star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What is Assertiveness.

Report bad ads?

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
    In seeing the state of our marraiges in the west at least, I would like to add something motivating and education to the negative vibe we get with all the rumors of domestic violence and abuse in our families today. I believe its largely a probably of inadequate knowledge and training and it can be fixed for all parties involved with time.
    So, on that note, I made this blog to educate all on what is assertiveness and how not develop unassertive behaviours.
    Note, i am not a doctor, Im just a nerd who likes to research and make blogs
    http://lisathewayitis.blogspot.ca/20...-spectrum.html
    http://www.lifeonthespectrum.net/blog/?page_id=3043

asseritive.jpg
    Last edited by noor grant; 07-24-2017 at 11:12 PM. Reason: forget my blog link
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What is Assertiveness.

Greetings and peace be with you noor grant;

In seeing the state of our marraiges in the west at least,
    Well, today is my thirty second wedding anniversary. But like you I am deeply saddened that so many marriages seem to suffer violence and end in divorce.

I am not sure I agree with being assertive as a recipe for a happy marriage, I feel it is about trying to bring out the best in your spouse, and to earn respect. Life is a journey, always one day at a time and we both change over the years. At times it can seem like a battle ground, life throws a lot of problems at you, and rather than trying to win an argument, I try and find a solution where there are no loosers.

I have found that we are much stronger together than we would be apart. Staying married is one of the toughest thing we do in life, it can seem like a continuous struggle.

Just my two cents worth.

Blessings,
    Eric
    What is Assertiveness.

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

sister herb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would like to add one more ingredient for the recipe of happy marriage: forgiveness. But surely many other ingredients are needed too.
    | Likes noor grant, Eric H liked this post
    What is Assertiveness.

From Occupied Palestine:

We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.

chat Quote

noor grant's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes of course sis!!

Marriage is a multi-faceted institution. Masha allah.

There are many things that make it work and succeed. Being assertive in communication is just one of them
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! What is Assertiveness. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What is Assertiveness.