× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 38 visibility 60573

Is OREO Halal or Haram?

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is OREO Halal or Haram?

Report bad ads?

I want to know whether it is halal or not?? There is rennet according to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oreo#International_distribution

Allahu alam.
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Supernova's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Is OREO Halal or Haram?

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post

I want to know whether it is halal or not?? There is rennet according to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oreo#International_distribution

Allahu alam.
    Asalaamualaykum
    As with many products - the ingredients differ in each country.
    Does your country have an islamic halaal board that you can forward it to ?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale View Post
    Asalaamualaykum
    As with many products - the ingredients differ in each country.
    Does your country have an islamic halaal board that you can forward it to ?
    Well.. From what I can read from OREO's website it says that it is not halal approved. There is a website, yes, like Islamqa.com. And the OREO doesn't have a halal-approved sign on it. Though from what *I can read from the product informations on the packaging, I see no "haram" stuff.. but Idk.

there might be this rennet, and there is his Antioxidant E306 and E304

Allahu alam
    Last edited by Serinity; 04-04-2017 at 04:55 PM.
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

" Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled on Request
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You have to look at the emulsifier. Sometimes and this is often it is branded as E471. Majority of times this this pork or beef but still not halal. Where i live, the emulsifier with OREO is Soy Lecithin, in other words permissible to eat. Often companies do this so vegetarians also can buy. The last or well better say the group that they don't care about are the Muslims. When Muslims speak, nobody listens, when vegetarians speak, everybody is quite and listens to them. Sub'han'Allah look at the mercy of Allah that every time countries try to make it hard for Muslims, a minority group that is way smaller than Muslims speaks out for them selves and is done in their favor and thus Muslims can still eat. Even halal slaughtering, when ritual slaughtering is tried to be banned from a country, suddenly this also effects Jews. Because of that they cannot ban it, or else people are being afraid to be branded as antisemitic.
    | Likes Muslimah inshal, Al Sultan, talibilm liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person View Post
    You have to look at the emulsifier. Sometimes and this is often it is branded as E471. Majority of times this this pork or beef but still not halal. Where i live, the emulsifier with OREO is Soy Lecithin, in other words permissible to eat. Often companies do this so vegetarians also can buy. The last or well better say the group that they don't care about are the Muslims. When Muslims speak, nobody listens, when vegetarians speak, everybody is quite and listens to them. Sub'han'Allah look at the mercy of Allah that every time countries try to make it hard for Muslims, a minority group that is way smaller than Muslims speaks out for them selves and is done in their favor and thus Muslims can still eat. Even halal slaughtering, when ritual slaughtering is tried to be banned from a country, suddenly this also effects Jews. Because of that they cannot ban it, or else people are being afraid to be branded as antisemitic.
    Yeah, afaik, kosher food is halal for us. What Allah made permissible for the Jews that is permissible for us.

This is just sad. Just look at the double-standards. If they tried to ban something "Jewish" for being from Judaism, etc. They'd be called anti-semitic. But with Muslims it is okay to be hateful and try to ban every part of our religion.

they tout their countries as "freedom of choice" but yeh right. Until and unless we can practice Islam without any discrimination, that is.

There is written "Emulgator (sojalecithin)" on the packaging.
    | Likes Muslimah inshal liked this post
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oreo's in the uk are suitable for vegetarians..

although neither halal nor kosher certified.

they are produced in Spain and the Czech Republic..

according to the website.

..which people should Czech often to be safe.
    | Likes Scimitar, Al Sultan liked this post
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post

..which people should Czech often to be safe.
    turbo eye roll

Scimi
    | Likes Al Sultan liked this post
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

15noje9 1 - Is OREO Halal or Haram?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

so they are halal??
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah, afaik, kosher food is halal for us. What Allah made permissible for the Jews that is permissible for us.

This is just sad. Just look at the double-standards. If they tried to ban something "Jewish" for being from Judaism, etc. They'd be called anti-semitic. But with Muslims it is okay to be hateful and try to ban every part of our religion.

they tout their countries as "freedom of choice" but yeh right. Until and unless we can practice Islam without any discrimination, that is.

There is written "Emulgator (sojalecithin)" on the packaging.
    They may try their utmost best to make it hard for us in this world. This is our punishment in this dunya. Their punishment is in the hereafter also. Allah knows best but can you imagine the amount of hardship and injustice they have caused us we on the Day of Judgement go and gather their good deeds and of they haven't any left we giving them our bad deeds. Only thinking about it I can't stop smiling out of happiness

That means it is from soY beans. In other words not from animals but plants and thus you can eat. When it only says Emulgator and nothing else I always take certainty above uncertainty and do not eat. However if like in this case explicitly is said soylicithine then it is oke to eat. Majority of candy it is pork Emulgator. Many culture Muslims don't care and often they still eat it despite me noticing what it is all about. Any how they end up in their grave and me in mine.
    | Likes Muslimah inshal liked this post
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well.. From what I can read from OREO's website it says that it is not halal approved. There is a website, yes, like Islamqa.com. And the OREO doesn't have a halal-approved sign on it. Though from what *I can read from the product informations on the packaging, I see no "haram" stuff.. but Idk.

there might be this rennet, and there is his Antioxidant E306 and E304

Allahu alam
    Asalaamualaykum
    Like I said your local halaal authority would tell you.

Consider the following : If the Oreo website says it is not halaal approved...which which halaal body is it regarding as the benchmark ?
    The reason I said that is because just on the topic of Rennet the hanafi school has a different view in certain circumstances etc.

The you will have another issue about the topic of using an impermissible yet it goes through processes whereby the result is doesn't resemble what it started of as. There is difference of opinion on this matter too.

The E numbers are associated partially with the above paragraph.

Bottom line - it is almost impossible for the layman today to regard a product halaal or haraam without the expertise of the a halaal board or an Aalim/a who is well versed in the subject.

Alhumdullila that you making an effort to research this - please keep us informed with your thesis on it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want to do some research / check on the antioxidants E304 and E306. In shaa' Allah I will be successful. Until then I won't eat it, as it is.

we need a Halal-approver - company, who checks products. Anyways, basic principle is - if in doubt leave it ??
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alaykum assalam,

They say suitable for vegetarians here on the UK packaging, and that's what I usually go by. For example, in the UK anything with carmine in it will *not* be listed as vegetarian, so it is pretty reliable as far as I know....

Google is, true to its nature, giving mixed results.

I hope they are fine, they're my favourite base to use in a cheesecake, lol.
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by noraina View Post
    Wa alaykum assalam,

They say suitable for vegetarians here on the UK packaging, and that's what I usually go by. For example, in the UK anything with carmine in it will *not* be listed as vegetarian, so it is pretty reliable as far as I know....

Google is, true to its nature, giving mixed results.

I hope they are fine, they're my favourite base to use in a cheesecake, lol.
    Someone is busy baking "hip expanders"
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Now if The emulgator is ok, what about the Antioxidants, E304 and E306? searching "E304" on google: Ascorbyl palmitate - an ester - made from acid and alcohol.

Well, once an alcohol or any other thing is transformed into another thing, the rulings change too, right?

E306 ... Idk. Is it natural?

Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Jedi
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Could someone please explain why it might be sin to eat Oreo..Given the toxins in food and medicine these days(for years and years) a bit of rennet seems insignificant, is rennet the only issue here if so why? Cheese is made with the stuff, is cheese Halal?
    chat Quote

M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the only real reason i can think of is progress.

if people are not given incentive to change then no effort is put towards change..

its like vaccines that contain pork derived gelatine.. and have done for the past decade.

no effort has been made to find alternatives or persue alternate paths.

in an ideal world things would be different.

but they are not.

common sense is advised.

also this is the first time iv ever heard the word emulgator lol.

but allah swt knows best, im at a point where i would fear to question anything really.

just out of surgery monday night and still peeing ribena.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 04-05-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

on the packaging it says "Vegetable fat-ies (Antioxidants: E306 and E304) " So can I safely assume it is "Veggy" and thus halal??

E304
    Ascorbyl Palmitate
    Antioxidants- Vitamin C and derivatives
    Halal if saturated fatty acid Palmitic acid is obtained from plant. Haraam if palmitic acid is obtained from pork fat
    E306
    Natural Extracts rich in Tocopherols
    Antioxidants- Vitamin E
    Halal If Tocopherol is obtained from plant fat. Haraam if Tocopherol is obtained from pork fat

Is this page reliable: https://special.worldofislam.info/Food/numbers.html ?

Assuming "vegetable Fat-ies" means that they are extracted from plants, then it is halal. If not from plants but pork or any haram-slaughtered animal, then haram.

But seeing Vegetable faties (E304 and E306) .. From what I can infer, they are halal.

What about Glucose-FructoseSirup?? What is that?

Allahu alam..
    Last edited by Serinity; 04-06-2017 at 02:51 PM.
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

respecta's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oreos Double Cream is the best.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

From what I can tell Glucose-Fructose-Syrup comes from corn i.e. plants.

Allahu alam tho.
    Is OREO Halal or Haram?

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Often ask those questions on vegetarian forums. Those guys are extremists when it comes to going vegetarian all the way. What I mean by extremists is that they really do their own study about it and often have got more possibility to some knowledge than Muslims. Companies are afraid of them but not for Muslims.

If a Muslims says company X are liars and deceivers nobody is listening to them 8f a vegetarian group says the same this is so damaging for them because they actively bring it out in to the open and even force it as a topic in politics.

So rather open up a account on their forums and ask around.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Is OREO Halal or Haram? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is OREO Halal or Haram?