Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Everything happens for what?

Report bad ads?

Salaam

I want to know does everything happen for the best? Or isit sometimes for the best and sometimes a because you sinned ( which isn’t for the best)

Some people say all these different things and it has confused me. I know everything is already written and nothing happens that we can’t handle, but does it mean it’s all for the best or also for bad
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    'Abdullah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Layman
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Everything happens for what?

Assalam O Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuh,

Welcome to the forum!
    Everything that happens to a believer is good or it has more good in it than bad. Alhamdulillah, it is always a win-win situation for the believer. How - Let's look at few hadith to understand this better:
    Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
    The affair of the believer is amazing! The whole of his life is beneficial, and that is only in the case of the believer. When good times come to him, he is thankful and it is good for him, and when bad times befall him, he is patient and it is also good for him. (narrated by Muslim).
    Indeed, we all fall sick, get into accidents, or are saddened at times of despair. However, the believer easily overcomes such hardships. Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
    When the believer is afflicted with pain, even that of a prick of a thorn or more, God forgives his sins. (narrated by Bukhari)
    It is reported that Abu Hurayrah, the companion of the Prophet, had a favorite illness! He is reported to have said:
    “There is no illness that afflicts me more beloved to me than fever; it enters every part of me and [because of it] Allah the Mighty and Sublime gives every part of me its share of reward. (narrated by Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad).
    Subhana’Allah, if only we could all celebrate when we got sick or something misfortunate happened to us!
    In terms of hardship, we should look to the Quran for guidance as it states:
    Those who patiently preserve will truly receive a reward without measure (Quran 39:10)
    and
    And bear in patience whatever maybe fall you: this, behold, is something to set one’s heart upon( Quran 31:17).
    Understand these hadiths and verses of Quran and you will understand why everything what happens to a believer is always good. For disbelievers, it is a different story. They may have lot of wealth, power, beauty etc. in this life but these are means to cover their hearts from recognizing the obvious truth.
    I hope you find this helpful.
    Ma'aSalaam
    | Likes Eric H liked this post
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

It is for both, but only Allah holds this knowledge. Either way it is for your best. If Allah punishes you in this world for your sins, it is easier than the punishment in the hereafter. If you handle it with patience, then it is a great reward for you and in fact erases your sins. So no matter what, if you are a believer, any hardship inflicted upon us is essentially good for us as long as we handle it with grace inshallah.
    | Likes Ümit, lildurkotf, Eric H liked this post

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

lildurkotf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HabibUrrehman View Post
    Assalam O Alaikum WaRahmatullahi WaBarakatuh,

Welcome to the forum!
    Everything that happens to a believer is good or it has more good in it than bad. Alhamdulillah, it is always a win-win situation for the believer. How - Let's look at few hadith to understand this better:
    Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

Indeed, we all fall sick, get into accidents, or are saddened at times of despair. However, the believer easily overcomes such hardships. Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

It is reported that Abu Hurayrah, the companion of the Prophet, had a favorite illness! He is reported to have said:

Subhana’Allah, if only we could all celebrate when we got sick or something misfortunate happened to us!
    In terms of hardship, we should look to the Quran for guidance as it states:
    and

Understand these hadiths and verses of Quran and you will understand why everything what happens to a believer is always good. For disbelievers, it is a different story. They may have lot of wealth, power, beauty etc. in this life but these are means to cover their hearts from recognizing the obvious truth.
    I hope you find this helpful.
    Ma'aSalaam
    Jzk very helpful
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you lildurkotf;

does it mean it’s all for the best or also for bad
    Bad things happen, but we have choices in how we respond.

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later. I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for tests, you wait for the results, and you wait for more tests. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

In the spirit of searching for a peace that surpasses all understanding;

Eric

You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.
    chat Quote

8. Hide
Hey there! Everything happens for what? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Everything happens for what?