Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Kinds of Mistakes in Tajweed

Report bad ads?

The scholars have divided the types of mistakes one might fall into when reciting the Qur’an into two types:

1.Clear mistakes and
    2.Unobvious (hidden) mistakes.

The Clear mistakes must be avoided by all and to avoid them one must know the rules
    of Tajweed. If a person falls into the Clear Mistakes, this is considered a sin and Ibn
    Taymiyyah even regarded it undesirable for a Student of Knowledge (i.e. someone who knows Tajweed) to pray behind a person who makes Clear Mistakes in their Salaah. As for the Unobvious mistakes, then the ruling on them is lighter and the recitation of a person falling into this type of mistake is regarded as lacking in completeness and prayer behind such a person is sound.

Reciting the Qur’an melodiously
    The Prophet (SAW) used to recite the Qur’an in slow, measured, rhythmic tones as
    Allah had instructed him, not hurriedly, but rather “he would recite a surah in such slow rhythmic tones that it would be longer than it would seem possible.”[Muslim, Muwatta] He would stop at the end of each aayah [Abu Dawud]. He commanded people to recite in a beautiful voice in a pleasant melodious tone. He said “Beautify the Qur’an with your voices [for a fine voice increases the Qur’an in beauty]”[Bukhari] and he said “He who does not recite the Qur’an in a pleasant tone is not of us.”[Abu Dawud]

Unfortunately all too often we find people reciting the Qur’an quickly and without
    changing their tone and without any feeling. We should put all our efforts into reciting the Qur’an with as much feeling as we can! Have you ever prayed behind an Imam who read with feeling? Well the Prophet (SAW) said “Truly the one who has one of the finest voices among the people for reciting the Qur’an is the one whom you think fears Allah when you hear him recite.”[Daarimi, Tabaraani]

And once when the Prophet (SAW) complimented Abu Moosaa al-Ash’ari on the
    beauty of his recitation, Abu Moosaa said “Had I known you were there, I would have made my voice more pleasant and emotional for you.”[Bukhari, Muslim]

Let us remember, that the Qur’an is the word of Allah. In it we find exhortations,
    warnings, glad-tidings, parables, stories of the past, commands and prohibitions. Aayaat to make us think, reflect, cry, fear, hope, love, fall down in prostration! How can we recite all of this without feeling!? When we recite an aayah of Qur’an we should imagine that we are trying to feel and convey the full message behind that aayah. Perhaps some of us don’t feel confident.

I believe that this lack of confidence comes partly from not knowing the rules of
    Tajweed correctly and so fearing that we will make mistakes and partly from not
    understanding the meaning of what we are reciting. So let us work hard to remove these two obstacles by learning Tajweed and working towards learning Arabic.
    Maha M Rashed

start correcting your Quran recitation at Firdaws Academy
    | Likes MazharShafiq liked this post
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Kinds of Mistakes in Tajweed

Nice Quran learning academy. Inshaa'allah many people can benefit from it.

You stated that those who make mistakes are sinning? Please provide us with proof on that.

I know we should do our best to learn quran with tajweed. But there are many non Arab even Arab people (me) who don't know the proper arabic (fusha) very well. We obviously make mistakes. Last I checked the prophet Muhammad ﷺ said those who struggle and stutter with reading the quran is rewarded twice. It is scary to say someone who makes mistakes as sinning. This is gonna put people off reading the quran.

Three simple rules in life:

1) If you do not go after what you want, you will never have it
    2) If you don't ask, the answer will always be no.
    3) If you do not step forward, you'll always be in the same place
    chat Quote

4. Hide
Hey there! Kinds of Mistakes in Tajweed Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Kinds of Mistakes in Tajweed