× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 2 of 2 visibility 4928

Did Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah die as a disbeliever?

nimaaa's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Did Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah die as a disbeliever?

Report bad ads?

Just curious if he ever converted to islam after admiting that the quran was not human.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    azc's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Did Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah die as a disbeliever?

ibn Mugheera was a staunch enemy who openly ridiculed the Quran:"Then said he: "This is nothing but magic, derived from of old; this is nothing but the word of a mortal!" )Quran 74:24-25(The Quran prophesized he will never accept Islam:"Soon will I cast him into Hell-Fire! And what will explain to thee what Hell-Fire is? It leaves naught nor does it spare aught." )Quran 74:26-28(Waleed died in a state of disbelief as prophesized by the Quran.Is this true and is it ok to use in dawah? I was worried because I was not sure that classical scholars considered this a miracle. There is no need to quote scholars views if that takes time because I might want to use this soon.

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammadis His slave and Messenger.

What you mentioned is correct, and those verses were revealed about Al-Waleed ibn Al-Mugheerah according to the view of most interpreters of the Quran.
    Ibn Katheer said about the interpretation of these verses: “The person who is mentioned in this discussion is Al-Waleed ibn Al-Mugheerah Al-Makhzoomi. He was one of the chiefs of the Quraysh –may Allah curse him.” ]End of quote[

We did not understand exactly what you meant with your question about whether or not it is OK to use this matter in Da’wah to Allah. In any case, if you are asking about the permissibility of using this story in Da'wah discourse, then we say that there is nothing wrong in using it and reciting the verse in Da'wah and in admonitions. However, one should be wise and take into account the circumstances of the person he is inviting, the context of speech, and how useful would mentioning this story be, and other matters which the preacher is required to take into consideration.

Allah knows best.

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/in...waId&Id=370573

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?opt...k=view&id=1438
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! Did Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah die as a disbeliever? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Did Al-Walid bin Al-Mughirah die as a disbeliever?