× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 50 visibility 6592

Advice : No dogs are allowed in Islam

Muslimah inshal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Advice : No dogs are allowed in Islam

Report bad ads?

ADVICE: No Dogs Allowed In Islam

It was narrated that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

The example/similitude of Allah's Angels refusing to enter a house where there is a dog or where there are images of living beings hung on the wall is that of:

1)-A student who refuses to study with another student in their room because the latter keeps many pets in their room which the former student is allergic to:

"Thanks for the invite, but I'd rather study in so-and-so's room. See, she doesn't keep any pets, unlike you... your room is full of cats which I'm allergic to."

2)-A flight passenger who is invited to sit in the front seats which are empty but rejects the idea because they want to avoid looking at some people they very much dislike:

"I know they're empty, but I'd hate to sit near those people I so hate."

3)-A friend, who happens to be the leader/captain of her team, upon being invited by her teammates to play at a new sports club refuses because she hates to be anywhere near a certain someone whom she has no plans of befriending:

"You all know I love playing indoor soccer and tennis but as long as so-called 'MaryMoMo' is there I'm not going in there. I'd much rather read a mathematics book than be with miss artificial."

Angels are clean, perfect, pure, free of every sin. Dogs are unclean and impure.

Angels hate dogs. Angels and dogs don't ever get together.

If you want your homes to be blessed with the companionship of Allah and His Angels,

Then keep dogs out, and on walls don't hang any pictures of living beings.

In Islam:-Muslims are forbidden to keep dogs as pets. That doesn't mean that Muslims should mistreat dogs. Kindness to animals, in Islam, is a virtue -one of the good deeds that can insha-Allah please Allah.-Be merciful to those on earth and the One (Allah) in the Heavens will have mercy on you.

Allah knows best.-

Peace
    | Likes Abdullah910 liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Advice : No dogs are allowed in Islam

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal View Post
    ADVICE: No Dogs Allowed In Islam

It was narrated that Allah's Messenger Muhammad (SallAllahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said: "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

The example/similitude of Allah's Angels refusing to enter a house where there is a dog or where there are images of living beings hung on the wall is that of:

1)-A student who refuses to study with another student in their room because the latter keeps many pets in their room which the former student is allergic to:

"Thanks for the invite, but I'd rather study in so-and-so's room. See, she doesn't keep any pets, unlike you... your room is full of cats which I'm allergic to."

2)-A flight passenger who is invited to sit in the front seats which are empty but rejects the idea because they want to avoid looking at some people they very much dislike:

"I know they're empty, but I'd hate to sit near those people I so hate."

3)-A friend, who happens to be the leader/captain of her team, upon being invited by her teammates to play at a new sports club refuses because she hates to be anywhere near a certain someone whom she has no plans of befriending:

"You all know I love playing indoor soccer and tennis but as long as so-called 'MaryMoMo' is there I'm not going in there. I'd much rather read a mathematics book than be with miss artificial."

Angels are clean, perfect, pure, free of every sin. Dogs are unclean and impure.

If you want your homes to be blessed with the companionship of Allah and His Angels,

Then keep dogs out, and on walls don't hang any pictures of living beings.

In Islam:-Muslims are forbidden to keep dogs as pets. That doesn't mean that Muslims should mistreat dogs. Kindness to animals, in Islam, is a virtue -one of the good deeds that can insha-Allah please Allah.-Be merciful to those on earth and the One (Allah) in the Heavens will have mercy on you.

Allah knows best.-

Peace
    JazakAllahu khair ukhti
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa iyyak !!
    chat Quote

Bosanac's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dogs are unclean and impure.
    Which Hadith/verse is this from?
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    M.I.A.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the companions of the cave.. had a dog.. so it cant be all bad.

dogs are not used for hunting by the arabs are they? if they are then some other verses may allow for some leeway on the subject.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can't have a dog as a pet inside your HOME . You can have one but for other reasons not as a pet .
    | Likes Grandad liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal View Post
    You can't have a dog as a pet inside your HOME . You can have one but for other reasons not as a pet .
    What hadith/verse is this from?

As far as I know these are the only hadiths on the matter and they don't say we can't have dogs as pets.

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: “The angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog.” (Al-Bukhaari) and (Muslim). He also said: "Whoever keeps a dog, his good deeds will decrease every day by one qeeraat (a unit of measurement), unless it is a dog for farming or herding." In another report, it is said: "... unless it is a dog for herding sheep, farming or hunting." (Al-Bukhaari)

But none of these explicitly say you can't have a dog as a pet and inside your home. Yes, they do imply there are drawbacks to having dogs as pets inside the home but it isn't haram. For example: sure, one loses good deeds for keeping a dog, but are not the following good deeds as well: sheltering a living creature, feeding it, cleaning it, walking it, etc? Sounds to me like these hadiths (perhaps) are there as a precaution to make sure a dog owner doesn't mistreat dogs, because if they do then they will not only lose good deeds for owning said dogs, but for mistreating them too.

So as far as I can tell, having a dog as a pet isn't haram but it isn't encouraged either; you neither gain good deeds nor lose good deeds as long as you make sure to take care of it.

Or is there a hadith out there explicitly stating that it is haram which I don't know about (genuine question)?
    Last edited by Bosanac; 04-11-2017 at 05:20 AM.
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    the companions of the cave.. had a dog.. so it cant be all bad.dogs are not used for hunting by the arabs are they? if they are then some other verses may allow for some leeway on the subject.
    the evidence from Quran pertaining to the dog of people of cave doesn't prove any leeway to halalfy keeping the dogs in homes. If such evidences are taken then bowing/prostration before the people will be justified in the light of story of Hz yusuf a.s.
    Advice : No dogs are  allowed in Islam

Allah (swt) knows best
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    the evidence from Quran pertaining to the dog of people of cave doesn't prove any leeway to halalfy keeping the dogs in homes. If such evidences are taken then bowing/prostration before the people will be justified in the light of story of Hz yusuf a.s.
    There are a bunch of hadiths that explicitly forbid bowing/prostration to other people such as:

Ibn Maajah (1853) and al-Bayhaqi (14711) narrated that ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa said: When Mu‘aadh ibn Jabal came from Syria, he prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), who said, “What is this, O Mu‘aadh?” He said, I went to Syria and saw them prostrating to their archbishops and patriarchs, and I wanted to do that for you. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Do not do that. If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands.

Is there a hadith or verse in the Quran explicitly forbidding keeping dogs as pets/in homes in the same manner as the above hadith?
    Last edited by Bosanac; 04-11-2017 at 01:18 PM.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

brother,

Have a look at the following links, they mention the ruling of not keeping dogs as pets:
    http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...twaId&Id=81421
    https://islamqa.info/en/377
    https://islamqa.info/en/69840
    http://islamqa.org/hanafi/askimam/29448

And Allaah knows best.
    | Likes Bosanac liked this post

chat Quote

Zeal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think you can according to the maliki madhab but you should check that
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you for the links (assuming you meant to link them to me ), but yes I have already read through those pages before and I am not too convinced by them. Too much conjecture. Once again, the hadiths they quote do indeed discourage people from keeping dogs as pets, I am not disputing that, but they don't declare pet dogs as forbidden either.
    Somewhat reminds me of Christians who claim Jesus is God and that he says so in the Bible yet can't produce a single verse where he explicitly and unequivocally makes this claim.
    Last edited by Muhammad; 04-11-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: My mistake!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled on Request
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is also one of the reasons why i say Islam is the true religion. This day and age, iblies has put his warriors war and wide and is spreading corruption all over the place. He is doing exactly what the true religion objects. In this day and age, nobody has almost a farm, nobody is hunting anymore as in both cases dogs are allowed, however MANY MANY people have a dog as a pet in their house. So just look at the religion that says the opposite and you will end up with the true religion, as there are so many religions that for many people it is hard to find the true religion. However it isn't that hard, sheytan himself is showing it clearly by doing the opposite to the true religion.
    chat Quote

Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I love dogs.

Last week, I was walking a rottweiler and we wrestled in the park, was fun.

She's a guard dog, and she's in training. And she is loyal as they come. A very sweet and affectionate animal which recognizes the sensitivities of humans and gives us our space when we require it. Smart animals. Humans these days can learn a thing or two from that alone.

Scimi
    | Likes Sarahx liked this post

15noje9 1 - Advice : No dogs are  allowed in Islam
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Bosanac View Post
    Thank you for the links (assuming you meant to link them to me ), but yes I have already read through those pages before and I am not too convinced by them.
    Then read them again.

Too much conjecture.
    What conjecture? DOn't just make a blanket statement thinking we gonna believe you bro - PROVE IT - show me what you claim is "conjecture" and I will qualify it.

Once again, the hadiths they quote do indeed discourage people from keeping dogs as pets, I am not disputing that, but they don't declare pet dogs as forbidden either.
    Forbidden from what? Consumption? Or matrimony? Or some other weird thing? Or all three?

As you can see - the word "forbidden" comes with qualifiers, SOOOOO, what do you mean "FORBIDDEN" ???? lol

Somewhat reminds me of Christians who claim Jesus is God and that he says so in the Bible yet can't produce a single verse where he explicitly and unequivocally makes this claim.

It would help if you clarified for us, exactly what you meant by the word "forbidden" ???

Do you mean:

a) as a pet in the home?
    b) a piece of meat you can eat?
    c) do you wish to marry it?
    d) do you wish to enslave it?
    e) do you wish to torture it?
    f) do you wish to train it so it can be eyes for the blind?
    g) do you wish to train it so it can be a guard dog for your property?
    h) do you wish to train it so it can help you in hunting?

etc etc etc

Which of these does your contention of "forbidden" apply to? DO YOU EVEN KNOW?

Scimi
    | Likes Sarahx liked this post

chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you for the links (assuming you meant to link them to me ), but yes I have already read through those pages before and I am not too convinced by them. Too much conjecture. Once again, the hadiths they quote do indeed discourage people from keeping dogs as pets, I am not disputing that, but they don't declare pet dogs as forbidden either.
    Yes, those links were meant for you. : )

But brother, why would you keep an animal (without necessity) as a result of which the angels of mercy would not enter the house, and a huge portion of reward from your good deeds would be lost daily? Something that incurs so much reward to be lost is surely more than a discouragement?

This thread may also have some useful info: Dogs

And Allaah knows best.
    | Likes Bosanac liked this post

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Then read them again.
    I did, a bunch of times . I visit that site often for clarifications on stuff, but I'm not going to blindly follow their rulings on stuff. I definitely hear them out and if what they say is backed up soundly by the Quran or hadiths I listen to them.

What conjecture? DOn't just make a blanket statement thinking we gonna believe you bro - PROVE IT - show me what you claim is "conjecture" and I will qualify it.
    What blanket statement? The topic is about "no dogs allowed in Islam" and keeping them as pets not being allowed, is it not? That site then provides hadiths to support this view, yet none of the hadiths explicitly state these things. People are just making assumptions, at least that is what it sounds like to me and why I am not convinced by it. Not to mention that such actions are a slippery slope. Is it then not up to the topic creator (or anyone who also holds this view) to prove this claim? I am not trying to prove anything, I'm only sceptical about the claims brought up. I genuinely don't know much about the issue which is why I am asking for some more concrete evidence for things like:

Dogs are unclean and impure.

Is there a hadith or verse in Quran that explicitly and unequivocally states these things? That is all I'm asking about, I am not trying to prove anything to anyone. On the contrary, someone is trying to prove something to me and I am simply asking for some more concrete evidence.

Forbidden from what? Consumption? Or matrimony? Or some other weird thing? Or all three?

As you can see - the word "forbidden" comes with qualifiers, SOOOOO, what do you mean "FORBIDDEN" ???? lol

It would help if you clarified for us, exactly what you meant by the word "forbidden" ???

Do you mean:

a) as a pet in the home?
    b) a piece of meat you can eat?
    c) do you wish to marry it?
    d) do you wish to enslave it?
    e) do you wish to torture it?
    f) do you wish to train it so it can be eyes for the blind?
    g) do you wish to train it so it can be a guard dog for your property?
    h) do you wish to train it so it can help you in hunting?

etc etc etc

Which of these does your contention of "forbidden" apply to? DO YOU EVEN KNOW?

Scimi

The topic is about dogs not being allowed as pets nor are they allowed to be kept inside houses, right? Aka, forbidden from being kept as pets and forbidden from being kept inside houses. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from or why this needs to be clarified.

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    Yes, those links were meant for you. : )

But brother, why would you keep an animal (without necessity) as a result of which the angels of mercy would not enter the house, and a huge portion of reward from your good deeds would be lost daily? Something that incurs so much reward to be lost is surely more than a discouragement?

This thread may also have some useful info: Dogs

And Allaah knows best.
    Oh I completely agree with you. I personally would not own a dog due to the hadiths provided. As for why someone would, I can only speculate. I know that psychologists recommend pet dogs for soldiers suffering from ptsd or depression. I know plenty of other people, some who are muslims as well, who get dogs for similar situations. That's one reason. They might have others, I really don't know. Why would they be ok with losing good deeds on a daily basis? Well it is possible that they get good deeds back by taking care of their dog, feeding it, walking it, cleaning it, etc. Those are all good deeds too. Perhaps they see it as "balancing things out."
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are a bunch of hadiths that explicitly forbid bowing/prostration to other people such as:Ibn Maajah (1853) and al-Bayhaqi (14711) narrated that ‘Abdullah ibn Abi Awfa said: When Mu‘aadh ibn Jabal came from Syria, he prostrated to the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), who said, “What is this, O Mu‘aadh?” He said, I went to Syria and saw them prostrating to their archbishops and patriarchs, and I wanted to do that for you. The Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said, “Do not do that. If I were to command anyone to prostrate to anyone other than Allah, I would have commanded women to prostrate to their husbands.Is there a hadith or verse in the Quran explicitly forbidding keeping dogs as pets/in homes in the same manner as the above hadith?
    and keeping dogs in homes is also forbidden

Allah (swt) knows best
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The topic is about dogs not being allowed as pets nor are they allowed to be kept inside houses, right? Aka, forbidden from being kept as pets and forbidden from being kept inside houses. I don't understand where the confusion is coming from or why this needs to be clarified.
    Dogs should be kept in kennels, where they can go in and out as they please - not in houses, for reasons clearly identified in Islam - this is common knowledge.

So when you said "forbidden" I could not understand what you could mean, and gave you a list of options.

If your only contention was keeping them as pets inside of houses then lol, bro, stop wasting your time on forums and read about it. Dogs are not haraam - their saliva is impure and we are advised to keep them outside of our homes if we are to have them.

It's simple.

You savvy?

Scimi

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ive heard that Science says that 80% of women have cancer because of keeping dogs inside the house .
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Advice : No dogs are  allowed in Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Advice : No dogs are  allowed in Islam