Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

UK concert: Deaths after reported blast

Report bad ads?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...230211269.html

Ariana Grande concert: Deaths after reported blast
    Greater Manchester Police say there are deaths after a reported explosion at an Ariana Grande performance.
    Listen to this page using ReadSpeaker
    A blast at an Ariana Grande concert in the northern English city of Manchester has killed an unknown number of people and wounded others.

Police said on Monday night they were responding to reports of an explosion and there were a number of confirmed fatalities. The bomb disposal unit was on the scene.

There were no immediate details of what happened during the concert by the American singer, but witnesses reported hearing two loud bangs coming from near the arena's bars at about 10:30pm (2130GMT).

A video posted on Twitter showed fans screaming and running out of the venue.

"A huge bomb-like bang went off that hugely panicked everyone and we were all trying to flee the arena," concert-goer Majid Khan, 22, told Britain's Press Association.

Catherine Macfarlane told Reuters news agency the blast hit after the concert was over.

"We were making our way out and when we were right by the door there was a massive explosion and everybody was screaming," Macfarlane said.

"It was a huge explosion - you could feel it in your chest. It was chaotic. Everybody was running and screaming and just trying to get out."

Greater Manchester Police tweeted asking people to stay away.

"Emergency services responding to serious incident at Manchester Arena. Avoid the area. More details will follow as soon as available."

Manchester Arena, the largest indoor arena in Europe, opened in 1995 and has a capacity for 21,000 people, according to its website. It is a popular concert and sporting venue.

A spokesman for Ariana Grande's record label said the singer was "okay".

Britain is on its second-highest alert level of "severe" meaning an attack is considered highly likely.

Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn commented on Twitter, saying: "Terrible incident in Manchester. My thoughts are with all those affected and our brilliant emergency services."

2. Report bad ads?
    fromelsewhere's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: UK concert: Deaths after reported blast

Not again! I do hope it is not another dumb terrorist attack.

Singularity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/de...turing-n763286

At Least 19 Killed in Possible Suicide Blast at Manchester Arena Concert Featuring Ariana Grande
    by ANDREW BLANKSTEIN, ROBERT WINDREM, ALEX JOHNSON and TOM WINTER
    At least 19 people were killed and about 50 others were injured in a suspected suicide bombing Monday night after an Ariana Grande concert at Manchester Arena in England, authorities said.

Greater Manchester Police said the incident was being treated as terrorism. A senior White House official told NBC News that President Donald Trump, who is on a visit to Jerusalem, had been briefed.

Police said the explosion took place outside the arena, which is near the Manchester Victoria transit station, as the concert ended at about 10:35 p.m. local time (5:35 p.m. ET), catching people as they exited.

Law enforcement sources in both Britain and the United States had previously told NBC News that at least 20 people were killed and that possibly "hundreds" of others were injured, but they stressed at the time that the information was preliminary and subject to change.

U.S. officials said initial reports from the scene indicated that a number of the casualties might have been caused by a stampede of concert-goers.

People gather outside Manchester Arena and station in Manchester, England, on Monday night. Peter Bendicho
    A representative of Ariana Grande said the singer, who has millions of young fans around the world, was not hurt. Likewise, Bianca Landrau, the Boston hiphop star known as Bia, who also performed, tweeted: "Guys we are okay!!!"

GUYS WE ARE OKAY !!! THANK YOU WE LOVE YOU ??????
    — B I A ?? (@PericoPrincess) May 22, 2017
    All lines to Manchester Victoria station were closed, National Rail said in a statement. Northern Railway said the station had been evacuated.

Play Police: 'A Number of Confirmed Fatalities' at Manchester Arena Facebook Twitter Embed
    Police: 'A Number of Confirmed Fatalities' at Manchester Arena 7:05
    Ivo Delgado, who attended the event, told NBC News that the concert had just ended when "I just heard a loud bang."

"People started screaming and going to the other side of the arena," said Delgado, who said he saw at least one person with blood on his face.

Steve Rotheram, mayor of the Liverpool City Region, tweeted that his two daughters had been in attendance and were safe.

"But I fear for others," he said.

Manchester Arena, which opened in 1995, is one of the largest indoor arenas in Europe. More than 1 million people fill its 21,000 seats every year.
    Steve Rotheram ✔ @Steve4LCRmayor
    My 2 daughters caught up in the Manchester explosion at the arena. They are thankfully safe, but I fear for others.
    4:19 PM - 22 May 2017
    88 88 Retweets 254 254 likes
    This is a developing story. Refresh this page for updates.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you fromelsewhere;

Not again! I do hope it is not another dumb terrorist attack.
    How much complaining did you do; when America and it's allies bombed Afghanistan and Iraq?

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace for all people.

Eric
    | Likes noraina liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post

How much complaining did you do; when America and it's allies bombed Afghanistan and Iraq?

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace for all people.

Eric
    Greetings and peace be with you Eric H,

There is absolutely no justification for such a deed that would make the Shayteen very proud. Exploding a bomb in a crowd of kids enjoying a show. Absolutely disgusting.

Once again, let's not make it a tit-for-tat battle of "you did this to my people so I do this to yours." There is 0 justification for such ----, and when we see such injustices, we should denounce them loud and clear.
    | Likes YahyaAE, AbdurRahman., Zafran liked this post

Serinity's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm more outraged at the fact that kuffar think this is Islam and blames Islam. I've no empathy for kuffar who ridicule my religion.

Allahu alam.

Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There is absolutely no justification for such a deed that would make the Shayteen very proud. Exploding a bomb in a crowd of kids enjoying a show. Absolutely disgusting.
    Agreed

Once again, let's not make it a tit-for-tat battle of "you did this to my people so I do this to yours.
    Justice for all people can never happen in this world. 9 / 11 was sick and wrong, so America and it's allies bomb Afghanistan, tit- for- tat retaliation. Possibly a hundred Afghans might have been responsible for 9/11, but tens of thousands have died. I would imagine the majority of Afghans who were killed had nothing to do with 9/11.

How do these innocent Afghans get justice and compensation for their loss? You can imagine there are a lot of angry Afghans who have lost a loved one, if they can't get justice then some will sadly seek revenge. Is this revenge classed as freedom fighting or terrorism?

If there is no god, then all these innocent deaths can never be put right. Only God can restore people to a greater good life after death. We pray to a God of compassion, mercy and forgiveness.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God.

Eric

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post

I'm more outraged at the fact that kuffar think this is Islam and blames Islam. I've no empathy for kuffar who ridicule my religion.

Allahu alam.
    Many of these terrorists claim to be doing that in the name of Islam. You should be mad at them for turning Islam on its head and claiming that they are doing "jihad" when they are just doing Satanic deeds.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Justice for all people can never happen in this world. 9 / 11 was sick and wrong, so America and it's allies bomb Afghanistan, tit- for- tat retaliation. Possibly a hundred Afghans might have been responsible for 9/11, but tens of thousands have died. I would imagine the majority of Afghans who were killed had nothing to do with 9/11.

How do these innocent Afghans get justice and compensation for their loss? You can imagine there are a lot of angry Afghans who have lost a loved one, if they can't get justice then some will sadly seek revenge. Is this revenge classed as freedom fighting or terrorism?

If there is no god, then all these innocent deaths can never be put right. Only God can restore people to a greater good life after death. We pray to a God of compassion, mercy and forgiveness.

Eric
    First, these terrorists are likely not from Afghanistan and have not suffered any losses in their families due to the US invasion. Second, you should not take revenge, and especially not by killing innocent kids. You should seek justice instead. Grow a brain and some compassion for people who are coldly murdered due to "fanatics" who claim to be doing this in the name of God. (Personally, I like to call these people "satanists").

12. Report bad ads?
    muslim brother's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

as the events unfolded last night,once again tears flowed from my eyes.
    children,running,screaming.
    parents ,worried,in panic
    i was on twitter a while,a new experience for me.
    @ahmeddewsbury

blame games and insinuations,before an investigation
    before facts.
    4 hours sleep
    7.20 am ,time of writing.
    more pain

ahmed patel,dewsbury

brightness_1
    Account Disabled on Request
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is so sad that civilians in the western world are such sheep and just follow the herd.

These things happen and all they are filled are with is hatred and revenge against the ones who are responsible. Never are they filled with questions of what is going on? Why even 50 years back these things did not happen, suddenly bombings of civilians in this city and in that city and in that country..

As a Muslim when you try to explain to them what is happening BEFORE the bombings of innocent civilians in the Middle East, they do not stop this hatred for a moment ..try to process what you have said..but are only filled with rage. When during times that no bombings have occurred you try to make them see that the governments in the west are not what they claim to be, they brand you as a conspiracy nut.

The mass media has branded Islam as evil, what in general the mass media says is evil in the past a group of these so called "conspiracy-nut-jobs" asked questions why this and why that..now a days these people that used to ask questions, somehow also have become part of this global agenda against Muslims and Islam. I am not sure if they have been threatened or bribed..i would not be shocked if that is the case. When a person does not know God, they fear for their lives and rather follow the path of lies than truth or the people that do not know God, will be more than happy to accept some six figure check..

Age of confusion that is all. Do not trust anybody, not even your own parents if you ask me, because you do not know their level of imaan, rather keep firm on what Allah has made clear to us to follow and stick to that. Better head your own way and try to practice Islam as how it should be practiced, be patient and the day will come that you in the end will leave this world and have to answer for your actions.

noraina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu alaykum,

I don't think this is the time to get into such political discussions. These days we are so on edge that we try to search for some way to blame those who are the victims of these injustices. Can't we just feel the same pain for all of humanity wherever they are? Injustice is injustice.

The lack of sympathy there is on both sides is disheartening.

What is happening in Iraq or Syria is heart-breaking, innocent children and civilians are killed - but that does not give *any* excuse for anyone fall to their level and do the same out of 'revenge'. We are meant to be examples in behaviour and conduct subhanAllah. We're meant to condemn all injustice, wherever it happens, even if no-one else does.

It hasn't been confirmed yet who is behind this so I'm trying to stay away from assumptions - but if it is a Muslim behind it, their actions have no basis in Islam..

What is so 'Islamic' or 'American' or 'British' or 'honourable' in killing innocent civilians and *especially* children, wherever it is in the world?

I have been to Manchester many, many times to enjoy Eid with family who live there...
    | Likes sister herb, talibilm, Eric H, LaSorcia liked this post

Ya Muqallib al-Quloob, Thabbit Qalbi Ala Deenik
    Oh turner of the Hearts make my heart firm on Your Deen

islamb 1 - UK concert: Deaths after reported blast

brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What is happening in Manchester, in Aleppo, in Mosul is terrible. I'm tired of people trying to prove which suffering is the most painful or which lives are worthy of more sympathy.

SubhanAllah.
    | Likes sister herb, muslim brother, Zeal liked this post

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unfortunately this is how people think; "they" killed some of us, so it´s ok to make same to them... and those people whose say it´s not relevant to talk about earlier victims in Iraq etc, will at the next day go to burn few mosques - as revenge.

Victims of all of them are all innocents.
    | Likes noraina, muslim brother, LaSorcia liked this post

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    * Tawakkul *
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Unfortunately this is how people think; "they" killed some of us, so it´s ok to make same to them... and those people whose say it´s not relevant to talk about earlier victims in Iraq etc, will at the next day go to burn few mosques - as revenge.

Victims of all of them are all innocents.
    I know right? On one side some say it is the fault of the West and they deserve what is coming to them, and one side others say it is the fault of Islam and Muslims and they deserve whatever they get. This kind of thinking of 'us against them' ends up in a circle of violence which never ends.

This is why we have terrible conflicts in countries like Syria and awful attacks such as this one in England.
    | Likes sister herb, Eric H, LaSorcia liked this post

talibilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Any knowledgeable Muslim will not do this act , bombing common people when Islam Prohibits to harm common public (Non Muslim enemies actively engaged in worshipping idols ,shirk the biggest sin but not indulged in fighting us ) even during a battle.

I do not think is an act of Muslims but an act of enemy of Muslim because they know for every terrorist incident they will FIRST blame the muslims.
    Last edited by talibilm; 05-23-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    | Likes muslim brother, sister herb, Eric H, LaSorcia liked this post

Zeal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't understand how somebody could do this
    | Likes muslim brother liked this post

talibilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Non Sectarian Muslim
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal View Post
    I don't understand how somebody could do this
    Yes you are partially correct , somebody like a psychopath can do but a Muslim who knows his Lord is Adil, The Just will never do this
    Last edited by talibilm; 05-23-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    | Likes Eric H, LaSorcia liked this post

MuhammadHamza1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Agreed

Eric
    9/11 was an inside job.
    Go and watch the documentary
    "9/11,The Next Pearl Harbour."
    Islamicboard,do not delete my comments again.
    I want to give these people a dose of truth.
    | Likes talibilm, Simple_Person, jeremy4344 liked this post

24. Report bad ads?
    sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ You should stay on topic. Messing 9/11 with this terrorist act goes quite far.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! UK concert: Deaths after reported blast Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. UK concert: Deaths after reported blast