star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hijrah

Report bad ads?

Im pretty young but I want to make hijrah in the future. I currently live in Canada and although I'm able to practice my religion, it's extremely hard. there values are pretty much against Islam, and the two main political views also seem to go against Islam.

They support lewdness here, and embrace and celebrate sex and homosexuality. There are very little Muslims here and I don't feel much of a connection with the one here anyways. I recently moved to a little town full of white Christians, and I'm a black Muslim so it's really hard to connect with people.

That is only the social aspect, there's the financial one too, almost everything here involves RIBA and trying not to do haraam is like walking a type rope.

They demonize you for disagreeing with homosexuality and other sins, and it's hard to give dawah because of the image portrayed of Muslims.

I do hope to make hijrah in the future but I do not wanna leave my family, I never really got to know the "rest of my family" (aka everyone but my mom dad and siblings) so I have no one but then, I have no connection to my homeland or my culture so i dont think I could go back to where I'm from.

I'm honestly grateful that Canada is not as bad as let's say Europe or America, but there seems to be a trend where Canada usually follows these countries and I fear that we will be opressed in the future.

I know a lot of Muslims here are from different countries, but which Muslim country do you think I should consider moving to in the future?
    | Likes Alamgir liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hijrah

One where the common people respect Islamic norms, you may find some hypocrisy and some leadership tyranny in them - but you will most likely be able to get by in society without being required to claim or imply that Allah 's will and laws are unnecessary and may be disrespected simply for the sake of being accepted as a "good person" .
    when you shout out the just truth in society - the common people - no matter how ignorant or relatively astray will whisper amongst each other "he/she 's right".
    Hijrah

2dvls74 1 - Hijrah

2vw9341 1 - Hijrah

chat Quote

anatolian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thats the general behavior of societies. We tend to exclude the different one. Now if you go to a muslim society whose norms are different than yours you may face the similar hardships. I would stay in my country unless I am oppresed because of Islam. Canada atleast seems safe more than its southern neighbour especially with the current prime minister.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Awaiting email confirmation
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by happymuslim View Post
    Im pretty young but I want to make hijrah in the future. I currently live in Canada and although I'm able to practice my religion, it's extremely hard. there values are pretty much against Islam, and the two main political views also seem to go against Islam.

They support lewdness here, and embrace and celebrate sex and homosexuality. There are very little Muslims here and I don't feel much of a connection with the one here anyways. I recently moved to a little town full of white Christians, and I'm a black Muslim so it's really hard to connect with people.

That is only the social aspect, there's the financial one too, almost everything here involves RIBA and trying not to do haraam is like walking a type rope.

They demonize you for disagreeing with homosexuality and other sins, and it's hard to give dawah because of the image portrayed of Muslims.

I do hope to make hijrah in the future but I do not wanna leave my family, I never really got to know the "rest of my family" (aka everyone but my mom dad and siblings) so I have no one but then, I have no connection to my homeland or my culture so i dont think I could go back to where I'm from.

I'm honestly grateful that Canada is not as bad as let's say Europe or America, but there seems to be a trend where Canada usually follows these countries and I fear that we will be opressed in the future.

I know a lot of Muslims here are from different countries, but which Muslim country do you think I should consider moving to in the future?
    Asalamu Alaikum

You have to remember that many countries that have large numbers of people that identify as Muslim aren't exactly Islamic utopia's, but inshallah you will at least find them to be more appropriate environments and not as bad as Canada.

There are plenty of places to go, but some of them (e.g the Gulf) are very selective, so how easily you will be able to move there shall depend on the qualifications of your future husband.

However, I do think the best thing to do would be for you to go back to your country of ethnic origin, or a place where you will look like the native residents. As depressing as it is, racism is a problem in our Ummah, especially towards those of a darker complexion. You need to consider this when you make hijrah.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    happymuslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't think this is something that I can control, Allah has a plan, and wherever I find myself in the future facing whatever struggle it is, I'll have to live my situation I guess. Thanks for the words of advice though.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Hijrah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hijrah