star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Converting in an Islamphobia environment

Report bad ads?

Assalamualaikum and a good Ramadan to everyone of you here. I am interested in Islam and wanted to convert but I am having problems with my family and friends. My parents told me that if anyone in the family convert to Islam, he/she will be kicked out of the family and they keep going on about Islamphobia on a daily basis. All my friends that I am in touch with are Islamphobia as well. I have a few Muslim friends but they are too busy and we rarely get in touch. What should I do ? I am totally lost now.
    | Likes azc, Snow, Muslim Woman liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Samiul123's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Converting in an Islamphobia environment

Bro dont worry it matters what is inside. If you know Islam is the truth, this is the ultimate thing which matters. Always pray to Allah whenever you can and try to get contact with mosques or other Islamic organizations. May Allah help you ameen.
    | Likes Snow liked this post
    chat Quote

rafiq123's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiul123 View Post
    Bro dont worry it matters what is inside. If you know Islam is the truth, this is the ultimate thing which matters. Always pray to Allah whenever you can and try to get contact with mosques or other Islamic organizations. May Allah help you ameen.
    Hi yes, thank you for your reply. First of all I understand that if I want to convert to Islam, I have to recite shadah and I have to pray and fast after I convert to Islam. I can't fast as I am living with my parents now and they will get suspicious if I don't eat anything and I can't pray because I don't want ppl to know that I am a Muslim. Moreover, if I go to local masjid for help, my parents will know that as well and it will turn into a big fuss. What can I do?
    chat Quote

Samiul123's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Bro, honestly pray in secret to Allah as much as you can. Also, just go to the mosque if there is any way. Try and talk to the brothers and try to find a way. It might be very difficult honestly, but sincerely make dua to Allah as much as you can for guidance. Inshallah Allah will guide you.
    | Likes Snow liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hm.. maybe you could go into your room and pray... when your parents come in, simply stand up and pretend you were reading a book/on your phone? Keep a book or phone right next to you just in case.

He is Allah, other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him [59:23]

chat Quote

DunyaStory's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dear brother.
    I think I can understand you better then most because I was in similar situation, maybe even worse.
    I have converted to Islam in country where there are literally no muslims, I have no muslims friends, there are no mosques here.
    But still , I manage somehow to practice my beautiful religion, sometimes I cant pray, sometimes I have to hide it, but indeed reward from Allah is far greater then the trouble.
    If you need anyone to talk to , feel free to send me message, I will gladly help you the same way other brothers from this Ummah helped me on my path to Islam.
    May Allah guide you further on your path Assalamu alaikum
    | Likes azc, Snow liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Samiul123 View Post
    Bro, honestly pray in secret to Allah as much as you can. Also, just go to the mosque if there is any way. Try and talk to the brothers and try to find a way. It might be very difficult honestly, but sincerely make dua to Allah as much as you can for guidance. Inshallah Allah will guide you.
    I will do it when I have the courage thanks for the advice
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    hm.. maybe you could go into your room and pray... when your parents come in, simply stand up and pretend you were reading a book/on your phone? Keep a book or phone right next to you just in case.
    Well they still know it either way because they know how Muslims pray
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DunyaStory View Post
    Dear brother.
    I think I can understand you better then most because I was in similar situation, maybe even worse.
    I have converted to Islam in country where there are literally no muslims, I have no muslims friends, there are no mosques here.
    But still , I manage somehow to practice my beautiful religion, sometimes I cant pray, sometimes I have to hide it, but indeed reward from Allah is far greater then the trouble.
    If you need anyone to talk to , feel free to send me message, I will gladly help you the same way other brothers from this Ummah helped me on my path to Islam.
    May Allah guide you further on your path Assalamu alaikum
    Thanks I will pm you if I have any questions
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    *charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's definitely a difficult one. How old are you if You don't mind me asking? You seem young. But if you're not, is it possible for you to move out? Do you eat together as a family?

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your situation. It's definitely a difficult one. How old are you if You don't mind me asking? You seem young. But if you're not, is it possible for you to move out? Do you eat together as a family?
    Thank you for your reply
    Well I am 19 now and no it's not possible to move out because I just started uni and the uni is near my house plus my parents would not allow that either imo and yes I eat with my family but I try to avoid pork or any non halal food as much as possible.
    chat Quote

Search's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

(In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Brother, welcome to IB!

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your troubles, but I am happy to hear of your desire to convert. Please know that in Islam intentions are more important than actions, and therefore even if you're unable to pray or fast, then at least keep the intention and try if possible but do not sweat the stuff if you're unable to do so.

Early Muslims also had to hide their faith when they converted, and one of the things they used to do is read the Qur'an and pray in secret; so, you can do the same. It will be difficult for you, yes, but not impossible, brother.

I myself went from atheism to Islam, and therefore I know the value of Islam. So, don't let anyone or fear of any person keep you from converting because no one has the right to keep you from doing what you know is best and right for you; that said, always respect your family, especially your parents. They're just scared for you and probably afraid of what they think Islam is.

That said, just trust Allah. And keep in touch with us InshaAllah (God-willing) on IB here so that we can offer you support and encouragement. Remember that no one can harm you or benefit you without the will of Allah and so turn to Allah for both guidance and protection in all matters of concern.

Sincere Regards & Best Wishes,

format_quote Originally Posted by rafiq123 View Post
    Hi yes, thank you for your reply. First of all I understand that if I want to convert to Islam, I have to recite shadah and I have to pray and fast after I convert to Islam. I can't fast as I am living with my parents now and they will get suspicious if I don't eat anything and I can't pray because I don't want ppl to know that I am a Muslim. Moreover, if I go to local masjid for help, my parents will know that as well and it will turn into a big fuss. What can I do?
    | Likes MisterK liked this post
    chat Quote

MisterK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you for your reply
    Well I am 19 now and no it's not possible to move out because I just started uni and the uni is near my house plus my parents would not allow that either imo and yes I eat with my family but I try to avoid pork or any non halal food as much as possible.
    Are you allowed to lock your door when you wish to be left alone? If so, lock it for prayer times, since it shouldn't take too long for each prayer. Or if your uni has a prayer room, make use of that, perhaps. Or even if you know of any secluded spots at a park or something where people almost never go, maybe try to use such a place? And if you can't do any of this, at appointed prayer times, perhaps pray in your head, imagining yourself going through the motion. It may not be ideal, and may not be the appropriate manner of prayer, but I can't help but feel even that would be better than just not praying at all.

Regarding food, while it doesn't help for fasting purposes, maybe show an interest in going on a pescatarian diet around your family and friends, which is a vegetarian + seafood diet, which is all halal. And of course, on your own, if you still wanted to eat a burger or chicken or whatever, just make sure it is halal.
    | Likes Search liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamualaikum and a good Ramadan to everyone of you here. I am interested in Islam and wanted to convert but I am having problems with my family and friends. My parents told me that if anyone in the family convert to Islam, he/she will be kicked out of the family and they keep going on about Islamphobia on a daily basis. All my friends that I am in touch with are Islamphobia as well. I have a few Muslim friends but they are too busy and we rarely get in touch. What should I do ? I am totally lost now.
    Brother unfortunately I cannot reply to message so Ill answer you here.
    You are now part of Ummah where we are like family, we will gladly help you , we are brothers and sisters, it is an instruction from our Prophet (saw) to do so.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lkaoWLX2nA&t check this video on 1:21 you will find your answer about Ramadan.
    If you have any other question , please contact me on my whatsapp +385 95 368 1648 or my mail : [email protected]
    Allah hafiz!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Keep reading al fatiha, seven verses is all it is - al fatiha means "the opening" - may Allah open for you a way out of this mess, ameen!

Scimi

15noje9 1 - Converting in an Islamphobia environment
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Keep reading al fatiha, seven verses is all it is - al fatiha means "the opening" - may Allah open for you a way out of this mess, ameen!

Scimi
    Good advice brother, here is a video that helped me alot when I was starting : https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=3Y0IpkP3-Kk
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Search View Post
    (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)

Brother, welcome to IB!

I'm genuinely sorry to hear of your troubles, but I am happy to hear of your desire to convert. Please know that in Islam intentions are more important than actions, and therefore even if you're unable to pray or fast, then at least keep the intention and try if possible but do not sweat the stuff if you're unable to do so.

Early Muslims also had to hide their faith when they converted, and one of the things they used to do is read the Qur'an and pray in secret; so, you can do the same. It will be difficult for you, yes, but not impossible, brother.

I myself went from atheism to Islam, and therefore I know the value of Islam. So, don't let anyone or fear of any person keep you from converting because no one has the right to keep you from doing what you know is best and right for you; that said, always respect your family, especially your parents. They're just scared for you and probably afraid of what they think Islam is.

That said, just trust Allah. And keep in touch with us InshaAllah (God-willing) on IB here so that we can offer you support and encouragement. Remember that no one can harm you or benefit you without the will of Allah and so turn to Allah for both guidance and protection in all matters of concern.

Sincere Regards & Best Wishes,
    Yes thank you for your reply I will convert once I am ready
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
    Are you allowed to lock your door when you wish to be left alone? If so, lock it for prayer times, since it shouldn't take too long for each prayer. Or if your uni has a prayer room, make use of that, perhaps. Or even if you know of any secluded spots at a park or something where people almost never go, maybe try to use such a place? And if you can't do any of this, at appointed prayer times, perhaps pray in your head, imagining yourself going through the motion. It may not be ideal, and may not be the appropriate manner of prayer, but I can't help but feel even that would be better than just not praying at all.

Regarding food, while it doesn't help for fasting purposes, maybe show an interest in going on a pescatarian diet around your family and friends, which is a vegetarian + seafood diet, which is all halal. And of course, on your own, if you still wanted to eat a burger or chicken or whatever, just make sure it is halal.
    Hi yes thank you for your reply I will plan out the time to complete all 4 salat in one shot and for fajr I think there should not be any problem. Well my uni has a salat room but sadly my non Muslim friends would know I converted to Islam if I use it and I am scared that they will make a big fuss out of it and the prob is I live in a city and I don't think there is a place where it's less crowded( at least in my area) and for the food part honestly I can't do much due to the fact that my parents are the ones who decide what to buy I am not in authority to do so.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Other
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post

Scimi
    Thank you for ur reply and yes I have memorised all the verses in Alfatihah
    | Likes Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Very difficult situation!

How long you can keep your Islam in secrecy?

May Allah swt make it easy for you . Ameen

Allah (swt) knows best
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Converting in an Islamphobia environment Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Converting in an Islamphobia environment