× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1676

I don't know how I can handle this

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I'm getting sick and tired of not having my voice anymore because I over-recited back in Ramadan, and now I've read that I have to keep quiet and whispering hurts my throat, apparently! So now, I have to resort to simply moving my mouth.

I feel like I am not reciting properly just by moving mouth, tips?

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Aisha's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Jewel of IB
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I don't know how I can handle this

Why do you need to stay quiet?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aisha View Post
    Why do you need to stay quiet?
    If I even whisper it hurts my voice like I'm shouting and my voice will not make a full recovering. And on the other hand I didn't wake up for Fajr on time... Is this a sign Allah is displeased with me?

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

Overusing your vocal chords causes laryngitis. You have to rest your voice. Whispering is actually worse than talking. If you don't allow your larynx to heal, it can take a longgg time to fully heal. So take it easy. Maybe have a white marker board with you to communicate with others lol. May allah grant you shifa ameen.

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

Overusing your vocal chords causes laryngitis. You have to rest your voice. Whispering is actually worse than talking. If you don't allow your larynx to heal, it can take a longgg time to fully heal. So take it easy. Maybe have a white marker board with you to communicate with others lol. May allah grant you shifa ameen.
    Will it take a long time for my voice to heal as I have been using my voice high and low for about a month? I don't like this because I feel like my salah isn't completed I might be forgetting a letter. It makes me miss reciting Quran too

And jazakallah Sister May the Most Merciful have mercy on you on yow'mul qiyama. Ameen

chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    Will it take a long time for my voice to heal as I have been using my voice high and low for about a month? I don't like this because I feel like my salah isn't completed I might be forgetting a letter. It makes me miss reciting Quran too

And jazakallah Sister May the Most Merciful have mercy on you on yow'mul qiyama. Ameen
    Aww jazak allahu khair, and u and all of the Muslims ameen!

Honestly, I don't know how long it would take to heal, but you must allow it to heal or more damage will likely occur. I'm unsure about the rulings for performing salaah and not being able to say the words. I know if one is mute, they will still need to perform salaah, so I'd say just perform it to the best of your ability such as by mouthing the words. If you feel you must use your voice for salaah, then limit it only to that and don't use it for anything else (but prevent yourself from whispering because that causes more strain on your vocal chords). Recite at a tone that is comfortable for you, and may allah forgive you for any shortcomings. And to keep from your iman dropping (since I can totally see how this would make you feel like you're not doing enough or that your salaah is not perfect), you can do other good acts that will increase your good deeds inshallah. In the meantime, have a humidifier around to keep your throat from drying out and try to stay hydrated. Inshallah you will feel better in no time. Just be patient

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! I don't know how I can handle this Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I don't know how I can handle this