Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I got attacked while praying

Report bad ads?

Assalamu alaikum my brothers.
    My name is Bruno, I converted to Islam 1 year ago. Few weeks ago I have started my youtube channel and I post some islam related videos.
    So my friend and me went to film ''Praying in public'' social experiment ( since that kind of experiment is really popular on youtube).
    We filmed prayer on 1st location without problem, but on second location some guy was sitting on a bench near me and while I was praying he was asking me what I'm doing and telling me to leave.
    I ignored that and actually thought that it will just show that some people dont like the idea of muslim praying ( I live in christian catholic country).
    But that same guy actually attacked me. We have everything on camera so I uploaded the video today to show to others what actually can happen to someone who is just praying in public, not hurting anyone.

https://youtu.be/OlizEEk-aJg
    | Likes Bobbyflay23 liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I got attacked while praying

I'll check it out after I shower
    | Likes czgibson liked this post
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

praying in public for a social experiment could be problematic for sincerity; prayer should be done only to please ALlah but obviously their is also a dual motive attached here

and unless necessary we shouldn't provoke the non-muslim; there is enough Islamaphobia as it is without us appearing to 'rub it in' to them so try to avoid public prayer unless very necessary

after all they are the indeginous people and original natives of this country so we should respect their feelings and sensetivities
    chat Quote

DunyaStory's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post
    praying in public for a social experiment could be problematic for sincerity; prayer should be done only to please ALlah but obviously their is also a dual motive attached here

and unless necessary we shouldn't provoke the non-muslim; there is enough Islamaphobia as it is without us appearing to 'rub it in' to them so try to avoid public prayer unless very necessary

after all they are the indeginous people and original natives of this country so we should respect their feelings and sensetivities
    My brother I respect your opinion, but I disagree a little bit. There are no mosques in my city. Should I never pray but only in my house ? I often pray in public, I dont do it in the middle of the road to bother someone. I do it in decent, spaceous locations.

I did not assault anyone, offend anyone, I basicly did not bother anyone whatsoever with my prayer, there is no excuse for someone to attack me.
    | Likes Umm Abed, Al Sultan liked this post
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DunyaStory View Post
    My brother I respect your opinion, but I disagree a little bit. There are no mosques in my city. Should I never pray but only in my house ? I often pray in public, I dont do it in the middle of the road to bother someone. I do it in decent, spaceous locations.

I did not assault anyone, offend anyone, I basicly did not bother anyone whatsoever with my prayer, there is no excuse for someone to attack me.
    couldn't you pray a bit far away from a man sitting in a bench?; that man probably thought you was taking the mick!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

muhammad (saw) used to pray out in the open in Makkah and got beat up for it
    Last edited by Bobbyflay23; 06-07-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You say Im doing it for wrong reason ?
    Did I do it to alone for myself to provoce people?
    I did it because
    1. I ACTUALLY pray every day
    2. 1.8 billion of muslims live in this world and I did it for every muslim that is going to pray in public, or think about praying in public
    I thought good about it before I did it and I know I did it for good reason, I should not be attacked for praying in the middle of forest
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I deleted this comment because i realized my comment was greatly influenced by abdullah aziz and my judgement was clouded because of it
    Last edited by Bobbyflay23; 06-07-2017 at 11:30 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Although it was a good video and I'm thankful for your effort and may allah reward you but don't go pray super close to people next time and stuff unless your in a neighbor hood like where I live where everyone's a aethist and or a gay rights supporter and super accepting to everything
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Scimitar's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    DAWAH DIGITAL
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My name is Bruno, I converted to Islam 1 year ago. Few weeks ago I have started my youtube channel and I post some islam related videos.
    So my friend and me went to film ''Praying in public'' social experiment ( since that kind of experiment is really popular on youtube).
    We filmed prayer on 1st location without problem, but on second location some guy was sitting on a bench near me and while I was praying he was asking me what I'm doing and telling me to leave.
    I ignored that and actually thought that it will just show that some people dont like the idea of muslim praying ( I live in christian catholic country).
    But that same guy actually attacked me. We have everything on camera so I uploaded the video today to show to others what actually can happen to someone who is just praying in public, not hurting anyone.

Just shared with the Dawah brothers from London UK - your vid may hit many more hits now in sh'Allah because they will see it, and they have viral channels and may make a response video to this which means you will reach many more people with your videos in sh'Allah.

Scimi
    | Likes DunyaStory, greenhill liked this post

15noje9 1 - I got attacked while praying
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Just shared with the Dawah brothers from London UK - your vid may hit many more hits now in sh'Allah because they will see it, and they have viral channels and may make a response video to this which means you will reach many more people with your videos in sh'Allah.

Scimi
    JazakAllah khair dear brother.
    May Allah truly reward you for your help. I hope our brothers will see this video and get encouraged.
    | Likes Scimitar, Bobbyflay23, noraina liked this post
    chat Quote

urkahnkhan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Which country is this brother. I subscribed your channel. Keeping uploading.
    chat Quote

keiv's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't see anything wrong with what he did. He didn't appear to be praying super close to anyone in the video. The other people on the bench, although were staring, minded their own business. The problem here isn't that they prayed in public, it's the fact that this chump walked up to someone in the middle of prayer and kicked them.

Just look at the dawah videos at the speakers corners. They call out the adhan and pray in public in a area with a lot of traffic..
    | Likes Bobbyflay23, DunyaStory liked this post
    chat Quote

Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You have a right to pray to your Creator and He has more right and priority than anyone or thing else, I think the warped media image they have of Islam makes some of them hate you.
    Abu Bakr used to pray in public as a form of dawah for Allah's sake despite the difficulties and people would gather to watch.

One thing I noticed though is that when you made prostration, you moved back......have you not been to a mosque since you accepted Islam?

| Likes Bobbyflay23 liked this post

2dvls74 1 - I got attacked while praying

2vw9341 1 - I got attacked while praying

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Life_Is_Short's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu alaykum,

If the purpose of the social experiment is to guide people to Islam brother, as in give dawah than this is not the best way to go about it. Praying in public spaces isn't how the prophet gave dawah. You should instead talk with people in a friendly manner and let them know about Islam before maybe praying in front of them. You could have perhaps asked the man first if you could pray in the space if you suspected that he was getting angry.

Plus, a social experiment like that isn't really called for especially since Islam is already under public scrutiny due to recent events in England. People are angry & those that misunderstand Islam blame muslims and Islamic teachings.
    | Likes Bobbyflay23, Scimitar liked this post
    chat Quote

Bosanac's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was also going to reply with a similar notion that praying for a social experiment probably isn't a good idea, especially getting too close to someone to the point they feel uncomfortable. But once I saw the video, the attack was completely unprovoked. That's messed up.

What led to this? The clip is really short. Was there an argument before the prayer started?
    chat Quote

Search's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I watched the video: The attack recorded is completely unprovoked.

I pray publicly in my office, and thankfully no one has ever said any words in the way of a concern or a negative opinion.

I am sorry that happened to you, brother. However, please do not engage in any type of physical altercation with anyone, however, even if should someone behave aggressively towards you; I understand that what the man did you is wrong, very wrong. That said, it is never a good idea to engage with another lest you become an aggressor or be perceived as such and then reported to the police and arrested.

As you may have reason to know more than anyone, a convert, our time is not the best of times to be a Muslim; we're as Muslims perceived collectively as subversive, evil, or alternatively enablers of terrorism even when that is not the case.

However, I'm glad that you're okay.

Best Wishes,

| Likes azc, Eric H, Al Sultan liked this post
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can pray salah anywhere though but if praying in public causes fitnah, then preferably, be prayed in mosque or home.

I've prayed salah in public places.
    e.g.
    Bus stand, railway platform, road, roadside hotel, bus, school, running train, by river, bridge etc.
    My late uncle prayed salah even in temple (Hindu worshipping place)

If you don't have masjid in your town then make a house as Masjid and pray salah in congregation.
    | Likes Eric H liked this post

Allah (swt) knows best
    chat Quote

azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz View Post

He reminds us hazrat Abudar ghiffari RA who prayed salah in kaba before mushrikeen

Allah (swt) knows best
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you DunyaStory;

You have come to an understanding that Allah saved you from dying in a car crash, and it seems as if Allah has a plan for your life, you are being called to do something. Pray for guidance to do the will of Allah, if you were meant to reach out to your angry attacker, then Allah may well place him in your path again. Pray that Allah will give you the words and action to do his will.

I watched the video, and the guy did seem angry with you. I have found in life that often people have a reason and right to be angry, but they often take their anger out on innocent people who have nothing to do with their problems. The chances are this angry man will know that he was in the wrong, there is even the chance that he might apologise if he saw you again.

The prophet, pbuh, always seemed to deal patiently and kindly with his adversaries, and in the end, this would win them over.

Tonight, I shall be wondering the streets until about 4 am with our Street Pastor team, we come into contact with a lot of drunk and angry people. We go out because we care about people, we listen and help when we can, all this depends on prayer first. I have been hit, and on occasions we get a lot of abuse, but we pray for a blessing on our enemies, we look for the good in all people. Everyone matters to God, and so everyone should matter to me also.

The idea of street pastors came about many years ago in Jamaica, a friend of a church minister was shot and killed by a gang of youths. After the funeral, the minister got together with a few parishioner's and they prayed for the gangs, these were kids living in poverty and on drugs. After praying for them, they went out to try and help these kids, but how do you reason with gangs of kids on drugs? They showed these kids kindness, they tried to help their problems, and the church had a profound affect on these troubled kids.

Just some rambling thoughts about how you might view your attacker.

Blessings,
    Eric
    | Likes sister herb, Al Sultan liked this post

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! I got attacked while praying Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I got attacked while praying