× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 1933

Now disaster happen in Muslim land (Aceh earthquake)

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

At first, I am really sorry if I sound like have no sympathy to disaster victims. But I don't mean like this. I just want to warn Muslims who easy to conclude that disaster is azaab (punishment) from Allah.

I notice, when disaster happen in non-Muslim land, there are always Muslims who easily say that disaster is azaab. Including few Muslims in this forum too. And today earthquake happen in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia that implement Sharia, the Islamic province. Dozens people died, many building damaged. But, anybody dare to say that this earthquake is azaab?.
    | Likes sister herb, MuslimInshallah, cooterhein liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    talibilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Now disaster happen in Muslim land (Aceh earthquake)

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post

At first, I am really sorry if I sound like have no sympathy to disaster victims. But I don't mean like this. I just want to warn Muslims who easy to conclude that disaster is azaab (punishment) from Allah.

I notice, when disaster happen in non-Muslim land, there are always Muslims who easily say that disaster is azaab. Including few Muslims in this forum too. And today earthquake happen in Aceh, the only province in Indonesia that implement Sharia, the Islamic province. Dozens people died, many building damaged. But, anybody dare to say that this earthquake is azaab?.
    bro wallahul aalam but see this hadiths

Dawud :: Book 35 : Hadith 4265

Narrated AbuMusa:
    The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: This people of mine is one to which mercy is shown. It will have no punishment in the next world, but its punishment in this world will be trials, earthquakes and being killed.

The inside story only Allah knows , was this a test for them or an Azaab for them. But I recall the tsunami in 2004 which was very destructive but a more stronger earthquake in a more shallower and nearer to Acheh took place ( i dont remember when exactly) and a strongest tsunami ALERT than 2004 was announced for the whole SE Asia (since my interests are in phuket ) predicted with more possible destruction than 2004 was expected that send cramps on to my stomach BUT SUBHANALLAH NOTHING HAPPENED as Allah helped in 2004 too Alhamdulilah since we give zakat regularly. my guess & justification was all would have run to masjids and went in prostration and i later I saw the news which was exactly like i thought including non muslims who ran to masjid and fell in prayer. So Allah ar rahman removed the worst danger I suppose as Allah did with Kaum al Yunus A.S.

So when people are just doing lip service and not from their hearts this still could happen & if their hearts loose mercy towards its brethren (inspite of following Islam ) such things could happen is my guess, But Still Its a guess ONLY ALLAH KNOWS.
    Last edited by talibilm; 12-07-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    | Likes aaj, muslim brother, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Only Allah swt knows best.
    | Likes muslim brother, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

muslim brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the same situation..ie earthquake ,flood ,any disaster
    can be a trial and punishment for some
    and a mercy to others
    it is the reaction to it which makes it positive or negative
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...er=3&verse=141

concentrate on the last part of this link
    Last edited by talibilm; 12-07-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    chat Quote

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allahu a'lam. Allah swt knows best what was the cause of this earthquake.

May Allah swt grant those who have died a place in Jannah and may He give those who have survived strength and patience. Ameen.
    | Likes aaj, talibilm liked this post

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Now disaster happen in Muslim land (Aceh earthquake)

chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In shaa' Allah, Shaheed.

may Allah make us firm and steadfast on His deen. Ameen. Only Allah knows the outcome of that.

This world is a passing illusion. It is a blessing to die / get killed in Allah's way. (I.e. die on Allah's Cause / Path.)

Allahu alam.

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.
    chat Quote

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm View Post
    bro wallahul aalam but see this hadiths

Dawud :: Book 35 : Hadith 4265

Narrated AbuMusa:
    The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: This people of mine is one to which mercy is shown. It will have no punishment in the next world, but its punishment in this world will be trials, earthquakes and being killed.

The inside story only Allah knows , was this a test for them or an Azaab for them. But I recall the tsunami in 2004 which was very destructive but a more stronger earthquake in a more shallower and nearer to Acheh took place ( i dont remember when exactly) and a strongest tsunami ALERT than 2004 was announced for the whole SE Asia (since my interests are in phuket ) predicted with more possible destruction than 2004 was expected that send cramps on to my stomach BUT SUBHANALLAH NOTHING HAPPENED as Allah helped in 2004 too Alhamdulilah since we give zakat regularly. my guess & justification was all would have run to masjids and went in prostration and i later I saw the news which was exactly like i thought including non muslims who ran to masjid and fell in prayer. So Allah ar rahman removed the worst danger I suppose as Allah did with Kaum al Yunus A.S.

So when people are just doing lip service and not from their hearts this still could happen & if their hearts loose mercy towards its brethren (inspite of following Islam ) such things could happen is my guess, But Still Its a guess ONLY ALLAH KNOWS.

I am talking about earthquake that happened today in Aceh, not tsunami that happened in 2004. In last report seven hours ago the death toll had reached 94. Now maybe more than a hundred. And this happen in the Muslim land.

I created this thread to remind Muslims to not easily say that natural disaster is punishment from Allah when it happened in non-Muslim land, because natural disaster can be happen anywhere, including in Muslim land too.
    | Likes talibilm liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post

I am talking about earthquake that happened today in Aceh, not tsunami that happened in 2004. In last report seven hours ago the death toll had reached 94. Now maybe more than a hundred. And this happen in the Muslim land.

I created this thread to remind Muslims to not easily say that natural disaster is punishment from Allah when it happened in non-Muslim land, because natural disaster can be happen anywhere, including in Muslim land too.
    Muslims can be punished by Allah as well, not just non-Muslims. And he already answered it with this:

Narrated AbuMusa:
    | Likes talibilm liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just comparing to trials of Allah in many forms and people's response and the OUTCOME decides whether is a Trial towards Allah's mercy or increase in kufar (as Allah says in the above verse in post #5 ) or Azaab whether they become more pious or rebellious or still RECKLESS, Heedless ?. Dying in a building or home collapse is a Martyr. So it can be both ways. Only Allah knows. Earthquakes in the sea triggers tsunami is is known fact. Allah also says here

32:21 '' And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return.
    Last edited by talibilm; 12-08-2016 at 01:58 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This verse is normally overlooked in such situations of trials & azaab.

32:21 '' And indeed We will make them taste of the Penalty of this (life) prior to the supreme Penalty, in order that they may (repent and) return. ''
    | Likes islamirama liked this post
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Now disaster happen in Muslim land (Aceh earthquake) Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Now disaster happen in Muslim land (Aceh earthquake)