star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Credit card fraud

Report bad ads?

I was once offered some cash by someone to deliever some items to my house because he said he "did not have enough space etc" to store these items he sells.

Me believing him thought why not so i done this like 4-5 times with him and then realised that he could be using stolen card details to make purchases to my house.. because i found out his friends use stolen cards.

So i asked him and he denied it but i dont believe him...

Now IF he did use stolen cards to make delieveries to my house... will police come to my house and charge and ask me to pay for everything?

Even though i had no idea but since it was my address being used they would probably send me to jail?

Any advice?
    | Likes Bobbyflay23 liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    fromelsewhere's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Credit card fraud

I am no expert but I don't think that the police will charge you, providing that you stop accepting his credit card payments. What is likely to happen is that the money he paid you will not count and you will lose it.
    chat Quote

Slaveofthelord's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by fromelsewhere View Post
    I am no expert but I don't think that the police will charge you, providing that you stop accepting his credit card payments. What is likely to happen is that the money he paid you will not count and you will lose it.
    Sorry bro but i did not understand what you are trying to say
    chat Quote

Bobbyflay23's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord View Post
    I was once offered some cash by someone to deliever some items to my house because he said he "did not have enough space etc" to store these items he sells.

Me believing him thought why not so i done this like 4-5 times with him and then realised that he could be using stolen card details to make purchases to my house.. because i found out his friends use stolen cards.

So i asked him and he denied it but i dont believe him...

Now IF he did use stolen cards to make delieveries to my house... will police come to my house and charge and ask me to pay for everything?

Even though i had no idea but since it was my address being used they would probably send me to jail?

Any advice?
    Snitch on your friend give the police all the details of the man call the police to investigate the figure before they investigate you so they know what's up
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    ardianto's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord View Post
    Assalamualaikum.

I do not mean to scare you, but .... Credit card theft is not a civil case like bad debts that can be settled by payment, but a criminal case which the penalty is imprisonment.

If indeed the funds to purchase the goods were from credit card theft, then you were in trouble. Police would interrogate you with suspicion of cooperating with your friends.

If you suspect that your friend is doing a credit card theft, you better stop receiving the goods he bought. The compensation he offers is nothing compared to the risk.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Credit card fraud Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Credit card fraud