× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 1518

For those in U.K., need some questions answered please - thanks!

Search's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

(In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

So, for those of you who are living in the U.K., I have two questions, which is me just trying to fish for your impressions:

I'd like to know if you know who Douglas Murray is, and if you do know of him, how much trouble do you think he's been able to make over the years in regards to Muslims and create a changeover in opinion of Islam.

Also, I want to know the political situation after Brexit vote and Theresa May taking in the reins and the future of the Labour Party.

Thanks in advance.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Born_Believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: For those in U.K., need some questions answered please - thanks!

I know of Douglas Murray but I haven't read any of his work. I think most people in the UK wouldn't be bale to recognise him.

As for the second part, that is way too broad a question. You will have to narrow it down a bit.
    | Likes Search liked this post
    chat Quote

Supernova's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

So, for those of you who are living in the U.K., I have two questions, which is me just trying to fish for your impressions:

I'd like to know if you know who Douglas Murray is, and if you do know of him, how much trouble do you think he's been able to make over the years in regards to Muslims and create a changeover in opinion of Islam.

Also, I want to know the political situation after Brexit vote and Theresa May taking in the reins and the future of the Labour Party.

Thanks in advance.
    1. Not sure who Mr Murray is.
    2. People Who voted the Brexit, seemed to have voted more on Nationalism rather than taking the Economy into account.
    3. The LP could possible be a force again if they do what they did best which is taking an interest in middle and lower income families.
    | Likes Zafran, Search liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings, Search,

format_quote Originally Posted by Search View Post

I do know who Douglas Murray is and, although he's a right winger and I'm not, I think he speaks a lot of sense on various issues. He's quite often on TV on programmes like Newsnight, Question Time and The Big Questions so I'm sure many UK inhabitants would recognise him. I don't know how much influence on public opinion he's had. Probably not as much as endless media headlines about Islamic terrorism.

Thanks in advance.
    That's a massive question best answered by reading the papers and making up your own mind. To me it looks like stunned paralysis. They don't don't know how Brexit is going to work or what to do about it.

The Labour Party needs to become a strong voice of the left again. It will be interesting to see how their next leader gets on.

The Brexit vote and Trump's election have unleashed dark forces in our nations' people. Right wing populism is on the march, and those who tend towards racism are feeling quite happy with the situation.

We've got an interesting (potentially disastrous) few years ahead of us, and I hope we all make it through without too much trouble. Good luck to everyone reading this; I wish you all the best.

Peace
    | Likes Search liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Zafran's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

1- Douglas Murray - basically a right wing commentator that has more influence with other people who share his views (Sam Harris et al) - hes also very pro Israel as hes part of the Henry Jackson think tank (right wing). His influence in the UK isn't huge but I'm sure the alt right nutters love him and some of his insane views.

2 - Brexit - Its a mess - especially with the court ruling that article 50 (get out of EU button) cant be initiated without the Parliament being consulted. Nobody had a plan for Brexit and the UK has no idea what deal we are going to get with the EU.

3 - Theresa May probably will win the next election as the Labour party is in a mess with the infighting from the blarities (center right) and the Corban supporters (left).
    | Likes Search, Scimitar liked this post

Do you think the pious don't sin?

They merely:
    Veiled themselves and didn't flaunt it
    Sought forgiveness and didn't persist
    Took ownership of it and don't justify it
    And acted with excellence after they had erred - Ibn al-Qayyim
    chat Quote

muslim brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

life in the u.k is ok alhamdulillah
    its not as bad as some people make out

everyone has a say and can participate in civic society
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    it's all about LOVE!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

1) Don't know who he is
    2) I actually voted for Brexit; not because I think Immigration is the Issue but I don't want UK to be influenced by EU laws in the forseeable future. Though as others mentioned it appears to be a joke as the forerunners who were supporting it appear to have legged it. The right wing nutters got a bit excited and stirred up some trouble but seems to have settled for now...

The Betrayal of Borris: sounds like a show in Drury lane
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/th...oris-hfkxk795f

Ward the Pirate - Muslim Warrior of the Sea
    "Go tell the King of England, go tell him this from me,
    If he reign king of all the land, I will reign king at sea."

The Great Dive
    Shaikh Abdul Hakim Murad aka Dr Tim Winters
    Bs53AicCAAACVpFsmall - For those in U.K., need some questions answered please - thanks!
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! For those in U.K., need some questions answered please - thanks! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. For those in U.K., need some questions answered please - thanks!