Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Few questions..

Report bad ads?

Asalaamu Alaikum:

1. My friend is planning to go to a theme park with her husband and few girl mates..is it ok for me to go with them?? Her husband will be with us all the time so I'm not sure if it's permissible or not.

2. When I go out (mostly with my family) I get to see many people I know (from school, uni, work etc) I say salaam to the sisters myself and ignore the brothers (I just look away before they see me lol) but sometimes they approach me and greet me..is it permissible for me to talk to them? I can't ignore them once they have started talking to me but if it's haram then I'm ready to do it..I just want to please Allah.

3. My cousins son is 12 yrs old we all love him and are very close..when we meet we hug him and give him a kiss on cheek..hes not my mahram so I won't do that anymore, his mum might start thinking I don't love her son now. So the question is should I stop the hugs from now or wait for few years (till he's 16) is he still considered a child in Islam?

4. Is it ok for the sisters to wear sleeveless dresses/tops at home front of their brothers/mahrams?? (I'd be too shy to show my skin front of my mahrams other than hair,face, hands and feet) Iv seen few sisters but didn't advice them as I'm not sure if it's permissible or not.
    Last edited by Regrets1; 08-11-2016 at 03:29 PM.
    | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Few questions..

Wa'alaikum as'salam wr wb

1. I was unable to find exact ruling on it, but it may not be a good idea to go. Your friend's husband is not your mahram and this is not a necessity that you have to do out of obligation (like going to hajj).

2. You don't have to actively engage with them.If they say salaams, reply to that. Keep your talk to minimal and to the point. Islam doesn't prohibit talking to non-mahrams, just limits when, how , why , where etc.

Look up question # 113996 on islamqa .com

3. Once he hits puberty, he is considered adult in Islam. If she says or gives any vibes of concern or something then you could let the boy know in passing that now that he is an adult in Islam so you can't give him hugs anymore. use your own judgement on how best to handle this.

Look up question # 197392 on islamqa

4. In front of mahrams, that is permissible. It will vary family to family, you may not feel comfortable showing more than what you stated while others may wear t-shirts and shorts at home.

Look up question # 34745 on islamqa .com

Inshallah others can shed more light on this as well.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What does mahram mean?
    Few questions..

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

xa_xa786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mahram means a man that is not hour brother, dad or husband ... I.e u would be a non mahram to me
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by xa_xa786 View Post
    Mahram means a man that is not hour brother, dad or husband ... I.e u would be a non mahram to me
    You mean the opposite.

A woman’s mahram is a person whom she is never permitted to marry because of their close blood relationship (such as her father, grandfather, great-grandfather, etc., and her son, grandson, great-grandson, etc., her paternal and maternal uncles, her brother, brother’s son and sister’s son), or because because of radaa’ah or breastfeeding (such as the brother and husband of the woman who breastfed her), or because they are related by marriage (such as the mother’s husband, the husband’s father, grandfather, etc., and the husband’s son, grandson, etc.).

More details on this subject are given below:

Question # 5538 on Islamqa .com
    chat Quote

xa_xa786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No a mahram would be my brother and a non mahram would be someone i could marry
    chat Quote

Regrets1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aaj View Post
    Wa'alaikum as'salam wr wb

1. I was unable to find exact ruling on it, but it may not be a good idea to go. Your friend's husband is not your mahram and this is not a necessity that you have to do out of obligation (like going to hajj).

2. You don't have to actively engage with them.If they say salaams, reply to that. Keep your talk to minimal and to the point. Islam doesn't prohibit talking to non-mahrams, just limits when, how , why , where etc.

Look up question # 113996 on islamqa .com

3. Once he hits puberty, he is considered adult in Islam. If she says or gives any vibes of concern or something then you could let the boy know in passing that now that he is an adult in Islam so you can't give him hugs anymore. use your own judgement on how best to handle this.

Look up question # 197392 on islamqa

4. In front of mahrams, that is permissible. It will vary family to family, you may not feel comfortable showing more than what you stated while others may wear t-shirts and shorts at home.

Look up question # 34745 on islamqa .com

Inshallah others can shed more light on this as well.
    JazakAllah.

1. Yeah Iv decided not to go.
    2. That's what I do..I'm mostly out with family and in a public place so I guess it's all good (I wasn't sure)
    3. Hmm yeah if he does say something il explain it to him or make his mum do it lol
    4. Shorts?? Really??
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

On question 1 my take is that you are not alone with him. You are considered "chaperoned", so personally I don't see anything wrong with it. The situation is not likely to lead to syaitaan being the third as the saying goes..

So I'd say, you should have gone.

Other questions, I reckon they are all pretty much answered.... oh, yes! Shorts, really and seriously..

Last edited by greenhill; 08-11-2016 at 02:34 PM.
    Few questions..

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

Regrets1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
    On question 1 my take is that you are not alone with him. You are considered "chaperoned", so personally I don't see anything wrong with it. The situation is not likely to lead to syaitaan being the third as the saying goes..

Other questions, I reckon they are all pretty much answered.... oh, yes! Shorts, really and seriously..

Hmm Iv already said no to them I thought it's only permissible to dress like that at home front of your husband only and not front of other mahrams. Thank you for the clarification.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well while its true that him being there may prevent other men from harassing her per se, but technically he does not qualify as a "chaperone" to her, he is not her mahram. And this was an amusement park outing, not something she had to do out of necessity. It can be postponed till she has a mahram with her or its a girls only event. We can't say what we "personally" see or don't see, we have to see what is in accordance with Islam.

A side note to the sister. Inshallah increase your knowledge in Islam and also regarding the answers to your questions in terms of deen, always ask for proof from Quran and sunnah for the answers. And if you are not sure then ask a second person. But don't go for fatwa hunting till you find one that you agree with.
    chat Quote

greenhill's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aaj, thank you.

I believe there is a reason for this ruling. It is to stop zeena. Or am I mistaken? It is so that a male and a female do not end up being alone with each other.

Few questions..

As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

aaj, thank you.

I believe there is a reason for this ruling. It is to stop zeena. Or am I mistaken? It is so that a male and a female do not end up being alone with each other.

The ruling regarding not being alone with a mahram because of shaytan being the third is to prevent zina and question-ability of the honor of the sister in the community.

The reasoning of having a chaperone when going out is for the protection of the Muslimah from all sort of fitna she could face outside if alone.

Islam prohibits mixing and mingling of opposite genders. This can lead to fitna in itself. It may not happen on the first instance but it can build up and lead to it.

Allahu Alim
    chat Quote

16. Hide
Hey there! Few questions.. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Few questions..