star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sadaq Allah al aliyal Azeem

Report bad ads?

Is it permissible to say sadaq Allah al aliyal Azeem because Allah is described as Aliyal many time in the Quran. Famously after Ayat al Kursi. Can I say this instead of sadaq Allah al Azeem.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Sadaq Allah al aliyal Azeem

One way to follow the sunnah is, to follow the inheritors of the sunnah who are the Scholars of Islam, so it's best just to say what they say, SadaqAllah hulAzeem!
    chat Quote

ZeeshanParvez's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SheikhAli View Post
    Is it permissible to say sadaq Allah al aliyal Azeem because Allah is described as Aliyal many time in the Quran. Famously after Ayat al Kursi. Can I say this instead of sadaq Allah al Azeem.
    The best way to follow the Sunnah is to follow what the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) did.

Who knows the Sunnah better than the Companions?

Did they say this after they recited?

No, they did not. There is no basis to this. Avoid bid'ah.

Follow the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them) regarding whom Allaah said in the Qur'aan

He is pleased with them and they are pleased with him

- - - Updated - - -

فإنَّ ما سمِعْتَهُ من أنَّ قَوْلَ القارئ بعد الانتهاء من قراءة القرآن: (صدق اللَّهُ العظيم) بِدْعَةٌ، هو الحقُّ؛ لأنَّه لم يُنْقَلْ عن النَّبيِّ صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم ولا عن أحدٍ منَ الصَّحابة رضي الله عنهم ولا أئمَّة السَّلَف رحمهم الله

As for what you have heard the Qaari saying after the completion of the recitation of the Qur'aan:

Sadaqallaahul aziim

Then this is a bid'ah! This is the truth

Becuase it has not been narrated from the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) or anyone of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them all) or any of the 'a'immah of the Salaf (may Allaah have mercy on them).

Avoid bid'ah and those who promote it.
    chat Quote

ZeeshanParvez's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

وممَّا يدلُّ على أنَّ التزامَها عَقِبَ القراءة بِدْعَةٌ مُحْدَثَةٌ، ولا أصل له في الشَّرْع المُطَهَّر؛ ما رواهُ البخاريُّ، عن عبدالله بن مسعودٍ قال: قال لي النَّبىُّ صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم: "اقْرَأْ عَلَيَّ. قلتُ: يا رسول الله، آقْرَأُ عليكَ وعليكَ أُنْزِلَ؟! قال: نعم؛ فقَرَأْتُ سورةَ النِّساءِ، حتَّى أَتَيْتُ إلى هذه الآيةِ: {فَكَيْفَ إِذَا جِئْنَا مِنْ كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ بِشَهِيدٍ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ عَلَى هَؤُلَاءِ شَهِيدًا} [النساء: 41] قال: حَسْبُكَ الآنَ. فالْتَفَتُّ إليه؛ فإذا عيناهُ تَذْرِفَان"، فليس فيه أن ابن مسعود صدَّق بعد انتهائه، ولا ذَكَّره النبي صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم بها.

The following hadiith which Imaam al-Bukhaari has narrated is evidence
    that to habitually say sadaqallaahul azeem at the end of the recitation of the Qur'aan is a newly invented bid'ah which has no basis in the pure Islamic legislation of Allaah

Narrated `Abdullah bin Mas`ud:

The Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said to me, "Recite (the Qur'an) to me." I said, "O Allah's Messenger (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) Shall I recite (the Qur'an) to you while it has been revealed to you?" He said, "Yes." So I recited Surat-An-Nisa' (The Women), but when I recited the Verse: 'How (will it be) then when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad) as a witness against these people.' (4.41) He said, "Enough for the present," I looked at him and behold! His eyes were overflowing with tears

Sahiih al-Bukhaari

There is no mention that Ibn Mas'uud said Sadaqallaahul azeem at the end of his recitation

There is no mention that the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) mentioned it either

Follow the Qur'aan, Sunnah, and the way of the Companions (may Allaah be pleased with them). That is the way to success.

وممَّا يدلُّ على أنَّ التزامَها عَقِبَ القراءة بِدْعَةٌ مُحْدَثَةٌ، ولا أصل له في الشَّرْع المُطَهَّر؛ ما رواهُ البخاريُّ، عن عبدالله بن مسعودٍ قال: قال لي النَّبىُّ صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم: "اقْرَأْ عَلَيَّ. قلتُ: يا رسول الله، آقْرَأُ عليكَ وعليكَ أُنْزِلَ؟! قال: نعم؛ فقَرَأْتُ سورةَ النِّساءِ، حتَّى أَتَيْتُ إلى هذه الآيةِ: {فَكَيْفَ إِذَا جِئْنَا مِنْ كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ بِشَهِيدٍ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ عَلَى هَؤُلَاءِ شَهِيدًا} [النساء: 41] قال: حَسْبُكَ الآنَ. فالْتَفَتُّ إليه؛ فإذا عيناهُ تَذْرِفَان"، فليس فيه أن ابن مسعود صدَّق بعد انتهائه، ولا ذَكَّره النبي صلَّى الله عليه وسلَّم بها.

رابط المادة: http://iswy.co/e44mp
    chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! Sadaq Allah al aliyal Azeem Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Sadaq Allah al aliyal Azeem