Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Help on Ibn Kathir commentary ayat 4:157

Report bad ads?

Assalaumaiakum,

In the quran, it stated very clearly that,
    Quran 4:157 Sahih International And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.
    But my christian friend ask me on Ibn Kathir commentary below, where did Ibn Kathir get his side of story?
    https://quran.com/4:155/tafsirs/169 he said to his companions, "Who volunteers to be made to look like me, for which he will be my companion in Paradise" A young man volunteered, but `Isa thought that he was too young. He asked the question a second and third time, each time the young man volunteering, prompting `Isa to say, "Well then, you will be that man." Allah made the young man look exactly like `Isa, while a hole opened in the roof of the house, and `Isa was made to sleep and ascended to heaven while asleep.
    I cannot find any reference to support this claim, and no where in any hadeeth from our beloved prophet pbuh.

Please guide me. Thanks.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ümit's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Help on Ibn Kathir commentary ayat 4:157

format_quote Originally Posted by raracukcam View Post
    Assalaumaiakum,

In the quran, it stated very clearly that,

But my christian friend ask me on Ibn Kathir commentary below, where did Ibn Kathir get his side of story?

I cannot find any reference to support this claim, and no where in any hadeeth from our beloved prophet pbuh.

Please guide me. Thanks.
    The answer to that question can be found on the same page you mentioned:
    https://quran.com/4:155/tafsirs/169
    Ibn Kathir mentioned that this came from a report of ibn Abbas.

In Tafseer ibn Kathir (4/337), commenting on this report: This is a saheeh isnaad going back to Ibn ‘Abbaas. Similarly it was narrated from more than one of the salaf that he said to them: “Which of you will be made to look like me and be killed in my stead, and he will be my companion in Paradise?”
    | Likes eesa the kiwi, Flos liked this post
    chat Quote

raracukcam's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Help on Ibn Kathir commentary ayat 4:157

Assalamualaikum,

Ok got it, from Ibn Abbass. Is that the only source? From who Ibn Abbass get his source then?
    chat Quote

5. Hide
Hey there! Help on Ibn Kathir commentary ayat 4:157 Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Help on Ibn Kathir commentary ayat 4:157