× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 4 of 4 visibility 1260

Did i just backbite?

Studentofdeed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Did i just backbite?

Report bad ads?

My sister hired a photographer for her engagement and he charged way too much and the photos turned out very poor. I was laughing saying the quality is so poor that it makes my uncle look like he is ill. Is this backbiting, if so, how can I repent?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Abz2000's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Abz Iz Back!!!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Did i just backbite?

Flipping hell, next you'll be wondering if you were backbiting if you say: "this phone is heavy" , or "this sweater feels stuffy" -and wonder if you should be repenting of backbiting the manufacturer.

There is a difference between sincere intellectual critique - and malicious character assassination.
    If you were saying it because you were trying to undermine the person - it is likely that you were backbiting.
    If you were saying it because you were sincerely critiquing the work and would hold yourself by the same standards, then it is likely that you were positively contributing.
    Did i just backbite?

2dvls74 1 - Did i just backbite?

2vw9341 1 - Did i just backbite?

chat Quote

Studentofdeed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Slave of Allah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So it criticism is allowed?
    chat Quote

Mandy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Studentofdeed View Post
    My sister hired a photographer for her engagement and he charged way too much and the photos turned out very poor. I was laughing saying the quality is so poor that it makes my uncle look like he is ill. Is this backbiting, if so, how can I repent?
    Just try to be nice to your sister. This is a very important moment of her life and I am sure she is extremely nervous. Many of us don't make the best decision when we are this nervous, that might be why she agreed to pay that much. She is probably just as disappointed as you are with the photos, but its not like they can be re-taken. Just don't remind her of it.
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Did i just backbite? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Did i just backbite?