Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Marriage and Istikhara

Report bad ads?

ASA

I got a marriage proposal from my cousin and my parents encouraged me to do istikhara, after my istikhara said yes my parents also agreed and said yes.
    However, even though i said yes i was still uncertain and my father had problems with the family, for nearly two years my dad would agree to the marriage then disagree. During those two years with all the drama surrounding this proposal i did istikhara nearly 8 times and all 8 times it was a yes, i even told the guy to do istikhara and he said his was also a yes.

After two years, the guy's parents ended it

My question is this, if the end of all of this was constant feuding and then for them to just end it, then why was my istikhara constantly saying yes. To be honest i barely even knew the guy and the ONLY reason i said yes to the marriage proposal was because my istikhara said yes

JZK
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umm♥Layth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Marriage and Istikhara

format_quote Originally Posted by leilasinai View Post
    ASA

I got a marriage proposal from my cousin and my parents encouraged me to do istikhara, after my istikhara said yes my parents also agreed and said yes.
    However, even though i said yes i was still uncertain and my father had problems with the family, for nearly two years my dad would agree to the marriage then disagree. During those two years with all the drama surrounding this proposal i did istikhara nearly 8 times and all 8 times it was a yes, i even told the guy to do istikhara and he said his was also a yes.

My question is this, if the end of all of this was constant feuding and then for them to just end it, then why was my istikhara constantly saying yes. To be honest i barely even knew the guy and the ONLY reason i said yes to the marriage proposal was because my istikhara said yes

JZK
    If there were issues then your istikhaara answer is clearly a no. The purpose of making istikhaara is for guidance. If something is meant for you then it becomes easy(this would be considered a "yes" for lack of better wording). If things become challenging in spite of trying, then it is not meant for you.

Translation: O Allah, I seek Your guidance [in making a choice] by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things. O Allah, if in Your knowledge, this matter (then it should be mentioned by name) is good for me both in this world and in the Hereafter (or: in my religion, my livelihood and my affairs), then ordain it for me, make it easy for me, and bless it for me. And if in Your knowledge it is bad for me and for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs (or: for me both in this world and the next), then turn me away from it, [and turn it away from me], and ordain for me the good wherever it may be and make me pleased with it.
    We shouldn't wait on dreams with different colors or answers because it will likely come from your naffs.

I'm unsure how you are certain your answer was a yes. Can you please explain?
    | Likes aaj, Zeal liked this post
    chat Quote

talibilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASA

JZK
    Sister

How did you know it was an 'yes" answer for your Isthikara ??

Can you kindly explain to us . Jkk
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to forum sister. What happens, happens good for us
    Marriage and Istikhara

Allah (swt) knows best
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Ummshareef's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ASA

However, even though i said yes i was still uncertain...

Istikhara is intended to help with uncertainty by filling your heart with guidance, so if you were still uncertain it sounds like a "no" to marrying this person rather than a "yes". The most important thing about Istikhara is to just place your faith in Allah and let your future unfold in the way that He decides is best for you in this world and the next.
    | Likes Zeal liked this post
    chat Quote

Umm Malik's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When you make istikhra
    Everything will led you going ahead or to stop
    When you feel like he is a good person while you did istikhra and the mariage ended that means that this person is not good for you and this period of time you take is a test a reward for and you will learn from it and it will be experience for you
    Sometimes the girl say no after istikhra but Allah know that this person is good for her ...he may Come again and accept him and everything be good
    Allah know best
    And even the period of time in being fiancee of even a wife can be better to higher your rank and to give you a lesson and to make you more strange
    Do istikhra and do your best to know the best for you as a human and let Allah choose the best for you
    May Allah give you better and grant you the good Muslim husband
    Amen!
    | Likes talibilm liked this post
    chat Quote

talibilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik View Post
    When you make istikhra
    Everything will led you going ahead or to stop
    When you feel like he is a good person while you did istikhra and the mariage ended that means that this person is not good for you and this period of time you take is a test a reward for and you will learn from it and it will be experience for you
    Sometimes the girl say no after istikhra but Allah know that this person is good for her ...he may Come again and accept him and everything be good
    Allah know best
    And even the period of time in being fiancee of even a wife can be better to higher your rank and to give you a lesson and to make you more strange
    Do istikhra and do your best to know the best for you as a human and let Allah choose the best for you
    May Allah give you better and grant you the good Muslim husband
    Amen!

This

is the most correct reply since I did do my marriage with an Isthikara and I know how i got an Yes and now Alhamdulilah , I am satisfied with what Allah ar rahman has given me.

So the OP must first reply to my post # 3 how did she know it was Yes ?,

Non replying to questions here will make us doubts is she really telling the truth or just a Troll ( apologetics) just to insert disbelief in the muslims ?
    Last edited by talibilm; 02-07-2017 at 03:39 AM.
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Marriage and Istikhara Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Marriage and Istikhara