× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 28 visibility 4078

Why people commit suicide?

ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I was in discussion about a man who committed suicide after get divorced, and I replied someone who said that divorce is very painful and can encourage someone to commit suicide. Here my reply

"Many people get divorced but do not commit suicide. Many people committed suicide, not because divorce, but because other causes. But indeed, there are people who easily think "It's better I die" when they get problem. It's dangerous, because shaytan will enter the heart and encourage to commit suicide".

I made that statement spontaneously without thinking before. But then I began to thinking that my statement probably right. Shaytan will entering someone who think to die when get a problem then encourage to commit suicide.

What you think about it?.
    | Likes Search liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why people commit suicide?

^^ I have thought that people whose afraid to live, may commit a suicide. It´s quite same like you wrote: they afraid to face the problems of life.
    | Likes Born_Believer, Search liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    ^^ I have thought that people whose afraid to live, may commit a suicide. It´s quite same like you wrote: they afraid to face the problems of life.
    Not every person who afraid to face the problem will thinking to commit suicide. Many of them escape to other things, like drunk to forget their problem.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree. That´s why I wrote as "may commit...". Basicly when person afraids something a lot, he feels inner weakness and then he might be an easy target for shaytan.
    | Likes ardianto liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    *charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Walaikum Assalam

For someone to commit suicide they have to have a very deep problem within themselves that makes them feel they are worthless in this world. It could be depression or extreme anxiety that induces them to self-harm and worse. So I don't think one event causes a person to commit suicide but a series of problems that have been deep rooted inside them for a long time and eventually it manifests itself as suicidal.
    | Likes Snow, sister herb, ardianto, Eric H liked this post

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

Snow's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it is mostly thinking of disappearing is less painful than living.
    It can be caused by imbalance of the brain chemicals, or something else.
    | Likes ruglifeTX liked this post
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i wouldn't commit suicide but have entertained the idea of dieing so that my immediate family (self made and stable) would look after my wife and kids lol.

second class citizens in a welfare state is better than struggling against an unproviding room.

although im a pacifist.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Walaikum Assalam

For someone to commit suicide they have to have a very deep problem within themselves that makes them feel they are worthless in this world. It could be depression or extreme anxiety that induces them to self-harm and worse. So I don't think one event causes a person to commit suicide but a series of problems that have been deep rooted inside them for a long time and eventually it manifests itself as suicidal.
    A psychologist ever said that the cause of suicide is suicidal thought. If someone think it's better die, then he/she could commit suicide just because little problem. But if someone has no suicidal thought, even if he experience series of problems, he/she would not commit suicide.

And from Islamic point of view, probably the suicidal thought will invite shaytan that will encourage this person to really commit suicide. So it's better if we educate people, especially children, to not easy to say "It's better I die!" when they get problem or being scolded, because it can build a suicidal thought.
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What about Euthanasia?

How do you feel about that, peeps?

Scimi
    | Likes sister herb liked this post

15noje9 1 - Why people commit suicide?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    What about Euthanasia?

How do you feel about that, peeps?

Scimi
    Me no likey lol. What do you think about it Scimi?

No matter what a person is going through, Allah gives us the tools to deal with it alhemdulilah. Unless we're risking our lives to save someone else, then we have to suck it up and suffer the pains of this world for the benefits of the hereafter. And subhanallah no one really knows how their life is going to turn out in the end if they decide to just cut it short just cuz they're facing some problems.
    | Likes Scimitar, Search liked this post

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No matter what a person is going through, Allah gives us the tools to deal with it alhamdulillah
    . Unless we're risking our lives to save someone else, then we have to suck it up and suffer the pains of this world for the benefits of the hereafter. And subhanallah no one really knows how their life is going to turn out in the end if they decide to just cut it short just cuz they're facing some problems.

I feel that is the answer. People forget that Allah gave us the tools, and instead of using them, they feel it is easier to just kill oneself, rather than figure it out.

Allahu alam.
    | Likes *charisma*, Search liked this post

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

it's a tough one, for sure.

Scimi

15noje9 1 - Why people commit suicide?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post

I feel that is the answer. People forget that Allah gave us the tools, and instead of using them, they feel it is easier to just kill oneself, rather than figure it out.

Allahu alam.
    A lot of people attempt suicide multiple times and fail. That in itself is a sign that only Allah can take your soul, and we have no control over taking it as some like to think they do.

I also say to others that if you're going through something very difficult and cannot appreciate life, then there is someone else in this world probably going through the same thing who is praising Allah. The only difference is where the perspective lies.

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i suppose euthanasia is dependant on carers and quality of life. in some cases it may be justified through personal debilitating conditions..

although disability is again dependant on the quality of care given.

...in my experience, people should not be euthanised due to old age.

although looking at today, with no knowledge of yesterday is the level of care provided.

as a person who had previously studied for a career in "improving quality of life" i find it hard to reconsile this knowledge.

remember to visit the sick.

...although we cant always control what we say and do.

*wait... this isnt how i failed psychoneuropharmacology is it? ...can one be forgiven for career suicide?
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 12-11-2016 at 06:34 PM.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    drac16's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Possibly because they feel like a failure. They haven't accomplished what they think they should have accomplished. Mental illness can also lead to suicidal thoughts. They might feel pressure to be someone their not, like being married at a certain age. Pressure from their family members to be married can lead to them thinking that God has forgotten them; when you think God has forgotten you, that can lead to suicidal thoughts.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Scimitar;

What about Euthanasia?
    If anyone has the right to Euthanasia, then my mum should have had that choice. I watched my mother suffer with multiple sclerosis for the last thirty years of her life. She could not move her arms or legs for about the last twenty years, and everything had to be done for her. She had to suffer every kind of indignity and helplessness. Despite all her suffering, she seemed to experience a calmness and peace about her, I could never really understand her calmness.

At one point she went into a coma and was taken to hospital, her breathing was a horrible gurgling sound; the doctors said there was nothing they could do for her and she had days to live, so we called a priest. None of us had a faith at the time, but we just thought it was what you should do. As the priest prayed my mums gasping for air seemed to change, she seemed to relax and started to breathe more normally. About ten minutes after the priest walked out the door, mum came round and started to speak, she had no recollection of anything that happened in hospital for the last two days, or that the priest had said prayers over her.

She lived another ten years, my mum regarded this as a blessing, despite her paralysed body, and she said she was not ready to die at the time of the coma.

I really could not understand how she seemed to just accept it, she rarely complained and often seemed more worried and concerned about our problems than her own. She had a faith in God and she sometimes used to say that she is ready to meet Jesus now. I never heard her blame God for her problems. People might have said that it would have been kinder for her to have passed away in hospital. But somehow through my mums faith in God, I went from being agnostic to finding a greater faith myself.

I can only say that I will never meet a stronger person than my mum, and she was so kind and caring too. Faith is only faith when it is tested, sometimes it seems that God tests us in extreme ways. We all die, faith and trust in God helps us to look forwards to a greater good life after death.

In the spirit of never giving up hope.

Eric

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

noora95's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe that someone commits suicide because they do not have ALLAH SWT in their life. Their faith and imaan is not strong enough so shaytan wins over their mind makes them do great sin.
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When the circumstances entail the utter hopelessness or when the charm of life is lost or when the death is the only solution of the problems or when death looks dearer than life or when all the reasoning power is lost or when the darkness of utter despair is ingrained in mind or............ Whatever.... May Allah swt protect us from this sin. Ameen
    | Likes Eric H, Search liked this post
    chat Quote

AbuAbdullaImran's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The waswas of shaitaan is stronger with those who are the furthest away from their Faith. Committing suicide is Haraam, hence why the waswas grows strong to commit suicide in those that are afflicted with such issues as it is another way for the shaitaan to claim the soul for hell rather than Heaven.

Another interesting point is a brother who works in a mental asylum commented that many of the patients in the asylum have a strong reaction to the recitation of the Holy Quran, which could mean there is something more at play rather than just a chemical inbalance.
    | Likes Eric H, Search liked this post
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Al Sultan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm not gonna lie brother, when I face problems and issues,sometimes with my family,I don't know why, but the first thought that comes into my mind is "I wish I was better dead" but then later, I have faith and hold on to my salah, and everything goes well after that (happened to me many times) yes , it is the shaytan that's doing this, only a stupid person would think "Ah! This life will be simple" I myself, know that life is hard, and not everything will go in my way, I only pray to God to fix it and have ease, because I know God has planned for me what will happen in the future, and I pray to him to take care of me and others, Ameen
    | Likes Eric H, sister herb, Search liked this post
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Why people commit suicide? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why people commit suicide?