× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 3 of 3 visibility 8294

Accidentally said something wrong, will I be punished?

mezzi_sohal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I was making dua and I was thinking of all the things I wanted to say to Allah, so I got muddled up in what I was saying and accidentally said something that was a little like shirk. I immediately caught what I was doing, and instantly said astaghfirullah. Will I still be punished?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    hend.abuauf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Accidentally said something wrong, will I be punished?

Allah subhanahu w ta'ala will not punish us on words of shirk that we say mistakenly.

Anas bin Malik Al-Ansari (MayAllah be pleased with him) the servant of the Messenger of Allah narrated:
    Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

In another version of Muslim, he said: "Verily, Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than a person who has his camel in a waterless desert carrying his provision of food and drink and it is lost. He, having lost all hopes (to get that back), lies down in shade and is disappointed about his camel; when all of a sudden he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of its reins and then out of boundless joy blurts out: 'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Rubb'.He commits this mistake out of extreme joy".

Although this man said words of shork but he said it mistakenly out of his extreme joy and what is in his heart is different, he is a true believer, Allah forgave him

Learn how to be a better muslim http://omuslimun.com
    chat Quote

mezzi_sohal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Accidentally said something wrong, will I be punished?

format_quote Originally Posted by hend.abuauf View Post
    Allah subhanahu w ta'ala will not punish us on words of shirk that we say mistakenly.

Anas bin Malik Al-Ansari (MayAllah be pleased with him) the servant of the Messenger of Allah narrated:
    Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Verily, Allah is more delighted with the repentance of His slave than a person who lost his camel in a desert land and then finds it (unexpectedly)".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

In another version of Muslim, he said: "Verily, Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than a person who has his camel in a waterless desert carrying his provision of food and drink and it is lost. He, having lost all hopes (to get that back), lies down in shade and is disappointed about his camel; when all of a sudden he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of its reins and then out of boundless joy blurts out: 'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Rubb'.He commits this mistake out of extreme joy".

Although this man said words of shork but he said it mistakenly out of his extreme joy and what is in his heart is different, he is a true believer, Allah forgave him
    Thank you so much for your help Accidentally said something wrong, will I be punished?
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Accidentally said something wrong, will I be punished? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Accidentally said something wrong, will I be punished?