× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 10 of 10 visibility 2083

Supporting A Murderer?

hisnameiszzz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Supporting A Murderer?

Report bad ads?

Hi all,

Me again. I can't seem to get my head around this. Can someone try and work this out for me?

Young male driving around recklessly in a car without insurance or a drivers license. Plows full speed into a middle aged woman who dies on the spot.

Everyone in my Mosque is supporting the young murderer (walking around with no remorse - big smile on his face) and his family saying things like "we have your back", "don't worry about it" etc.

How is this even possible? Since when was it OK to support a murderer? What about the poor woman who was killed? What about her family?
    | Likes aminah996 liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Supporting A Murderer?

Is this hypothetical or actual event?

it's actual then were there not any witnesses, even if not the police would investigate and the law would come after him. Is that not the case?

Regarding the supporting him part, Allah tells us to stand for justice, even if it is against yourself. If he is unjust and has done such a thing without any remorse or repercussions and others support him then they all will be held accountable on Judgement Day.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi,

It's a true event:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-...fatal-12565154

Police are investigating. Everyone in the community knows who it was but the people in question keep changing their stories.

I, personally, think it is wrong that people are showing solidarity to this vile human being who killed this poor woman. But to each their own I guess.

I also understand people make mistakes, I have made hundreds and millions of them, but killing someone like that is just wrong, on every level, imaginable.
    chat Quote

Born_Believer's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Has anything been proven yet?

If not then you'rej ust as bad jumping to ocnclusions and condemning this person.
    | Likes hisnameiszzz liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i suppose it is all about who has your "back"

it makes people hard of heart.

if the walls could talk lol.

by the one in whos hands my life is in.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 02-13-2017 at 05:55 PM.
    | Likes hisnameiszzz, muslimahzoya liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you hisnameiszzz;

Young male driving around recklessly in a car without insurance or a drivers license.
    If he has no driving licence, then presumably he has not been trained to drive a car, this is against the law. If he has no insurance, this is also against the law.

If he had a driving licence and insurance, then the woman's family would be paid compensation, if it was proved to be the drivers fault.

Everyone in my Mosque is supporting the young murderer (walking around with no remorse - big smile on his face) and his family saying things like "we have your back", "don't worry about it" etc.
    Very sad, and if one of their family members had been the victim, there would have been an outcry.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric
    | Likes noraina, hisnameiszzz, fromelsewhere liked this post
    Supporting A Murderer?

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

Alpha Dude's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Cold of heart
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaykum,

I've noticed a bit of a trend in your posts. Whenever you notice someone do something wrong and others "in the community" letting it slide or ignoring it, you somehow equate that show of support to being something that is sanctioned by Islam - this kind of
    conclusion is unjustified. Just because these collective people behave in this way, does not mean that it is from Islam.

There is generally a big problem in our communities. People neglect the inward and focus primarily on the outward actions of deen. It is so blatant that a lot of Muslims only focus on the rituals and traditions to me that I am surprised you are surprised at this sort of thing happening. When you read the biographies of all the historical Islamic figures, the pious predecessors, the Sahaba, the Prophets upon all of them be peace, you should realise that the kind of example you ask about is an alien thing to Islam.

Nobody is perfect, people make mistakes. Allah has made us that way. We are sinful in nature. If we repent sincerely, Allah forgives us. However, in order to repent, we must first acknowledge we are sinning. That's the problem here, a lot of people don't even realise they are doing something very wrong.

Anyway, my advice to you is that you should not judge Islam on the behaviour of people who follow it. Don't needlessly damage your own iman due to the mistakes of others. At the end of the day, you will be questioned on your own intentions and deeds.
    | Likes hisnameiszzz liked this post
    chat Quote

muslim brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there is a tendency in our community once again to say things like..

it was a mistake
    a one off
    a moment of madness

or any other statement to relieve someone of guilt

just because some of the individuals are from high profile families that rhetoric stated in o.p. is still irresponsible.

lets see how the case pans out and the verdict though
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think people should reach a balance of showing mercy to the driver [we all want mercy dont we?] and wanting justice for the woman
    | Likes muslim brother, Eric H, Ahmed. liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    Assalamu Alaykum,

I've noticed a bit of a trend in your posts. Whenever you notice someone do something wrong and others "in the community" letting it slide or ignoring it, you somehow equate that show of support to being something that is sanctioned by Islam - this kind of
    conclusion is unjustified. Just because these collective people behave in this way, does not mean that it is from Islam.

There is generally a big problem in our communities. People neglect the inward and focus primarily on the outward actions of deen. It is so blatant that a lot of Muslims only focus on the rituals and traditions to me that I am surprised you are surprised at this sort of thing happening. When you read the biographies of all the historical Islamic figures, the pious predecessors, the Sahaba, the Prophets upon all of them be peace, you should realise that the kind of example you ask about is an alien thing to Islam.

Nobody is perfect, people make mistakes. Allah has made us that way. We are sinful in nature. If we repent sincerely, Allah forgives us. However, in order to repent, we must first acknowledge we are sinning. That's the problem here, a lot of people don't even realise they are doing something very wrong.

Anyway, my advice to you is that you should not judge Islam on the behaviour of people who follow it. Don't needlessly damage your own iman due to the mistakes of others. At the end of the day, you will be questioned on your own intentions and deeds.
    I think you have hit the hammer on the head. For that reason, I no longer post on here. I try and not talk about Islam with anyone because although I have followed it most of my life (up until recently anyway), I can't get my head around it.

I was brought up very black and white so it doesn't make sense to me. I understand people make mistakes and they are forgiven but surely some mistakes are not just normal little white mistakes. When I went to Madressah, I was constantly told not to do wrong because I would get caught for it and the punishment would be very hefty. Then I realised you could do everything wrong possible and nothing ever went wrong - maybe something would happen in the afterlife but in this life, it's all good.

I've also realised that because the whole community does one thing saying they are representing Islam, then it doesn't necessarily mean they are representing Islam.
    I've reached out to Aalims for support who have shunned me, so I have decided to stop battling it and just go my own way.

Re: the murderer. As it happens, the family of the person who was killed are not pressing charges. They are a very religious family and they have accepted what was meant to be has happened. Someone I work is from the family of the person who was killed and she has said they don't even talk about it because it really affects them, so they are just getting on with their lives. It's very big of them but like I said they are a very religious family so maybe their faith is supporting them through it.
    I just couldn't work out why people in the community were supporting the person who took the life of another person but whatever. Life is short and this is not really any of my concern.

Thanks ALPHA DUDE for being so blunt and telling me how it is. I really needed that good shake. Now I need one of these, or a few:
    chat Quote

14. Hide
Hey there! Supporting A Murderer? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Supporting A Murderer?