Are you stressed? Tips please.

Report bad ads?

Tips on how relieve stress please...
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Are you stressed?

Listen to qur'ân or take some deep breaths, or take a nice long hot shower!

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"O mankind, there has come unto you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the heart and for those who believe in guidance and mercy" (Quran 10:57).

"We have sent down in the Quran that which is healing and a mercy to those who believe" (Quran 17:82)

A really good recitor is sa'ad al ghamdi masha Allaah. So you can download his recitations off this link insha Allaah:

Qur'an Recitations.
    http://quran.jalisi.com

And read the translation/arabic text/transliteration off this link insha Allaah:
    http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/index.asp

chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

A lot things stress me out, early mornings, bad weather, rude people, but then I realise that this dunya is a test and it calms me down.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    DaSangarTalib's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post

"O mankind, there has come unto you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the heart and for those who believe in guidance and mercy" (Quran 10:57).

"We have sent down in the Quran that which is healing and a mercy to those who believe" (Quran 17:82)

A really good recitor is sa'ad al ghamdi masha Allaah. So you can download his recitations off this link insha Allaah:

Qur'an Recitations.
    http://quran.jalisi.com

And read the translation/arabic text/transliteration off this link insha Allaah:
    http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/index.asp

Jazka'Allah khair...excellent suggestion :thankyou:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace Hannah;

This is a beautiful, powerful and simple prayer that has helped me to overcome fear and depression a number of times in life, and it has helped me to grow stronger in faith.

Give me the peace and serenity to live with the things I can not change.
    Grant me the courage to change the things I can.
    And give me the wisdom to know the difference.

To try and understand how the prayer works here is an explanation of how one woman used this prayer in London whilst it was being bombed most days during the second world war.
    She had no control of were the bombs would land, or if any of her friends or family would be killed, she did not know if she would be killed, or her house bombed. She had to carry on with life, and feed herself and her family. So she prayed for the peace and serenity to live with all the chaos of other peoples actions around her that she could not change and that she had no control over.

The only thing she could change was herself and what is going on in her own mind, and so the only thing she was able to change was herself. Somehow there is the need to come to terms with all the very real fears in life and be able to live with them and overcome them.

There is the need to live at peace with yourself and strive to live in peace with all your neighbours despite all the hate that may exist. The more you come to understand were the problem lies the more you seem to gain a greater inner strength and wisdom.

In the spirit of seking peace

Eric
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I do a few things:

1. Listen to Qur'an
    2. Recite Qur'an
    3. Listen to Anasheed
    4. Sing Anasheed
    5. Talk to some brothers
    6. Wrestle with my brother
    7. Hit something really hard (like a pillow or something)

I'll update this list later..

Eric, thanks for the poem, do you recite that to yourself when you're stressed?

In the spirit of finding out how to be less stressed, innit
    chat Quote

Brother_Mujahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To infinity & beyond
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Tips on how relieve stress please...
    what a farce i open this thread in the hope that i will find tips on how to relieve stress in the first post......... luckly i found some tips in the posts which proceeded.

the point is: when in a stressful situation look at your status from a positive perspective and not from a negative one. always look on the bright side and have hope. as they say there is alwways light at the end on the tunnel.

when we are stressed it is always good to remain patient and calm and above all having reliance and need of Allah. through asking and praying to Allah continuously we remember Allah and through this our connection to Allah remains. so whatever befalls us we always rember Allah and ask of his help and remembering this you will live a stress free life. inshallah

So just to reiterate when you are stressed allow time to pass and see what is to come just like my first comment in this post.

wa'alykumasalam

Member of - LI's MTL™crew (Marriage thread lovers)-
    chat Quote

Halima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Tips to relieve stress...

• do some extra prayers..

• write it out

• run..loq

• drink some tea

I hope I helped insha'Allah.

Do your charity in the name of Da'wah and help us out

Insha'Allah Khair.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace Far7an,

That was a prayer I posted and not a poem, and sorry it was my fault I should have written the first line as.

Lord, grant me the peace and serenity to live with the things I cannot change.

At 56 I guess I am older than a lot of people on this forum, and I have had just a few struggles in life. Somehow in life you have to gain some kind of mental strength each day, it offers a cumlative effect, sometimes you suffer and loose but overall there is the need to feel mentally tougher.

By the time you reach your forties or fifties, you will have found a coping mechanism for life or you will be taking a cocktail of medication, drugs or alcohol and have the feeling of depression.

My role models in life are all the little old ladies in our church who are in their 70’s and 80;s, there are a few guys as well. They run around helping others, visiting the sick, making teas in the café voluntarily, running disabled people around in their cars, doing events to raise money for charities, and they are just so full of life.

I often feel when we concentrate too much on our own problems, we can become depressed, when we help others and take on their problems it seems to be a way of not worrying too much about ourselves.

My mum was another role model for me, for about the last 25 years of her life she was totally paralysed and could not move her arms or legs. We had to help her get dressed, feed her, help her to the toilet, she suffered bed sores and could not sit in her wheel chair for more than a couple of hours a day. She never complained, she always asked how we were, she always wanted to hear what we were up to, and she never liked to burden us with her problem.

Towards the end of her life she used to say she was ready to meet God, physically her body had wasted away, but mentally she was so incredibly strong and kind she faced each new day with a kind thought.

Life can deal some tough cards for us to deal with, somehow we have to seek that strength to wake up each day knowing that our God holds each one of us in the palm of his hand.

In the spirit of seeking that inner strength

Eric
    | Likes Insaanah liked this post
    chat Quote

aZn_pLayGurL's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking Re: Are you stressed?

LoLz weN iM StreSSeD i

1) eAt cHOcoLaTe

2)StarT BraKDaNciNg

3) CleaN uP

4) oR CaLL Ma MatEz a pRobLeM shAreD is a pRobLeM HalveD

wSLaMz

kay: SuM WaR WiTh gOd aNd sUm wAr wItH ThE BeAsT... SuM WaR FoR WaR BuT We WaR FoH PeAcE *RiShpEcT** kay: kay:
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings Eric,

Thankyou very much for those thoughtful, insightful posts. At 56, you certainly do have a lot of experiences to bring and share with us on this forum!

Islam does offer a lot on mental well-being and seeking that inner strength. Praying five times daily is a means of remembering our true purpose in life and maintaining a constant connection with God. In fact, remembering God in prayers, glorification and through various means such as reading the Qur'an is a highly commended action, as Allaah says in the Qur'an:

[13.28] Those who believe and whose hearts are set at rest by the remembrance of Allah; now surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest.

And no matter what life throws in our path, we are encouraged to accept with patience and hope, knowing that all is happening by the Will of God and that turning to Him is ever the way out of our problems:

[2.152] Therefore remember Me, I will remember you, and be thankful to Me, and do not be ungrateful to Me.
    [2.153] O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient.

[65.2] ... and whoever is careful of (his duty to) Allah, He will make for him an outlet,

[2.186] And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way.

We are taught that faith in God is something that alternates all the time; it can increase and decrease. Hence through our experiences in life, we are constantly struggling to achieve and maintain a high level of faith that brings us closer to God and helps us become the best we can be - in hope of receiving God's Mercy on that day that we shall finally meet Him.

I will have to leave it there for now

Peace.

chat Quote

Takumi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I usually write down and divide them into two categories. Things that I can control and things that I can't.

I can control my emotions or how I choose to feel about something, but I can't control other people's behavior, unless they're my kids, so, there's no sense for being depressed over that.

It's really cool to see the doughnut not the hole or the glass is half full instead of half empty, but it's easier written than done.

Read al quran. wow. amazing stuff in there. immediate gratification. it's broadband connection with your creator.

Or, if I choose and the weather's great, I'd be outdoors, horseback riding or just frolicking by the river. Just the sound of the water flowing by the command of its creator soothes you and at the end of the day, you realize, you were stressed for nothing.

I'm blessed.
    Last edited by Takumi; 02-09-2006 at 01:22 PM.

Takumi Nakashima
    WattaquLlah(a) wa yu'allimukumuLlah(u)
    (Be Mindful of Allah and He will teach you)
    chat Quote

Khaldun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Alif Lam Mim.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Make wudhu a simple solution for anger/stress or just plain laziness

IK 4 1 - Are you stressed? Tips please.

Click it and you wont regret it!
    www.khaldun.wordpress.com
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric
    At 56 I guess I am older than a lot of people on this forum, and I have had just a few struggles in life. Somehow in life you have to gain some kind of mental strength each day, it offers a cumlative effect, sometimes you suffer and loose but overall there is the need to feel mentally tougher.

Peace/Greetings.

Wow subhnallah thats amazing. I go through half the struggles of an adult and I'm not even 30 yet..loq. I know its sad, but what Allah destines is what he wills. May Allah(swt) keep you well attained and very humble insha'Allah. Coming to this forum is a real social breakthrough for me. I am sometimes astonished by other members and their lifestyles how they embraced Islam; ect ;ect. This is an inspiration to me. Nevertheless I have some bad habits that I know I have to stop and here on the forum is what disciplines me. I am already displined by my parents, but I still need that extra kick if you understand what I'm saying...loq.
    Last edited by Halima; 02-09-2006 at 01:25 PM.

Insha'Allah Khair.

chat Quote

Takumi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace Far7an,

My mum was another role model for me, for about the last 25 years of her life she was totally paralysed and could not move her arms or legs. We had to help her get dressed, feed her, help her to the toilet, she suffered bed sores and could not sit in her wheel chair for more than a couple of hours a day. She never complained, she always asked how we were, she always wanted to hear what we were up to, and she never liked to burden us with her problem.

Eric
    that's truly inspiring.

In retrospect, that's what mothers did to us when we were young and helpless. May God bless our mothers.

There's an old saying around these woods of Kurokawa:

"a mother can take care of 12 children, but 12 children may not be able to take care of one mother"

I salute you!

Takumi Nakashima
    WattaquLlah(a) wa yu'allimukumuLlah(u)
    (Be Mindful of Allah and He will teach you)
    chat Quote

Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Turn to Allah- Increasing in Salaah and Du'a

Go Masjid- Sit down in peace and quitenss or go park and reflect on the beaufy of Allah's creation.

Talk to some sister's or Mum<<<Best person to relife your stress on (In a good way)

Listen to Quran and Nasheed's

Eat Fruits and OUT with thePen and Paper<<< Write down what's streesing you out and then one day look back at it and have a good laugh or take a lesson from it.
    Last edited by Umm Yoosuf; 02-09-2006 at 01:52 PM.
    chat Quote

Sis786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is what i look like cat6qj - Are you stressed? Tips please.
    Sooooo YES i am a BIT stressed out.

TEA helps!
    chat Quote

Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hahahaha Subhnallah!!!!
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aZn_pLayGurL View Post
    LoLz weN iM StreSSeD i

1) eAt cHOcoLaTe

2)StarT BraKDaNciNg

3) CleaN uP

4) oR CaLL Ma MatEz a pRobLeM shAreD is a pRobLeM HalveD

wSLaMz

That's very adorable subanallah. Although, she was asking on tips to relieve the stress. Not the symptoms of when we have it..loq

Insha'Allah Khair.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Are you stressed? Tips please. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Are you stressed? Tips please.