× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1444

Where's the motivation?

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Where's the motivation?

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaykum,

I strongly believe everyone has a talent, a gift given to them by Allah swt to benefit there own selves and the ummah, as well as the world in general. These days I find particularly among the youth there seems to be a lack of motivation to do....anything. I know sometimes I'm gripped by uncertaintly about the future, but I also know I have a strong motivation to do something which is true to myself while also pleasing Allah swt.

For example, my cousins and some friends of mine, when asked about the future, they come out with 'doctor, lawyer, engineer, something to earn money with'. There's nothing wrong with that, but on its own it just seems so listless, and that is their *only* goal. There's no long-term aspirations or higher goals beyond themselves. I don't know if it is just me, but they come across as people already exhausted of life and its opportunities before they're even 20.

It just struck me. There are some young people I know who are doing a lot for themselves and the community, but it seems to be painfully few. Beyond my own social circle, but to the wider Muslim community, there's seems to be this kind of barrier cutting the youth off from wider concerns. I don't know if it's a lack of engagement from elders in the community or just that maybe teenagers these days aren't bothered anymore, but it struck me as sad and an awful waste.

I know this is discussed time and time again. As a teenager myself, I feel like there is sometimes this huge generation or culture gap, or a lack of understanding. Even among the more 'religious' young people, there are still really solid barriers preventing full on engagement....sometimes it frustrates me when we have the teachings of such a beautiful religion which encourages us to reach the greatest of heights and we are failing to use them, kinda like sitting on a huge pot of gold and then complaining of poverty.

Okay, rant over. Allah swt knows best.
    Where's the motivation?

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Where's the motivation?

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Amelie Smith's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Where's the motivation?

Everyone must set his/her goals for future.But it is not important that you gain everything in your life. You have to switch through your ideas on different times.So to get stick to your goal and achieve it, study motivational stuff and stories of leaders who changed the fate of their nations.
    | Likes noraina, Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! Where's the motivation? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Where's the motivation?