× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 1344

There are places with barely any Islam

Reminder's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are places with barely any Islam

Report bad ads?

Before converting I lived and grew up in a medium-sized town of about 30,000 people and there was so little influence of Islam there was a kid my age named Hussain and I was so unknowledgable (as were almost all of my friends) I did not even know he was Muslim. He was a loner (the only real male Muslim in my high school) and there were 2 other popular Muslim girls with hijabs but other than that basically none and later I found out there were only 10-20 in the town.
    | Likes Search, Snow liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Little_Lion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: There are places with barely any Islam

I'm in a town of 22,000 people and to the best of my knowledge I am the only Muslim here. I think there was another Muslim family a few years ago, but I believe they moved away. There are two masjids within driving distance . . . the one 45 minutes away has been actively driving women out of being able to attend, and the other is about 100 miles away. Insha'Allah I will be able to start attending there once a month on Fridays once my disability goes through in a couple of months, as I cannot take Fridays off from work right now.

Interestingly enough, when I get "muslim" mail, like a package from Simply Islam or the like, it is always opened. So those "in power" know what I am even though I am not hijabi. I find it amusing and just a case of small town, Midwest US paranoia. The nuns at the local convent and I get along great, though.
    | Likes Search, Snow, Reminder liked this post
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! There are places with barely any Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. There are places with barely any Islam