغيرهم - رضي الله عنهم جميعاً -

Hadhrat Sakhr al-Ghaamidi رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "O Allaah, grant my Ummah Barakah (blessings) in the mornings." Whenever he would send out troops or an army, he would send them out in the beginning of the day."

Hadhrat Sakhr رضي الله عنه was a trader, and he used to send out his caravans in the morning. As a result, he did well and made money." [Narrated by Imaam Abu Daawud, Imaam at-Tirmidhee and Imaam ibn Maajah.]

For this reason, the Salaf disliked the practice of sleeping after Fajr. Hadhrat `Urwah ibn az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه narrates, "az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه used to forbid his sons from sleeping in the morning." He says about himself, "I never hear about a person who sleeps in the morning except that I lose interest in him."

[Note: This is not to say that it isn't permissible to sleep in the morning - it is permissible. The Salaf just used to dislike this practice because it is a waste of valuable time. A person who sleeps in the morning is wasting the time of day which has the greatest Barakah (blessings) in it, and is thus missing out on the Du`aa of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, wherein he asked Allaah Ta`aalaa to grant Barakah (blessings) to this Ummah in the mornings.]
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    Jump out of bed!

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Huzaifah ibn Adam View Post
    Getting up early is very important:

قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم : ( اللهم بارك لأمتي في بكورها ) قال : وكان إذا بعث سرية أو جيشاً بعثهم في أول النهار ، وكان صخرٌ رجلاً تاجراً ، وكان يبعث تجارته أول النهار ، فأثرى وأصاب مالاً . خرجه أبو داود والترمذي وابن ماجه بإسناد فيه جهالة ، وجاء ما يشهد له من حديث علي وابن عمر وابن عباس وابن مسعود وغيرهم - رضي الله عنهم جميعاً -

Hadhrat Sakhr al-Ghaamidi رضي الله عنه narrates that Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم said, "O Allaah, grant my Ummah Barakah (blessings) in the mornings." Whenever he would send out troops or an army, he would send them out in the beginning of the day."

Hadhrat Sakhr رضي الله عنه was a trader, and he used to send out his caravans in the morning. As a result, he did well and made money." [Narrated by Imaam Abu Daawud, Imaam at-Tirmidhee and Imaam ibn Maajah.]

For this reason, the Salaf disliked the practice of sleeping after Fajr. Hadhrat `Urwah ibn az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه narrates, "az-Zubayr رضي الله عنه used to forbid his sons from sleeping in the morning." He says about himself, "I never hear about a person who sleeps in the morning except that I lose interest in him."

[Note: This is not to say that it isn't permissible to sleep in the morning - it is permissible. The Salaf just used to dislike this practice because it is a waste of valuable time. A person who sleeps in the morning is wasting the time of day which has the greatest Barakah (blessings) in it, and is thus missing out on the Du`aa of Rasoolullaah صلى الله عليه وسلم, wherein he asked Allaah Ta`aalaa to grant Barakah (blessings) to this Ummah in the mornings.]
    SubhanAllah yes....I remember reading something similar before which inspired me to begin waking up earlier. Alhamdulillah I'm often up at around 6am and I've found my memorisation ability is at its peak in the early morning (unless that's just me, lol), so I like to study then, now waking up at 10 seems like such a waste of time and energy.
    | Likes Huzaifah ibn Adam liked this post
    Jump out of bed!

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Jump out of bed!

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Student of Knowledge
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That's true. A person's mind is able to memorise best early in the morning. I think everyone who has done Hifz of the Qur'aan knows how important the morning time is for memorisation. In Madressah, students who did their Hifz in the morning classes were much more successful than those who used to do their Hifz in the afternoon or night classes.

There is a special Barakah in the morning time.
    | Likes noraina liked this post
    Jump out of bed!

اللي مالوش حد له ربّنا
    chat Quote

17. Hide
Hey there! Jump out of bed! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Jump out of bed!